Pondering Thread

ABSTRUSE said:
Unlike my rambling thread the pondering one is a place to come to when you are pondering something and want to share. I ponder a lot, over many things. Winnie the Pooh is my pondering muse. I especially enjoyed him in "The Tao of Pooh", one of my fav books....which unfortuately I can't find right now.

Think of this as a mini-blog spot.
Share a thought.

No replies are needed.
Just some Pondering.

Abs in repose. :rose:
I saw The Good Shepherd last night and was pondering an intriguing piece of dialogue that went something like .. (ACTUALLY IMDB HAS THE EXACT QUOTE (actually not exact, but close enough in memory) and I love it:

Quote: Do you know what I tell people when they ask why I don't use the word "the" when I talk about CIA? Do you put a "the" in front of God?

Anyhow, I was pondering that quote. Great piece of dialogue. ) :kiss:
 
Recidiva said:
Missed you too! Had to come knock on your door. Even with very little to say other than "Missed you!"
My door is always open for you. :heart:
 
CharleyH said:
I saw The Good Shepherd last night and was pondering an intriguing piece of dialogue that went something like .. (ACTUALLY IMDB HAS THE EXACT QUOTE (actually not exact, but close enough in memory) and I love it:

Quote: Do you know what I tell people when they ask why I don't use the word "the" when I talk about CIA? Do you put a "the" in front of God?

Anyhow, I was pondering that quote. Great piece of dialogue. ) :kiss:
I'm pondering your sigline now.
 
ABSTRUSE said:
how can we look without seeing?

You know that caught my attention. :cool:
It's been here for months - I was just wondering who might see it and how long it would take after I blatently pointed it out 2 months ago ... LOL.

Cool. :catroar:

Answer to your specific question? Well, one could read Oedipus Rex to find out how. :D
 
CharleyH said:
It's been here for months - I was just wondering who might see it and how long it would take after I blatently pointed it out 2 months ago ... LOL.

Cool. :catroar:

Answer to your specific question? Well, one could read Oedipus Rex to find out how. :D
Too boring to read. I need a cartoon today.
 
ABSTRUSE said:
Too boring to read. I need a cartoon today.

I dunno, incest is a popular category on Lit. Cartoon? Hm. For you ... I can direct you to 'American Dad' or SNL's TV Funhouse with the Ambiguously Gay Duo? :D
 
is pondering whether pondering is hazardous to feeeriek's mental well being since thinking gets her in trouble
 
Im pondering the belief (i wont say fact...) that not only are we students FOR life, but OF life. I especially feel that as i look around and see what other's do around me and what they know that i dont and realise i have a lot to learn.

I've always disputed the whole my age thing as i feel certain areas of my life reflect more responsibility than my age would generally allow (if that makes sense). Well with that i guess i feel i need the 'grown up' mental capacity too. Maybe i should anyway at my age- you know, have a lot tucked away in my head, but the truth is i dont. I find it difficult to learn and i don't pick extraneous knowledge up very easily.

Maybe i'm too young, or 'i'm still learning' but i am pondering that i am a student of life above all else.

i dont even know if any of that made sense- this is how unsure of myself i am.

*sigh*
 
feeeriek said:
is pondering whether pondering is hazardous to feeeriek's mental well being since thinking gets her in trouble
Feeling get's me into trouble.

Well, not really trouble, but it does get me into some unfavourable situations, at times.
 
I'm pondering whether I'm allergic to Border Terriers. Are they hypo-allergenic? Does anyone know?
x
V
 
Today while standing in the shower I pondered whether or not one truly becomes clean while showering in a dirty shower.
 
ABSTRUSE said:
Pondering the meaning of dreams.

There are only a few dreams I have that will make an impact on me that makes me think they're significant. Usually they have a completely different flavor than other dreams.

The dream where I knew I'd end up with the man I'm with now was one. They're rare.

I do try to let my awake thoughts have more influence than my asleep thoughts, but sometimes asleep just makes it more apparent in clearer symbols.
 
rgraham666 said:
All my dreams are nightmares. I wonder what that means?

I have that also. That means, for me, that I have to essentially drug myself to get some sleep, every night. Otherwise I just get stuck in a layer of pain that makes me never want to sleep again. Insomnia and insanity lie that way.

I think it's from my experiences with migraine headaches. There's just a lot of pain experience in my brain to access, so I imagine that's why it dominates the landscape in symbols.
 
Back
Top