Sexy Art

tumblr_o4zdhhcs9F1txdeaio1_500.jpg

I love how they pushed the envelope of what was and wasn't acceptable back in the 1930's and 1940's and 1950's by using illustrations instead of pictures.

I've always wondered where these kinds of illustrations got published though. Was it the Saturday Evening Post? Does anyone know?

s-l1200.jpg

World-War-II-Russia-Sexy-Pin-up-Girl-Vintege-Poster-Home-Room-Wall-sticker-Kraft-Paper.jpg

612GoVBx0GL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
It just occurred to me how these images must have aroused many men(and even secretly some woman). But now there considered very tame and wouldnt get a second glance. Growing up i remember masturbating to the slightest reveals of flesh. Lets just say watching 80s videos on mtv caused me to lose billions of sperm. Solid gold dancers made me go crazy. With such explicit images and much less clothing on woman now, have we lost this sense of imagination? Then again im not complaining, I certainly enjoy viewing the beauty in the human form. I applause these artists and appreciate their work and their talents.

Great thread and some good discussion on art.Those old art covers are amazing. love them. Social media has made it easier for artists to find audience for their art these days. One of the artist I enjoy on Insta is 'Agathesorlet' for the way she displays affection as well as different human bodies

173705869_2855687861413423_5318306499213151751_n.jpg

"Spring" - Sculpture by Mario Chiodo (borrowed from llidar on the B&W thread)

omg this is stunning! so beautiful and lifelike!

Does anyone know where it is?

I'd love to go see it someday in person.

Great thread and some good discussion on art.Those old art covers are amazing. love them. Social media has made it easier for artists to find audience for their art these days. One of the artist I enjoy on Insta is 'Agathesorlet' for the way she displays affection as well as different human bodies

Thank you for sharing and for the Insta tip!

0000s_0000_spring.jpg

The original "Spring" scupture is 12' high . . . . The artist has a studio, Chiodo Art Development, in Napa, CA. The sculpture may reside at a private wine estate in Oakland, CA.

Back