ENF, RNF, or Exhibitionism within CMNF?

Here's a 3 part series of a CMNF or ENF type of story. It's like what I had suggested about a wife taking on a " life art model " job that her husband coerced into doing. She's a closet exhibitionist so she figured why not try for shits and giggles so to speak?!

My wife is exactly the same way since she'd never admit to becoming aroused when she's accidentally exposed herself but I know that's exactly how she felt. I plan on showing her this story to read and prove her thoughts about her doing something like it in the future?! Enjoy.

https://www.literotica.com/s/wife-as-a-life-model

a woman with exhibitionist tendencies who finds herself forced to display herself

She ends up thinking she's going for an audition, but is actually going for her first day, as the only applicant, for a low-budget comedy/horror movie in which she's the female lead, and her part is more than 50% nude scenes.

paint her as reluctant at first, and then make her a willing participant, suggesting new and exciting ways her character could lose her clothes

a story where the female had gone to a " modeling art job " where she posed for an art class not aware it was for actually for nude poses??

someone who deliberately accepts a situation with risk because she wants to see if she likes it, and/or to be "forced" or pressured to do what she knows she wants to do but doesn't have the courage to take the initiative. A dare or bet or game often fits this.

A woman who loses her clothes in public as a result of an accident, as opposed to through the action of a man. I wrote a story about where a woman went skinny dipping in a river on a run, and her clothes fell in the river, and she had to find a way to get home naked. She was "forced" to be naked to get home

I write a story about a woman who bought a "bikini with a mind of its own" that kept falling off her and exposing her.

If she acts as a result of a challenge or dare, it's not nonconsensual, even if part of her is saying, "I really shouldn't do this."

Another angle could be that the protagonist signed the contract and missed the nudity clause (perhaps buried in legalese) and finds herself legally obligated to film the (perhaps VERY explicit) nude scenes.

a wife taking on a " life art model " job that her husband coerced into doing. She's a closet exhibitionist so she figured why not try for shits and giggles so to speak?!

I'm not going to say that one can't write any of these premises well, but these (and basically the entire ENF genre) is lame contrived excuses to get a girl's clothes off for weak guys who don't know how to get a girl's clothes off. The entire concept is one huge eyeroll really.

The only problem with this, at least for some authors/readers, like me, is that if you write the character as bold and unconflicted, it may lack eroticism.

Again, (while I suppose that this specific genre may have a bit different nuance) the most popular character and dynamic (by far) on all of lit is the confident aggressive woman who needs zero prompting to jump a guy and make his dreams come true. And oh look, even the ENF fan OP confirms this:

a quiet, shy guy who is inexperienced and suddenly confronted with this brazen, confident naked woman.

There ya go!

I'm not going to say that one can't write any of these premises well, but these (and basically the entire ENF genre) is lame contrived excuses to get a girl's clothes off for weak guys who don't know how to get a girl's clothes off. The entire concept is one huge eyeroll really.

Again, (while I suppose that this specific genre may have a bit different nuance) the most popular character and dynamic (by far) on all of lit is the confident aggressive woman who needs zero prompting to jump a guy and make his dreams come true. And oh look, even the ENF fan OP confirms this:

There ya go!
Go on then, show us what to do. Shed your light on us poor hacks, and tell us what to write instead.

these (and basically the entire ENF genre) is lame contrived excuses to get a girl's clothes off for weak guys who don't know how to get a girl's clothes off.
I'm trying to wrap my head around how shallow the premises underlying that statement must be. And hoping I'm missing one that's not.
the confident aggressive woman who needs zero prompting to jump a guy
There ya go. Because every Exhibitionist and ENF story is about a guy getting "jumped", and definitely not about characters' internal conflicts and overcoming them.

EDIT: Oh, wait, here's one. And Then There were Five

It's a big kink for many female readers too. Maybe more so.

I highly doubt that, but even so it's irrelevant.
I hope you're okay, @pink_silk_glove. Coming onto the Author's forum on Literotica in order to kink-shame feels like either an outlet for some pretty serious pain, or possibly something more troubling. Literotica supports and welcomes erotic stories in many different genres, and if one of those isn't to your taste, then it's not for you, and you needn't read it or engage with it. Please don't attack with negativity and anger, and please find help if you need it.

I hope you're okay, @pink_silk_glove. Coming onto the Author's forum on Literotica in order to kink-shame feels like either an outlet for some pretty serious pain, or possibly something more troubling. Literotica supports and welcomes erotic stories in many different genres, and if one of those isn't to your taste, then it's not for you, and you needn't read it or engage with it. Please don't attack with negativity and anger, and please find help if you need it.

