Calling all Asians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm reminded that I haven't had kimchi in a while. I guess I should remedy that soon!

They sell it at the regular grocery stores now. It's always better if you have an Asian market and someone local makes it, or you can go online. There are a few Korean videos making authentic kimchi.

Seems like I'm the lucky one who gets to buy fresh kimchi anytime I want. :)

Love the Pacific Rim...Thanks to the Army I have been around it a few times...Okinawa would be my home away from home...I love to cook Asian style, not fond of Korean Kimpop (like sushi,but not sweet)...Love some fresh Kimchi and sticky rice.

Love the Pacific Rim...Thanks to the Army I have been around it a few times...Okinawa would be my home away from home...I love to cook Asian style, not fond of Korean Kimpop (like sushi,but not sweet)...Love some fresh Kimchi and sticky rice.

I don't eat sushi but if it's sweet I wouldn't like it. Seaweed and something sweet wrapped inside...ick.

Sticky rice always makes me laugh, but it really depends on your perspective I guess. To me it's just rice since that is what I have always had. If I made minute rice, I would call it minute rice, not just rice. Rice pilaf I like, but that is a side dish. I've made brown rice twice and it's either mushy or dry.

I'll stick with rice, lol.

Seems like I'm the lucky one who gets to buy fresh kimchi anytime I want. :)

Hi Rossie!

I didn't go to the asian market this week to buy any but I do have napa cabbage. I just need to be make it!

I don't eat sushi but if it's sweet I wouldn't like it. Seaweed and something sweet wrapped inside...ick.

Sticky rice always makes me laugh, but it really depends on your perspective I guess. To me it's just rice since that is what I have always had. If I made minute rice, I would call it minute rice, not just rice. Rice pilaf I like, but that is a side dish. I've made brown rice twice and it's either mushy or dry.

I'll stick with rice, lol.

Hi IP! :)

He probably meant short grain or Calrose rice.

Hi Rossie!

I didn't go to the asian market this week to buy any but I do have napa cabbage. I just need to be make it![/QUOTE]

Hi IP! :)

He probably meant short grain or Calrose rice.

Hi Rossie!

I didn't go to the asian market this week to buy any but I do have napa cabbage. I just need to be make it!
[/QUOTE]

I know, that's why I think it's funny. If I asked my mom if she wanted sticky rice she would probably say no, she just wants rice.

I don't know why this topic is making me giggle.

I know, that's why I think it's funny. If I asked my mom if she wanted sticky rice she would probably say no, she just wants rice.

I don't know why this topic is making me giggle.[/QUOTE]

Well ... some Asians prefer long grain jasmine rice and they're not sticky at all. :)

Logging out, night!

I don't know why this topic is making me giggle.

Well ... some Asians prefer long grain jasmine rice and they're not sticky at all. :)

Logging out, night![/QUOTE]

My mom has had jasmine rice before. Since he was talking about kimchi, rice and Korean food, I assumed he meant rice Koreans eat :)

Have a good night! Enjoy our one extra hour!!!

I only eat sticky rice if it's steamed in a leaf the dim sum style, or thai style with mango and coconut. Tasty!

I only eat sticky rice if it's steamed in a leaf the dim sum style, or thai style with mango and coconut. Tasty!

What about this stir-fried sticky rice (生炒糯米飯)? :)

%E8%87%98%E5%91%B3%E7%94%9F%E7%82%92%E7%B3%AF%E7%B1%B3%E9%A3%AF%20Fried%20Glutinous%20Rice01.jpg

To alleviate server load, we're slowly closing down any threads with over 5,000 posts. You are free to continue this topic as a new thread. Should you do so, please PM me with a link to both the old and new threads, and I will place a link in this post so that others who follow this thread will be able to find the new one.

As annoying as this may be, phasing out all or most of the active super-long/never-ending threads will increase the forum speed substantially. If you see a thread that's active with more than 5,000 posts, please feel free to PM me with the link.

Please note that these threads are not being removed - just closed to new posts.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding! :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back