Supreme Court makes extremely rare Sunday announcement

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
The Supreme Court of the United States made an exceptionally rare public announcement today (a Sunday).

Defying custom and precedent, it announced it will be "rendering a decision public tomorrow (Monday March 4, 2024).

For reference: The only other time in the past 4 decades that the Supreme Court made a Sunday announcement was to announce that it was closed until further notice due to Covid.

Court-watchers widely expect it to be a decision on whether or not state courts can legally exclude insurrectionists from presidential ballots based on the 14th amendment.

An affirmative decision would disqualify Donald J Trump from a number of Super Tuesday ballots and pave the way for a Nikki Haley candidacy.

Legislating from the bench and overturning state supreme court decisions would be of extreme benefit to insurrectionists running for the presidency.

It is not known at this time how billionaire Leonard Leo will instruct his guy Clarence Thomas on how to vote.

The Supreme Court of the United States made an exceptionally rare public announcement today (a Sunday).

Defying custom and precedent, it announced it will be "rendering a decision public tomorrow (Monday March 4, 2024).

For reference: The only other time in the past 4 decades that the Supreme Court made a Sunday announcement was to announce that it was closed until further notice due to Covid.

Court-watchers widely expect it to be a decision on whether or not state courts can legally exclude insurrectionists from presidential ballots based on the 14th amendment.

An affirmative decision would disqualify Donald J Trump from a number of Super Tuesday ballots and pave the way for a Nikki Haley candidacy.

Legislating from the bench and overturning state supreme court decisions would be of extreme benefit to insurrectionists running for the presidency.

It is not known at this time how billionaire Leonard Leo will instruct his guy Clarence Thomas on how to vote.

But will the usual RWCJ suspects notice the none too subtle digs you made at them???

🤔

i wish they'd make a firm ruling, one way or the other, but am kind of expecting them to kick it back to 'states rights' to decide

even so, i can hope they'd follow Luttig's expertise on this, but i'm not holding my breath.

But will the usual RWCJ suspects notice the none too subtle digs you made at them???

🤔
Oh most of them notice....eventually. My point usually flies over their pointy heads, out the front door, to the end of their driveways, around to the back of their trailer, in through their doggy door and smacks them in the back of the head.

two minutes or so, more or less.

i wish they'd make a firm ruling, one way or the other, but am kind of expecting them to kick it back to 'states rights' to decide

even so, i can hope they'd follow Luttig's expertise on this, but i'm not holding my breath.
Normally the Supreme Court would kick a politically charged case like this back down to the state courts to maintain the fig leaf of "impartiality".

Given the decision this week that they will ponder the ludicrous "Constitutional" question as to whether the chief executive officer is technically a "President" or a "Constitutional Monarch" AND take 90 days to render a decision, I believe most Americans with an IQ over room temperature (sorry AJ) will surmise that the Supremes will be doing "whatever it takes" to make a second Trump regime a certainty.

Back