I did not attack anything. I never kink shame. I commented on this kink as a device for plot.

I did not attack anything. I never kink shame. I commented on this kink as a device for plot.
I took your statement "... these (and basically the entire ENF genre) is lame contrived excuses to get a girl's clothes off for weak guys who don't know how to get a girl's clothes off. The entire concept is one huge eyeroll really" to be disparaging to the ENF kink, which would be, in my mind, kink shaming. You've told me that you don't respect me for thinking of this plot, for enjoying this kink, and that you look down upon anyone who does. There are more constructive and positive ways to get your message across.

Please be mindful of your comments and how they contribute to the discussion at hand, and how they will be perceived.

I took your statement "... these (and basically the entire ENF genre) is lame contrived excuses to get a girl's clothes off for weak guys who don't know how to get a girl's clothes off. The entire concept is one huge eyeroll really" to be disparaging to the ENF kink, which would be, in my mind, kink shaming. You've told me that you don't respect me for thinking of this plot, for enjoying this kink, and that you look down upon anyone who does. There are more constructive and positive ways to get your message across.

Please be mindful of your comments and how they contribute to the discussion at hand, and how they will be perceived.

I'm not here to tiptoe around your feelings. You look after your own feelings. I'm talking about plot and how for the most part this kink is simply a plot device. I've already stated TWICE that it can be done well but you don't want to hear that for whatever reason. Instead you have chosen to believe that someone disrespects your kink (your words). I'm not entirely sure why and I don't really care but usually in cases like this it's because someone is ashamed of either their own kink, their own weak plot or some combination, and rather than admit that, they lash out at the messenger of the truth.

Pick your fave famous author. Do you think he is so staggeringly successful because he cries over (perceived, not even actual) criticism of his work. You're a writer. Get thicker skin. Deal with it.

I'm talking about plot and how for the most part this kink is simply a plot device.
This is a fictional story site. Of course it's a plot device, that's the entire point.

I've already stated TWICE that it can be done well but you don't want to hear that
You stated it dismissively, in the very same sentence where you went on to condemn, quote, "basically the entire ENF genre" as "lame, contrived excuses for weak men"

Then you doubled down and attributed the pushback to shame.

Are you really unsure why it was taken the way it has been?

The only problem with this, at least for some authors/readers, like me, is that if you write the character as bold and unconflicted, it may lack eroticism.

A story about a woman who goes to a nudist resort, and who goes to nudist resorts all the time, is not erotic. If being nude is just a normal, every day thing, it's not exhibitionism or voyeurism. For me, it's not erotic. It's erotic when it's breaking or pushing boundaries, and the MOST interesting boundaries to push or break are those that lie inside us, the ones that create inner conflicts.

A story of this sort may, possibly, be erotic if the reader enjoys a vicarious thrill of following a character who is bolder than the reader is. But I think in general the vicarious thrill is more thrilling if the reader can share the character's inner conflict.

Not everybody feels the way I do, so I'm not claiming that this view is universal or authoritative. But I know it is very common.
I’ve written myself in a corner with my CMNF series. Originally the main character was a scientist who only went naked to observe an alien culture. (The erotic part was her gradual discovery that despite her shame, she liked being looked at.) But now 8 chapters in she’s accepted that she’s an exhibitionist, and I don’t know where else to take it. Without the frisson of shame and transgression, there no eroticism.

I didn't take it as kink shaming at first, but I think I was wrong not to. Because, as I pointed out in my first response to it, it makes no sense at all as literary critcism.

I’ve written myself in a corner with my CMNF series. Originally the main character was a scientist who only went naked to observe an alien culture. (The erotic part was her gradual discovery that despite her shame, she liked being looked at.) But now 8 chapters in she’s accepted that she’s an exhibitionist, and I don’t know where else to take it. Without the frisson of shame and transgression, there no eroticism.
My first thought is that the next place to go is to have her confront the idea of someone knowing about it who she would be very uncomforrable revealing it to. Family, boss, someone she looks up to, someone who might offer a job opportunity or take one away, or even a new guy/girl she likes. Something that makes her have to make hard decisions about what she really values.

It might be tough to work erotic frisson onto that, but it can be done. Like, in a moment of frustration, she chooses an exceptionally demonstative way to own it before the people she was ashamed of it with.

This is an issue with many series based on exhibitionism. Once the main character has become accustomed to being naked in public, the thrill isn't the same. It's not just you. I've read many exhibitionist series and after a while they run out of gas. The authors don't seem to know when to end them.

