ENF, RNF, or Exhibitionism within CMNF?

I'm drafting a story, and it's falling within the CMNF (Clothed Male, Naked Female) genre, but I'm at odds with myself on how to treat the female MC. I feel like ENF (Embarrassed Naked Female) is a little heavy-handed, in that it normally has an element of non-consent to it. RNF (Reluctant Naked Female) is less so, as there is usually a moment in which she decides to do whatever she's doing, but is still reluctant. Exhibitionism gets rid of all of that, but might take away some of the tension in the scenes, leading them to be a little more bland, or at least harder to write.

I'm appealing to the CMNF community, because ultimately it's about the readers. Is there a preference out there?

late to the party and probably so many comments have answered your questions.

Do ill just talk about my personal experiences writing it.

I write a lot for the E/V category, and find the readers there both open minded and forgiving when it comes to character nudity and how we the authors get there

In my long running series The Jenna Arrangement, I had a ton of Clothed Female Naked Male stuff, but had been wanting to flip that script for some time.

But, much like you, I wanted to do it in a way that didn't humiliate or violate my female character.

Instead, I had her CHOOSE to walk around naked in front of the male character. They were alone, just the two of them, not in public. So not completely outrageous.

But although they'd fooled around a lot, they hadn't gone all the way yet. And so for Jenna her decision to walk around Tom's apartment casually nude was a big leap in her character development showing her growing trust in him.

It was one of the funnest stories I've written.

I get the appeal of the Embarrassed Nude Female. But I find less appeal in Non Con. Accidental nudity not forced upon her can be fun to explore. Another of my more popular stories (Accidental Nudes) involved what happened after a secretary accidentally sent nudes meant for her boyfriend to her boss.

There's plenty of ways to write these themes without making it about non consent or abject character humiliation. Although there's an audience for those stories too, obviously.

In the end, write what's best for the story.

I write a lot for the E/V category, and find the readers there both open minded and forgiving when it comes to character nudity and how we the authors get there

I have always found this to be true about the E/V category. It's one of the more open-minded reader groups, and many things will fly there. If I have a story that blends E/V elements with elements from another category, I might publish it in E/V because its readers seem more tolerant of non-category elements than is true of other categories.

Back