Pondering Thread

impressive said:
Today, I am pondering trust. In particular, I am pondering how, when we trust someone, we are not only trusting them, but--by extension--we are also trusting everyone they trust.

That scares me.

A lot.

Make it worse, you are trusting a trusted persons decision to place trust in a third person.


Hmmm....The enemy of my enemy is my friend, but is the friend of my friend my enemy?
 
That's what we do... Oh come on. You know what I'm talking about. It isn't like flirting with intent...

I'm pondering that statement. What is flirting with intent? And intent to . . . what? And why? And how does one know? Or do we assume? Or do we just go with it?

Aother statement: I flirt but it stays at that. I don't mean anything by it.

Hmnn . . . Oh?

*ponders*
 
Nirvanadragones said:
That's what we do... Oh come on. You know what I'm talking about. It isn't like flirting with intent...

I'm pondering that statement. What is flirting with intent? And intent to . . . what? And why? And how does one know? Or do we assume? Or do we just go with it?

Aother statement: I flirt but it stays at that. I don't mean anything by it.

Hmnn . . . Oh?

*ponders*
Flirting... *ponders*
I would say there there are several degrees of flirting. Ranging from just a playful smile to a stranger who catches your eye - something to brighten up the day... To actually pursuing another with intent to "seal the deal" if you will.

There are those with whom we have relationships that are friendly, where you can exchange banter and still keep it at a generally platonic relationship with no real romantic/emotional attachment, no strings attached, no actual invitation into one's bed, and no potential for it to ever reach that stage. Just a playful flirt.

Then there's Flirting "with intent"... the attempt to link into the other person's sexual energy and take it to the next level, which when reciprocated, basically gives birth to some sort of mental foreplay.

I suppose the challenge is in discerning at what level the other person is flirting with you, and if it is indeed at the same level as your own.
 
Nirvanadragones said:
Fancy meeting you here :kiss: ;)

Seal the deal . . . Bwah! :D
Were you needing examples? I'm sure I could provide you with some... But I'll just have you know that I like to take a "hands on" approach... ;) :kiss:
 
inlovewithyourghost said:
Were you needing examples? I'm sure I could provide you with some... But I'll just have you know that I like to take a "hands on" approach... ;) :kiss:
"Ahem" :cool:
 
Nirvanadragones said:
That's what we do... Oh come on. You know what I'm talking about. It isn't like flirting with intent...

I'm pondering that statement. What is flirting with intent? And intent to . . . what? And why? And how does one know? Or do we assume? Or do we just go with it?

Aother statement: I flirt but it stays at that. I don't mean anything by it.

Hmnn . . . Oh?

*ponders*

Odd, I was just discussing this with a friend this morning. ;)

Colly used to flirt with me, and depending on what meds she took, it could get quite raunchy. I think one of the reasons she did is that I'm completely safe: I'm straight, for one thing, and also in a committed relationship. We both understood that it was playing, nothing more.
 
I love to flirt, as some people have noticed.

Mostly because it's safe. I know the women here well enough that I know I won't get a knee in the groin. Or have her gag. That happened to me once.

As far as sealing the deal goes, "no comment."
 
A seed far below the ground begins to grow, pushing its way toward the surface of the earth and out to find the sun. It grows into a flower resplendant in all its glorious color.
It finds its place in a small crack in a sidewalk in some large and noisy city. It doesn't know it shouldn't be there. It doesn't care that no one stops to notice it.
It just is.
Happily doing its flower thing.
And then one day its gone as unceremoniously as it came.

The sadness comes when we, by our choice, fail to see the beauty that can show up in the most ugliest of places.
 
ABSTRUSE said:
A seed far below the ground begins to grow, pushing its way toward the surface of the earth and out to find the sun. It grows into a flower resplendant in all its glorious color.
It finds its place in a small crack in a sidewalk in some large and noisy city. It doesn't know it shouldn't be there. It doesn't care that no one stops to notice it.
It just is.
Happily doing its flower thing.
And then one day its gone as unceremoniously as it came.

The sadness comes when we, by our choice, fail to see the beauty that can show up in the most ugliest of places.


You've been contemplating the filth of my mind again, haven't you?
 
Pondering why we keep getting back up and trying, again and again, thinking we are learning, only to find that the rules keep changing on us, so we are actually making no progress at all.

If we never do it correctly, won't we eventually get so tired we give up?

Just a thought.
 
Today I ponder life and the paths that I have chosen, the people I've met along the way, the feelings I embrace and those I push away.
 
There was an old Chinese lady, who used to get her water from a well. She had two buckets, and every day she'd make the journey down to the well and back to her home with these two buckets.

One of the buckets had several holes in it, and when people noticed they asked her why she allowed the water she'd worked so hard to collect to run away, instead of getting a new bucket.

She shrugged and carried on her daily water journey.

A few months later a trail of flowers bloomed along one side of the path.

Embrace imperfection and watch the flowers blossom. :cool:

Peace :rose:
 
Today, I sit with fear. Not "in" fear, but "with" it. I ponder its power over love. I examine the relationships in my life and question the value of those in which fear limits the expression of love. I see it in friends. I see it in lovers. I do believe I'm finished investing myself in any form of intimacy until fear is no longer a motivating factor.
 
Back
Top