My first thought is that the next place to go is to have her confront the idea of someone knowing about it who she would be very uncomforrable revealing it to. Family, boss, someone she looks up to, someone who might offer a job opportunity or take one away, or even a new guy/girl she likes. Something that makes her have to make hard decisions about what she really values.

It might be tough to work erotic frisson onto that, but it can be done. Like, in a moment of frustration, she chooses an exceptionally demonstative way to own it before the people she was ashamed of it with.
She’s an officer on a spaceship. She’s already hiding what she’s doing from her superiors, and in the last chapter, she accidentally wound up having public sex in front of some of her crewmates. I really feel like I’m up against the wall here … .

She’s an officer on a spaceship. She’s already hiding what she’s doing from her superiors, and in the last chapter, she accidentally wound up having public sex in front of some of her crewmates. I really feel like I’m up against the wall here … .
While I'm not exactly making any suggestions, I can tell you few routes I thought you might have been leading up to.

On one hand, I thought Jane might have been building to the point where she decided to go completely native and essentially jump ship, resign her commission to become a fem, and the captain would test her conviction by making her strip on the bridge or whatever and do a walk of shame through the entire ship. The experience would either fire her lust and she stays behind when the ship leaves, or it cools her ardor and she's left trying to reclaim her dignity but at least has a lot of insight for a book on the culture or whatever when they get back to Earth.

On the other hand, I thought it might be building to a reveal that something about the planet's atmosphere, biosphere, etc. was 'infecting' them, and they'd either spread it to the rest of the ship (or other planets) or else find a 'cure' that was at least partially effective, but even afterwards the experience had left them with indelible marks and they try to 'recapture' the thrill in various ways onboard or back at home. Or even without a pseudoscientific angle, she simply loves it so much she and/or Gita try to start a movement to create a similar subculture on Earth and face resistance.

For a little while I thought Jane might try to live among the feral fems to try to understand them more, which might have led to her trying to 'civilize' them in some way, to make the native female population more than mere animals but still less than equals. Or else she'd have just loved the freedom so much that she wound up as an alpha fem of a feral pack, however it is they determined their social order.

Regardless, I hope you eventually figure out an angle for a conclusion you feel is satisfying!

While I'm not exactly making any suggestions, I can tell you few routes I thought you might have been leading up to.

On one hand, I thought Jane might have been building to the point where she decided to go completely native and essentially jump ship, resign her commission to become a fem, and the captain would test her conviction by making her strip on the bridge or whatever and do a walk of shame through the entire ship. The experience would either fire her lust and she stays behind when the ship leaves, or it cools her ardor and she's left trying to reclaim her dignity but at least has a lot of insight for a book on the culture or whatever when they get back to Earth.

On the other hand, I thought it might be building to a reveal that something about the planet's atmosphere, biosphere, etc. was 'infecting' them, and they'd either spread it to the rest of the ship (or other planets) or else find a 'cure' that was at least partially effective, but even afterwards the experience had left them with indelible marks and they try to 'recapture' the thrill in various ways onboard or back at home. Or even without a pseudoscientific angle, she simply loves it so much she and/or Gita try to start a movement to create a similar subculture on Earth and face resistance.

For a little while I thought Jane might try to live among the feral fems to try to understand them more, which might have led to her trying to 'civilize' them in some way, to make the native female population more than mere animals but still less than equals. Or else she'd have just loved the freedom so much that she wound up as an alpha fem of a feral pack, however it is they determined their social order.

Regardless, I hope you eventually figure out an angle for a conclusion you feel is satisfying!
Interesting. For a long time I’ve avoided writing about the fems, because I felt sorry for them. Their lives are so stunted it’s kind of horrific.

But … what if the fems actually have a secret parallel women-only civilization they carefully hide from the men! Like if house cats are just manipulating us into taking care of them, but when we’re not around they have deep philosophical conversations.

That might be a version of Jane’s life among the fems that would be fun and sexy!

Interesting. For a long time I’ve avoided writing about the fems, because I felt sorry for them. Their lives are so stunted it’s kind of horrific.

But … what if the fems actually have a secret parallel women-only civilization they carefully hide from the men! Like if house cats are just manipulating us into taking care of them, but when we’re not around they have deep philosophical conversations.

That might be a version of Jane’s life among the fems that would be fun and sexy!
Makes me think of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where the mice are the ones experimenting on the scientists by running through mazes for them.
I remember wondering what happened to the feral fems if they got pregnant but the baby was male. A hidden civilization would be a tidy answer to that mystery.

Sounds like string theory.

Or maybe 'thong theory.'

Back