A Song for Everything

Thanks, everyone, for all the support. Yeah, it's a time of transition. Last fall I retired on a Monday and the Friday of that week was when Dad died. That left me with two moms - my real mom and my stepmom. Real mom was already deep into Alz, and she passed last week. Stepmom started a decline as soon as Dad died, but she is super strong and stubborn. She's on hospice now, and her doctor didn't give her a lot of time. Honestly it was a horse race between her and my mom, which one was going to go first. It turned out to be Mom. But stepmom is too damn stubborn to let go. So we get to stop in and see her on our way to Mom's funeral. It's most likely the last time we see her because she could go at any time. So yeah, that's life for me at the moment. In a short time I'm gonna lose all 3 remaining parents, all of which I loved.

Sorry, this ain't about music but I appreciate the opportunity to vent. You guys are all good people who have helped me and made my life fun. Now back to your regularly scheduled music game. I believe the prompt is Protect or Protector.

Thanks, everyone, for all the support. Yeah, it's a time of transition. Last fall I retired on a Monday and the Friday of that week was when Dad died. That left me with two moms - my real mom and my stepmom. Real mom was already deep into Alz, and she passed last week. Stepmom started a decline as soon as Dad died, but she is super strong and stubborn. She's on hospice now, and her doctor didn't give her a lot of time. Honestly it was a horse race between her and my mom, which one was going to go first. It turned out to be Mom. But stepmom is too damn stubborn to let go. So we get to stop in and see her on our way to Mom's funeral. It's most likely the last time we see her because she could go at any time. So yeah, that's life for me at the moment. In a short time I'm gonna lose all 3 remaining parents, all of which I loved.

Sorry, this ain't about music but I appreciate the opportunity to vent. You guys are all good people who have helped me and made my life fun. Now back to your regularly scheduled music game. I believe the prompt is Protect or Protector.
We 💙 love you, bro!

Back