Colorado Supreme Court removes Trump from 2024 ballot

Good news for those who are disappointed with the 9-0 SCOTUS decision. Raskin to the rescue! 😂

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/03/...-resume-disqualification-efforts-in-congress/
Actually, I missed the 5-4 decision (second part). Congress actually needs to enforce the provision. ... So Raskin is actually looking to establish that part.

I completely disagree with the additional ruling that was never said to be a part of the decision. Either Colorado can invoke the 14th or it can't. Saying Congress is required to act in order to enforce it isn't in the text... I agree with the dissent here.

Last edited:
Good news for those who are disappointed with the 9-0 SCOTUS decision. Raskin to the rescue! 😂

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/03/...-resume-disqualification-efforts-in-congress/
^
(Quoted for posterity and stupidity).

BabyBoobs laughs at a decent, intelligent individual pursuing the only possible recourse left for preventing ACTUAL FUCKING TRAITORS from potentially assuming control of government.

😑

Raskin’s efforts will obviously fail, and, if you believe BabyBoobs’ "polls", the corrupt orange traitor and the cabal will seize control of government.

That will be the mad dog catching the car, and things will likely get very "interesting".

🤔

🔥

The MAGAts were willing to "burn it all down" over losing the freest and fairest election in U.S. history???

Let’s see what happens when the corrupt orange traitor and the cabal wins an election that is marred by new voting restrictions and election laws enacted by MAGAt legislatures in various states, and then attempts to follows through on the planned "Project 2025" fascist purge.

🤔

🔥

The argument that denying the people the democratic process of voting for Trump by removing him from the ballot is ironic given that this is exactly what he carefully planned & attempted to do after Biden won the Presidential election - he attempted to override the democratic decision of the people.

It really is incredible that such an argument can be made in all seriousness!!

And the fear of a revolt in the country by disbarring Trump from the ballot is supposed to be avoided by allowing a vote and if he is elected President refusing to seat him - yes, this will be a very polite and balanced acceptance by his rabid cult followers - what fun this will be!

What I find "interesting" in the SC ruling on the Colorado case, is that it says the 14th Amendment disqualification requirements should be applied by congressional action, when the amendment itself quite clearly states that disqualification happens in this case unless Congress takes action. The SC has taken it upon itself to totally rewrite the 14th Amendment, I think.

I don't mind at all that it found that a decision by any one state can't override in a federal election. All along I thought this decision would fall on that point and on the point of being premature on fingering Trump as an insurrectionist. He is, we all know, that just hasn't been settled in any court of law yet. I've just enjoyed how it all has been twisting Trump's knickers--and it clearly has. He's not having a happy year.

^
(Quoted for posterity and stupidity).

BabyBoobs laughs at a decent, intelligent individual pursuing the only possible recourse left for preventing ACTUAL FUCKING TRAITORS from potentially assuming control of government.

😑

Raskin’s efforts will obviously fail, and, if you believe BabyBoobs’ "polls", the corrupt orange traitor and the cabal will seize control of government.

That will be the mad dog catching the car, and things will likely get very "interesting".

🤔

🔥

The MAGAts were willing to "burn it all down" over losing the freest and fairest election in U.S. history???

Let’s see what happens when the corrupt orange traitor and the cabal wins an election that is marred by new voting restrictions and election laws enacted by MAGAt legislatures in various states, and then attempts to follows through on the planned "Project 2025" fascist purge.

🤔

🔥
BabyBoobs is happy to let Raskin chase his tail. 😂

The argument that denying the people the democratic process of voting for Trump by removing him from the ballot is ironic given that this is exactly what he carefully planned & attempted to do after Biden won the Presidential election - he attempted to override the democratic decision of the people.

It really is incredible that such an argument can be made in all seriousness!!

And the fear of a revolt in the country by disbarring Trump from the ballot is supposed to be avoided by allowing a vote and if he is elected President refusing to seat him - yes, this will be a very polite and balanced acceptance by his rabid cult followers - what fun this will be!

You touched on a key point: "Fear".

Everybody is supposed to be cowed down by the threat of a violent MAGAt tantrum if things don’t ALWAYS go their way: whether it be obstructionism to a traitorous degree in the case of when President Obama was elected, or the conspiring to / violent insurrection when President Biden was elected. (and also traitorous obstruction)

FUCK THAT!!!

If the game is to be as legislatively and physically intimidating and destructive to achieve dominance over the country, then let’s have at it.

🔥

🇺🇸

BabyBoobs is happy to let Raskin chase his tail. 😂
^
(Quoted for posterity and stupidity)

BabyBoobs fails to realize that Raskin is the least of their worries.

Low education "tourists" with NO legitimate grievance can do a lot of damage.

Highly intelligent "tourists" with overwhelmingly legitimate grievances may show them how it’s done.

🔥

🇺🇸

Last edited:
Actually, I missed the 5-4 decision (second part). Congress actually needs to enforce the provision. ... So Raskin is actually looking to establish that part.

I completely disagree with the additional ruling that was never said to be a part of the decision. Either Colorado can invoke the 14th or it can't. Saying Congress is required to act in order to enforce it isn't in the text... I agree with the dissent here.
Amazing how those "strict constructionists" quickly morphed into "living breathing document" adherents when it suited their desired political outcome!

I'm
Amazing how those "strict constructionists" quickly morphed into "living breathing document" adherents when it suited their desired political outcome!
That part is puzzling to me. Seems pretty cut and dry and their reasoning for even adding the decision is even more puzzling.

It isn't, of course, the voters any true American should be worried about. Trump can't win with the voters. It's the skewed Electoral College true Americans need to be worried about.

It isn't, of course, the voters any true American should be worried about. Trump can't win with the voters. It's the skewed Electoral College true Americans need to be worried about.
Yes, it's completely undemocratic not to allow a completely undemocratic, broken voting system decide the next president.

Let those who proclaim they want democracy to abide by the popular vote instead of the skewed Electoral College, gerrymandered districts, voter suppression & all the other mechanisms designed to restrict democracy.

In that case, it would be bye, bye GOP so instead they continue to try to skew the system as much as possible

I wonder when Trump goes completely gaga, do-lally - more of a gibbering fool than he currently is, will he be disqualified from running or serving or will it be covered up like it was with Reagan?

Back