Just a question....

Oh man, I did promise that guy above that I'd restrain myself and now you're giving me an excuse to babble. Like I know the Bronx portion of that closed in April, 1973. Stop me from posting a video of it! I've already hijacked too many threads in my time here.
It's my thread so I say hijack away

I think the premise of the argument is a bit off... there are actual billionaires, but no vampires, fairy lords, or alien seducers.

Oh man, I did promise that guy above that I'd restrain myself and now you're giving me an excuse to babble. Like I know the Bronx portion of that closed in April, 1973. Stop me from posting a video of it! I've already hijacked too many threads in my time here.
Yup, right down Webster Avenue. The street lit up after removing that. :)
EDIT: DOWN NOT DONE.

Hey, there is a fetish for everything... You know better!!!
Sort of. New York couldn't exist without transit. But if everyone in this town gave up - say water sports, as an example, or bondage - the place would go on much as before I guess.

Time to sign up for the premium membership for Trainhub.

Sort of. New York couldn't exist without transit. But if everyone in this town gave up - say water sports, as an example, or bondage - the place would go on much as before I guess.
Agree, society would not collapse.

Its another form or rules are made to be broken.

Tell me not to touch something and damn straight my fingers are making their way over to it.
What have we told you about those wandering fingers of yours....

So you've seen pictures of my ex-wife?
I actually get along pretty well with my ex-wife, but it took 27 years of not being with her to get to that point. Yesterday I called her for some medical advice, and we spent at least thirty minutes on that.

Yup, right down Webster Avenue. The street lit up after removing that. :)
EDIT: DOWN NOT DONE.
It used to go all the way to South Ferry. You see what I mean? I feel like Dr. Stangelove biting his own hand. Not that I'd be saluting the Fuehrer, but I'd be saying things like "In 1950, it was cut back to Chatham Square, then in 1955 . . ." :rolleyes:

Hello gorgeous!!! ❤️
Since lovecraft refereed to Fifty Shades, I do have - a reimagining? - of it on here in which Anastasia turns the tables on Christian and uses his own toys on him - and he likes it! I'm not sure if that is your kind of thing. I moved it to New York because Seattle or wherever is just too complicated for me. Also, she's bisexual and has a girlfriend that he didn't know about.

A little too much pressure on him to run everything, I think . . .

If you look at mainstream romance publishing there is a massive proliferation of books with 'billionaire' in the title, such as "Beauty and the Billionaire" "The Billionaires Baby" and countless others.

My musing is are our financial outlooks so bad that millionaires just don't make the cut anymore? They're a cheap thrill, dime a dozen.

According to Forbes, there are currently 2,781 billionaires around the world. That isn't remotely enough to cover all the romance books out there featuring them.

The Regency romance equivalent is dukes. I think they're popular because it's the highest rank that still offers a lot of flexibility in the story; you can squeeze a fictional duke into a historical setting but fictional princes are more likely to take it into the realm of alt-history.

Somebody did a survey of historical dukes and concluded that in real life there were only five British dukes in that period who were plausibly eligible. But romance is verminous with them.

I did a rant a while back about the popularity of SEALs in romance - again, probably more SEALs as romantic leads in books than have ever existed IRL.

The Regency romance equivalent is dukes. I think they're popular because it's the highest rank that still offers a lot of flexibility in the story; you can squeeze a fictional duke into a historical setting but fictional princes are more likely to take it into the realm of alt-history.

Somebody did a survey of historical dukes and concluded that in real life there were only five British dukes in that period who were plausibly eligible. But romance is verminous with them.

I did a rant a while back about the popularity of SEALs in romance - again, probably more SEALs as romantic leads in books than have ever existed IRL.
So the takeaway is, in order to be a romantic male lead, you need fabulous wealth or an expertise at deadly violence. Now to just sit back and wait for the Duke of SEAL, who combines both!

Back