Welcome to OA - Overthinkers Anonymous - What Are You Overthinking About Today?

Is it just me whose first rection to getting a new follower is 'fuck! now I've got to be interesting 🙈'
OMG, so much this!

Everytime someone writes me my first thought is I hope they don’t read my posts, they are going to hate me, or think I’m weird.

Or even worse, someone writes and says they saw some of my posts and thought they should say hi. Then I think What posts? What did I write? I hope they don’t read my stories.

I’m overthinking my love for “reality” TV. Is it the people watcher in me? Is it watching the train wreck of other peoples lives makes me feel better about my own train wreck? Is it just so ridiculous and mind numbing I can tune out the overthinking in my own mind while it’s on?

I need consistent - and maybe constant - reassurance and communication. Does that mean I'm entitled to it? I don't think so, as hard as that is to realise. No one actually owes me anything more than they choose to give.
Girl. Many a relationship has suffered from needing more communication. I’ve just gotten good enough these days at recognizing when I’m a placeholder and not a featured interest. I do tend to ask more than I’m comfortable with if things are okay between me and my person. I’m sure it’s annoying.

Man. I get tired of falling down rabbit holes.

I am overthinking the same stuff I always overthink.

Everything. Especially when I’m trying to get to sleep

Girl. Many a relationship has suffered from needing more communication. I’ve just gotten good enough these days at recognizing when I’m a placeholder and not a featured interest. I do tend to ask more than I’m comfortable with if things are okay between me and my person. I’m sure it’s annoying.

Man. I get tired of falling down rabbit holes.
That's a nail on the head. A placeholder... Yeah I'm learning or trying to learn how to tell the difference.

Ah but some rabbit holes lead to the best adventures. It's just knowing if the experience is worth it

That's a nail on the head. A placeholder... Yeah I'm learning or trying to learn how to tell the difference.

Ah but some rabbit holes lead to the best adventures. It's just knowing if the experience is worth it
My very sweet friend, all experiences teach us something. It’s always worth it. Sometimes it just hurts more.

I'm overthinking life in general. I'm keeping the dark thoughts at bay, but the emotions are all over the place.

I've been told I use humor, sarcasm and being overly friendly to mask my pain etc. But if I stop, I end up like today. I feel lonely in a world full of people.

If the cold shoulder this time is in hopes of me walking away.

Comparing how things were before and how they are now, I feel dumb.

My friend said “It’s like you’re chasing after someone that’s running away but still making sure you’re there” and I refused to believe it but now I feel like it’s bluntly in my face.

Back