Let's talk about *documentaries* ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ‘€

Diosax

๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ
Hello hello *tabs microphone

I was watching a Netflix documentary yesterday and I wanted to make a thread about it but then I thought I should just make a thread about all the documentaries so those of us who enjoy watching them can discuss.

I love watching documentaries almost as much as I love watching trash tv. You read right, I love watching trash tv. But back to the documentaries ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

Tell me...
Do you enjoy watching documentaries?
What documentary(ies) are you currently watching? Care to discuss anything about it?
What's your favorite genre of documentaries?
Is there a documentary that left a lasting impression? Did it make you research or change anything?
What documentary do you recommend and why. Maybe you have a specific recommendation for a specific litster.

The first documentary I want to discuss is: Orgasm Inc. A Netflix original about a company that offered "orgasm meditation" and it became so popular (I never heard of this, did you? Do I live under a rock? because I never hear about any of the stuff on these documentaries). At the end it turned out to be basically a cult where rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse happen. You can watch the trailer here

And are any of you here in that documentary? If so, how much money did you lose? ๐Ÿ˜‚ or did anyone there reminded you of anyone here? ๐Ÿ‘€

I feel like I should like documentaries more than I do. If I happen to catch one on tv, I can get sucked in, but generally donโ€™t seek them out. The orgasm one sounds interesting though ๐Ÿ˜‚ I also want to eventually watch the LuLaRoe documentary.

I love documentaries. Especially music. This is probably the best one ever made. Complete fucking chaos! You can find for free on Youtube.

They Shall Not Grow Old - made by Peter Jackson - was absolutely incredible.
Beatles: Get Back - awesome as well.
My Octopus Teacher

McCartney 3,2,1. - on Hulu.

A six part series of an interview with Beatle Paul McCartney.

If youโ€™ve ever been into listening to or especially playing rock-n-roll this is a do-not-miss.

When I first started learning guitar I opened a Beatles song book and found that most of their simple sounding songs had at least one โ€œwtf is that?โ€ chord. It seemed like they were high on a hill of music knowledge that I would never understandโ€ฆ During the first episode that facade is shattered when Sir Paul talks about being shown a wild chord that he still doesnโ€™t know the name of, just that he liked the sound, and went on to build โ€˜Michelleโ€™ around it.

I remember trying to sus out the French lyrics in that song and being so impressed that the Beatles could write in multiple languagesโ€ฆ :lol:

Paul goes on to say how he thought using French was a great way to impress girls so he had an elderly French friend spoon feed him the line, โ€œSont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble,
Tres bien ensembleโ€

When I first started learning guitar I opened a Beatles song book and found that most of their simple sounding songs had at least one โ€œwtf is that?โ€ chord. It seemed like they were high on a hill of music knowledge that I would never understandโ€ฆ During the first episode that facade is shattered when Sir Paul talks about having a jazz artist showing him a wild chord that he still doesnโ€™t know the name of, to this day, just that he liked the sound, and went on to build โ€˜Michelleโ€™ around it.

I also remember trying to sus out the French lyrics in that song and being so impressed that the Beatles could write in multiple languagesโ€ฆ :LOL:

Paul goes on to say how he thought using French was a great way to impress girls so he had an elderly French friend spoon feed him the line, โ€œSont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble,
Tres bien ensembleโ€

Last edited:
I like documentaries a lot.

Tiger King is my favourite ever. Nothing beats that.

Some othersโ€ฆ

The Most Hated Man On the Internet

Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey

Hot Girls Wanted

Anything related to the Fyre Festival.

Dirty Money

Do like a good documentary.
The bbc life on earth and those that followed. Out of this world film making and Mr Attenborough voice over.
Cosmos back in the day Carl sagan just brilliant. More recently supersize me 1 and 2 . Also those about the 2008 global meltdown. Tho I also like a good dose of true crime
If it is well made and not sensationalist the most anything.

I feel like I should like documentaries more than I do. If I happen to catch one on tv, I can get sucked in, but generally donโ€™t seek them out. The orgasm one sounds interesting though ๐Ÿ˜‚ I also want to eventually watch the LuLaRoe documentary.
That one was wild too! It's crazy the things certain people get away with ๐Ÿ‘€
I love documentaries. Especially music. This is probably the best one ever made. Complete fucking chaos! You can find for free on Youtube.

I love music documentaries too. Wish there were more about Latino bands. Netflix has one "Break It All" about the history of rock in Latin America. It's pretty good overall.

Google released a good technically a mini-series but if you watch it in one go it's a documentary called HACKING GOOGLE. Highly recommend.

I also got a lot of guilty pleasure from all the Theranos documentaries

Google released a good technically a mini-series but if you watch it in one go it's a documentary called HACKING GOOGLE. Highly recommend.

I also got a lot of guilty pleasure from all the Theranos documentaries
Sounds interesting. If i remember I'll check it out ๐Ÿ˜‚

Another stunning show was the first two-part episode ever by Nova. It had a number of distinctions. It was a two-part, back-to-back episode. That was because it was literally requested by scientists around the globe. There had been recent discoveries that were so profound and illuminating that - also for the first time ever on Nova - there wasn't even a scientific paper written so the facts could be checked first. They literally rushed the show onto the air.

Amazing stuff... normally carbon dating can get researchers to within +/- 10,000 years when looking at dinosaurs. This time, they literally found evidence that was scientifically proven to be within 43 minutes of when the asteroid hit the Yucatan and killed off the dinosaurs...

Dinosaur Apocalypse: The New Evidence​

Dinosaur Apocalypse: The Last Day​

I'm currently watching The Cuba Libre Story on Netflix. I really didn't know a lot of the history of Cuba (I knew some) and it's fascinating.

Back