Wax Play...have you tried it?

Try to find soy candles. They melt at a lower temperature so they aren’t quite as hot as parafin wax candles.

It's good to have that or a cheap shower curtain in case it splatters.

Some people use a comb to clean it off. Someone used a knife during an instructive class.

I wonder what else people use?!

I’ve only done wax play alone, so removal is probably less “sexy” because I’m doing it myself. That being said, I usually scrap what I can off with my fingers/nails and then whatever is left is washed away in the shower (a loofa or washcloth is pretty great at getting the last of it off). Sometimes I will cool the wax with an ice cube to help remove more before the shower.

I’ve used a knife before, but it’s not as interesting as it sounds when you’re alone 🤣

Try to find soy candles. They melt at a lower temperature so they aren’t quite as hot as parafin wax candles.

Though soy candles are “cooler,” I’ve found the clean up to be almost impossible. They turn into a terrible lotiony-wax coating on my skin.

I tend to keep away from bee’s wax candles, but find paraffin to be fine… I am also highly masochistic, so am okay if an accidental superficial burn should occur (though it hasn’t yet) because marks. 😋

I’ve only done wax play alone, so removal is probably less “sexy” because I’m doing it myself

For me it is not so much sexual as it is fascination with the sensations.
I was the little girl who constantly had to be told not to play with the candle at the dinner table, creating little paraffin streams, catching them with my fingers and making little dams.

I’ve used a knife before, but it’s not as interesting as it sounds when you’re alone 🤣

Not as interesting but the contrast with cold metal is nice.

Though soy candles are “cooler,” I’ve found the clean up to be almost impossible. They turn into a terrible lotiony-wax coating on my skin.

This.
It stays very soft and feels plasticy.
We bought a massage candle once and it was a mess and a disappointment.

bdsmlr-82823-jycHiwSrt6.png

If you really want a mind fuck your sub during wax play, couple it with sensory deprivation and edge play. I've done exactly this. Show your sub a very sharp knife before blind folding and restraining them. Then switch to a VERY dull knife or even a credit card. The sensation is the same when the sub can't see. Shave the wax off and be verbal. Tell your sub that they must hold absolutely still as the "knife" shaves the wax from their genitals and any other tender areas. Make it sound extremely dangerous but DON'T endanger them. They trust you and it's your responsibility that no harm shall happen to them.

A good session can be 30 to 60 minutes of this. Once you're done be sure to provide after care. That's critical.

Normal white candles are fine. Just adjust the hight you drip from accordingly and stay away from bee’s wax.
Most colored candles are fine too, but some can be tricky, especially if the color looks metallic.
If you use tea lights, be careful to not splash the little metal disc that holds the wick on skin - it’s really hot.

Cleanup isn’t fun, so an old sheet that collects the wax when it comes off, is a good idea.
Read and understand, this is your goto guide.

Stay away from beeswax. Third degree burns may await you.

It IS beautiful, isn't it?

Wax play is considered moderately advanced...you really need to know what you're doing and use the right kind of candles.

Where can you find them? Amazon...I've seen them on Etsy.

Also, I have heard about painting the hot wax on instead of just dripping it! As a sensualist, I find this intriguing!
If i can chime in. You want to use a low melting point wax. Something like a soy wax should be good. I’d avoid anything with a scent. They might have allergies to it. They might not know it.
Start off slow and enjoy the journey. As far as dripping/ pouring wax on someone. I’d start from further away from them. Work closer if everything is going well.

If i can chime in. You want to use a low melting point wax. Something like a soy wax should be good

As mentioned earlier in the thread, soy wax has a downside too, see quotes below.

This.
It stays very soft and feels plasticy.
We bought a massage candle once and it was a mess and a disappointment.

Back