The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY warm in my city, 94 currently.

Walked home from work through the park. Only half the amount of sunbathers out today. Found most of them in the market loading up on water, ice, and sunscreen.

Just getting to writing currently.

I'm the opposite end of the State from you and we were in the nineties - blech.

Happy writing

Ido hope that the example of the Costa coffee (more like costa-fortune at the motorway service station) I had was not too typical; it was ghastly - too bitter and too cool (and the bloke behind the 'bar' did not seem to understand English as in "coffee please", but muttered all manner of gibberish.

I've not been in a Wimpy bar for ages. Good stuff, before McD got stuck in.

I'm having trouble with the concept of ice, coffee & choccolate in the same pot.
:)

Pot?

Espresso is added to the chocolate
More Chocolate is added to milk, then that and the espresso mix is poured over ice
No pots!

Nineties here too, though my car claimed 100 at one point. Not fun with a sunburn. :rolleyes: I went for the iced latte today. The coffeehouse was blissfully frigid.

Nineties here too, though my car claimed 100 at one point. Not fun with a sunburn. :rolleyes: I went for the iced latte today. The coffeehouse was blissfully frigid.

I stayed in my air conditioned office and hid until it was a bit cooler.

Take care of that sunburn - never fun.

I'm the opposite end of the State from you and we were in the nineties - blech.

Nineties are pretty normal here.

The local paper publishes a UV Hazard index that ranges from 0 to 15, with the range from 12-15 labeled as "Extreme." It's been pegged at 15 for a few days now.

There is nothing to cut the sunlight. The temperature isn't that bad, but the sun is brutal. It's great for the solar arrays, though.

Nineties are pretty normal here.

The local paper publishes a UV Hazard index that ranges from 0 to 15, with the range from 12-15 labeled as "Extreme." It's been pegged at 15 for a few days now.

There is nothing to cut the sunlight. The temperature isn't that bad, but the sun is brutal. It's great for the solar arrays, though.

Not for me. Once the temp crosses 69 degrees I'm too warm.

Happily, I don't live anywhere near the need for UV Hazard index. I remember military days with red and black flag days - red go ahead but watch it, black - no outdoor PT.

Evening all,

I have house guest again. Not that I'm complaining in the least. We spent some time on the sundeck this morning before the heat set in. Low 90's with passing clouds most of the day. The rain they predicted seems to have missed us. As the norm with a southeastern wind, the showers are hit or miss.

The rest of the day we've played inside. :devil: :D

Not much, if any writing done but plenty of plot bunnies hopping around and around.

Evening all,

I have house guest again. Not that I'm complaining in the least. We spent some time on the sundeck this morning before the heat set in. Low 90's with passing clouds most of the day. The rain they predicted seems to have missed us. As the norm with a southeastern wind, the showers are hit or miss.

Not much, if any writing done but plenty of plot bunnies hopping around and around.

Just plot bunnies? :D

Evening all,

slave_ says "Hi." She made a rare appearance last night here in the AH but is way too hot (temperature wise :devil:) tonight to participate.

slave_ says "Hi." She made a rare appearance last night here in the AH but is way too hot (temperature wise :devil:) tonight to participate.

And a great big Hi and a hug to Slave. Sorry I missed her. :D Not actually as it has been hot here even with the AC on full blast. If things work out, I may have two permanent house guests here shortly. :)

They are both sleeping so i may get a little writing done.

It's Trumpish, HP, and its ez to speek. Theirs a councel that gives you the best words, so you can tapp phones and serch for lasting peach in the middled East.

Would that be with "forward predictive" dictionary ON ?
[PS. Try sending "QUICHE"; it will have you in stitches].

Would that be with "forward predictive" dictionary ON ?
[PS. Try sending "QUICHE"; it will have you in stitches].

I don't know about "forward predictive" dictionaries - sounds like something to complete your sentences or take the words out of your mouth! Where do I find it? (or is it just that thing that starts offering you the word it hopes you're typing?)

Two of the three Keurigs on the office floor broke this morning. There was a mad dash to Walmart to pick up a couple. It was funny. Some people get grumpy when there's no coffee for them at 8 AM.

Good Luck, Ruben.

But I'm hoping for decent weather tomorrow so I can got to the National Arboretum and take a few dozen pictures of some wonderful monuments, particularly the centre-piece.

Time, I think for a cup of Tea before retiring.

It's Trumpish, HP, and its ez to speek. Theirs a councel that gives you the best words, so you can tapp phones and serch for lasting peach in the middled East.

Oh My God Tio - you totally destroyed me with this post.

If I was a coffee drinker it would have been spewed. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back