The Mega Fun Fun Happy Brain Thread! (ot)

having a bit of an existential crisis at the moment; minor break down this morning :(
and I have a bloody headache :mad:

I just want to spend friday-sunday in bed. Problem is: I could, but I know it wouldn't be good for me. #unhappysloth

I'm not having a mega fun fun happy brain morning.

I'm sorry. :( *holds your hand*

Medula oblongata!
(It's a part of your brain)

.... My a&p teacher ensured that everyone got that particular section of the test right by signing about medula oblongata to the tune of hakuna matada.... And now the two are entrisically entwined for me.

Staggy!:rose:

having a bit of an existential crisis at the moment; minor break down this morning :(
and I have a bloody headache :mad:

I just want to spend friday-sunday in bed. Problem is: I could, but I know it wouldn't be good for me. #unhappysloth

*offers tea and baklava*

I really wanted an orgasm this morning. I went all sorts of pervy directions in my pervy little brain and still no dice.

Sigh.

Thanks, depression meds! 👍

There will be tasty refreshments in the Blanket Fort for anyone who can muster the energy to meet me there.

Okay Hänsel makes sense. What should he be called instead? Johan? Dieter? Gunter? Lars?
An irresponsible halfwit for being so oblivious to the machinations of a clearly deranged woman living in an house inexplicably made out of gingerbread.

An irresponsible halfwit for being so oblivious to the machinations of a clearly deranged woman living in an house inexplicably made out of gingerbread.

well, who can resist gingerbread?

Not sure that'll fit on his birth certificate... ;)

Word!

I was thinking about mince pies today...

'Tis the season for Pumpkin. Mince season starts in about 2.5 - 3 weeks. Or so I've always been told.

And it's Fruitcake season at the same time. Yum! No one else in the family likes Fruitcake except me. Which reinforces MY particular belief that I was switched at birth. And I don't mean with a cane either though I probably deserved it.

*drool*

I've been a good girl today, got some work done; bought paints, too.

👏 paint ~~>💅 (Couldn't find an artist's palette.)

'Tis the season for Pumpkin. Mince season starts in about 2.5 - 3 weeks. Or so I've always been told.

And it's Fruitcake season at the same time. Yum! No one else in the family likes Fruitcake except me. Which reinforces MY particular belief that I was switched at birth. And I don't mean with a cane either though I probably deserved it.

Haha!

Pumpkin 😍
Fruitcake 😷

I spent half of yesterday out of town. Not physically strenuous, but it was six hours of constant peopling and I'm wiped out.

I am incredibly, ridiculously, horrifically depressed this weekend. The past few months have been mostly absolutely awful for me emotionally. I feel like crying but I can't cry. I would reach out to friends, but everyone has their own things to deal with and nobody needs to hear about my shitty life. I try to be supportive of everyone, but I'm feeling tapped out. I don't think it helps that I haven't been sleeping well. So, bring on some Mega Fun, Fun Happy...I need to snap out of this. :(

*hugs lilli*

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now, that really sucks. :(

I know that 'i need to cry but I can't' feeling, that sucks too! :mad:

Sleep makes such a difference, doesn't it? Do you have a good bedtime routine? I sometimes need to take an anxiety pill about an hour before bed to relax enough to sleep.

I think you should go ahead and reach out to your friends even if you think they are busy. I do a lot of unprompted checking in with people I'm close to, to let them know how I am. Each offers a different sort of encouragement and it covers a lot of ground. I have a messenger group with my daughters, aunts, and cousins; a Skype group with elli and a couple other friends, and a kik group that is just a handful of ladies. Everyone is 'busy,' everyone has lives, but we make the effort to check in and support each other. :)

For me, there is no 'snapping out of it.' Moving into a better place is a process, often slow, but any little thing you can do today can be built upon tomorrow. I try not to focus on 'happy' as my goal, but rather on making progress, and feeling a sense of accomplishment.

I don't know if any of this will be helpful, but I'm sorry you're hurting, and I'm glad you posted to let us know. :rose:

*hugs lilli*

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now, that really sucks. :(

I know that 'i need to cry but I can't' feeling, that sucks too! :mad:

Sleep makes such a difference, doesn't it? Do you have a good bedtime routine? I sometimes need to take an anxiety pill about an hour before bed to relax enough to sleep.

I think you should go ahead and reach out to your friends even if you think they are busy. I do a lot of unprompted checking in with people I'm close to, to let them know how I am. Each offers a different sort of encouragement and it covers a lot of ground. I have a messenger group with my daughters, aunts, and cousins; a Skype group with elli and a couple other friends, and a kik group that is just a handful of ladies. Everyone is 'busy,' everyone has lives, but we make the effort to check in and support each other. :)

For me, there is no 'snapping out of it.' Moving into a better place is a process, often slow, but any little thing you can do today can be built upon tomorrow. I try not to focus on 'happy' as my goal, but rather on making progress, and feeling a sense of accomplishment.

I don't know if any of this will be helpful, but I'm sorry you're hurting, and I'm glad you posted to let us know. :rose:

this makes me feel kinda proud of you, for some reason

Back