LeBron James opts out of final yr on hs contract, $21.5 million per yr, not enough

I think the Lakers will offer Love more than 100 million to sign with them, by the way. It will be tempting. I'm sure Love is thinking he can make that kind of money and play with Kobe Bryant, or he can stay in Cleveland and play with LeBron James. What to do? What to do? :confused:

It depends on his ego, Kobe is getting up there and Love can be a "name" there and take a lot of shots, in Cleveland its all about James, everyone else is only good because of him(perception not reality) so that could be a factor.

It depends on his ego, Kobe is getting up there and Love can be a "name" there and take a lot of shots, in Cleveland its all about James, everyone else is only good because of him(perception not reality) so that could be a factor.

I think the "huddle" with LeBron in Los Angeles was just what Love needed to get him to sign with Cleveland again. A sign he is wanted and appreciated. Also a reminder he, LeBron, Irving, and the rest can make it to the finals again next year and win a ring if they all stay healthy. Love has every reason to stay now, not even counting the 110 million he can make there if he signs long term. He will be a Cav next season, for sure.

Just hopped on to say... Was watching Cleveland TV station, & top story on their 5:00 news is Love is staying. He posted to the "players' tribune" (believe is what they said) that sitting out game w/injury showed him how much he wanted to be out there & loved the work & camaraderie with his teammates.

Same channel saying he was supposed to meet with Lakers later in week (this Laker fan wouldn't want him or Lebron), but that "never came to fruition".

It also reports his statement to tribune caused site to crash. Quoted in part as saying he "is staying in Cleveland. Yes, I have heard all the rumors, but" since it was himself hearing them, knew they were utter crap.

Just hopped on to say... Was watching Cleveland TV station, & top story on their 5:00 news is Love is staying. He posted to the "players' tribune" (believe is what they said) that sitting out game w/injury showed him how much he wanted to be out there & loved the work & camaraderie with his teammates.

Same channel saying he was supposed to meet with Lakers later in week (this Laker fan wouldn't want him or Lebron), but that "never came to fruition".

It also reports his statement to tribune caused site to crash. Quoted in part as saying he "is staying in Cleveland. Yes, I have heard all the rumors, but" since it was himself hearing them, knew they were utter crap.

I knew it. And Love won't admit it, but the huddle with Lebron also had a lot to do with it, I'm sure. That's why he didn't go ahead and meet with the Lakers, as scheduled. That got headed off at the pass.

I see Love decided to go long term and got 110 million for five years. Apparently the Cavs think he can play.

I see Love decided to go long term and got 110 million for five years. Apparently the Cavs think he can play.

Yeah, but they thought Lebron could, were proven wrong, & stupidly brought him back when they'd lost the dead weight (that literally went South by choice).

I'll bite, how were they proven wrong?

I might as well type in Mandarin or some old language, as your eyes clearly weren't working his first go-round in the Q, when he was proven to be far more of a loser than just the Finals.

That's what Love meant when announcing he'd re-sign: Watching the team during the game he sat out proves they need him & the other talented guys on the team.

Back