New Hampshire moves to disqualify Trump from Presidency under 14th Amendment

An early version of the Fox 'News' item described it as an 'obscure' section of law (now edited out). The US Constitution is obscure! :ROFLMAO:
Do most people know all of the nooks and crannies of the document?

Had you heard of 14-3 prior to the last few weeks?

A southern white guy thinks that the 14th Amendment is unamerican.

Well no I hadn't. But then there are lots of laws that exist that probably wouldn't be regarded as obscure just because I (and Fox) aren't familiar with them.

Whose fault is it that Americans see the system as rigged?
All Trump had to do according to Raffensperger is lie until sufficient people have been fooled, then he has to be allowed to run again so that he can continue to lie until he has the opportunity to try to pardon himself and stay out of prison for those lies!

Lewis Carroll is next to be on the list of banned authors.
So you believe Americans are for more rigging to fix rigging.

Whose fault is it that Americans see the system as rigged?
All Trump had to do according to Raffensperger is lie until sufficient people have been fooled, then he has to be allowed to run again so that he can continue to lie until he has the opportunity to try to pardon himself and stay out of prison for those lies!

Lewis Carroll is next to be on the list of banned authors.
I’ll leave it to you to ask Raffensperger that question. Maybe it’s because people who are not election officials are prohibited from serving drinks and snacks in voting lines. Lol.

I read it, more than once. I try to read the Constitution once or twice a year. That being said I've never memorized it and there is a reason why when anybody who isn't an asshole cites really any part of the document its best to copy paste the part that pertains to the conversation.

I like the delicious irony that if Trump was kept off the ballot, any reasonable GOP candidate would have a decent chance of beating Biden. However, if Trump stays on the ballot Joe Biden almost certainly romps home. And if Trump remains on the Ballot, there is also a fair chance that an anti Trump moderate conservative will run to cut his vote. That could produce a result that even the most diehard deplorables would lose faith in the EC. For example, Texas is almost designed for a conservative spoiler to take enough votes from Trump to give the State to Biden. Florida similarly.

And all of the discussion around it both back then and now.

And true, the clear cut decision that needs to be made on the issue (and now it’s in court in Colorado) is the interpretation. But since this is the “history and tradition” court- sure looks like they can look back on the establishment of the 14th and the “history and tradition” of the need for it and make simple comparison to who the Cheeto attempted on Jan 6.

There always is next part where the legislature can remove the disqualification, hopefully they can change enough hearts and minds to do that quick because sure seems like an open and shut case.

I like the delicious irony that if Trump was kept off the ballot, any reasonable GOP candidate would have a decent chance of beating Biden. However, if Trump stays on the ballot Joe Biden almost certainly romps home. And if Trump remains on the Ballot, there is also a fair chance that an anti Trump moderate conservative will run to cut his vote. That could produce a result that even the most diehard deplorables would lose faith in the EC. For example, Texas is almost designed for a conservative spoiler to take enough votes from Trump to give the State to Biden. Florida similarly.
While the latest polling indicates that other GOP candidates match up against Biden better than Trump, I’m not sure what data you have to support your theory that “Biden almost certainly romps home” in a matchup with Trump. All the polls I’ve seen show Trump and Biden tied in a head to head matchup.

National polls are irrevelant. Biden will win California - it doesn't matter if he wins by one vote or 10 million, he gets the same number of Electors.

Only the polls in a handful of battleground states matter.

It's 14 months out, Polls at this point are irrelevant,except for political pundit talking points..

Meanwhile there are a lot of State elections just a few weeks away with critical issues.

It's 14 months out, Polls at this point are irrelevant,except for political pundit talking points..
What about the primaries? New Hampshire is sometime in January and if they want to keep him off the ballot they’ll need to act long before that to accommodate printing and early voting. If NH or any state allowed him on the primary ballot but not the general election ballot would have a tough time rationalizing that.

If NH or any state allowed him on the primary ballot but not the general election ballot would have a tough time rationalizing that.
If candidate W gets endorsed in the primary, then gives aid and comfort to insurrectionists afterwards, there’d be no trouble getting W off the general ballots.

If candidate W gets endorsed in the primary, then gives aid and comfort to insurrectionists afterwards, there’d be no trouble getting W off the general ballots.
Suppose Trump is on the primary ballot and wins. How could a state rationalize trying to remove him from the ballot in November?

A conviction.
Ok thanks. I wouldn’t bet on him being removed from the ballot in any state, primary or general, but I do understand where you’re coming from. Some of the subscribers to the 14th theory are arguing a conviction isn’t necessary.

Ok thanks. I wouldn’t bet on him being removed from the ballot in any state, primary or general, but I do understand where you’re coming from. Some of the subscribers to the 14th theory are arguing a conviction isn’t necessary.
You began with the assumption that he wouldn’t be excluded from the primary ballot.

What about the primaries? New Hampshire is sometime in January and if they want to keep him off the ballot they’ll need to act long before that to accommodate printing and early voting. If NH or any state allowed him on the primary ballot but not the general election ballot would have a tough time rationalizing that.
What about primaries?
The poll was about the Presidential election assuming Biden and Trump go head to head.

14 months out based on speculation Trump or Biden are the nominees.

Only good for speculation by political pundits.

What about primaries?
The poll was about the Presidential election assuming Biden and Trump go head to head.

14 months out based on speculation Trump or Biden are the nominees.

Only good for speculation by political pundits.

BabyBoobs is failing all over the PB today.

The idiot is even pushing the “republican’s" transparently farcical and evidence free impeachment narrative.

🙄

👉 BabyBoobs 🤣

🇺🇸

NH SOS says Nope, not doin' it

Hopefully a court will direct him to, but we'll see.

New Hampshire secretary of state won't block Trump from ballot in key presidential primary state

www.msn.com.ico
The Associated Press on MSN.com|9 hours ago
New Hampshire's top election official said Wednesday he will not invoke an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to block former President Donald Trump from appearing on ballots in the state, which will hold the first Republican presidential primary next year.

You began with the assumption that he wouldn’t be excluded from the primary ballot.
Right. I don’t think he will. But I’m curious to understand if or how 14th hopefuls think about various scenarios. Here’s another scenario: If a conviction was used as a rationale to remove him from the November ballot in a state that allowed him to be on the primary ballot, would a conviction on any of the numerous charges in the various venues suffice? Are all charges in all the cases sufficiently egregious to keep him off the ballot?

Back