Belly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscuridad said:
For me it is as much an attraction to concept and process as visual shows.

Thanks, I think that one line explained sufficiently what I'd already expected.

I'm trying to think of a male equivalent, but I can't. It's more than the penis, it's what the penis represents... or something like that. I'll have to give it more thought.

McKenna said:
Thanks, I think that one line explained sufficiently what I'd already expected.

I'm trying to think of a male equivalent, but I can't. It's more than the penis, it's what the penis represents... or something like that. I'll have to give it more thought.
I would liken it unto examples from cultures past. Isis and Osiris, that sort of thing. There is something as atavistically male as childbirth is atavistically female.

It's harder (haha) to pin down as it's never explicit in any form but genitalia. It has to do with potential energies and the power to destroy. Never mind all this man as the hunter nonsense. In the sense of the sexual process, the male loses it's purpose at the moment it has fulfilled it.

It has been theorized that this is the reason why it's usually the males that have built up mysteries and structures and rituals. They have no inborn mystery, and so must invent or discover one external to themselves.

Then they get all big-headed (again haha) and name themselves Pope, or some such other thing that involves a silly hat.

Just my opinion.

Oscuridad said:
... In the sense of the sexual process, the male loses it's purpose at the moment it has fulfilled it.

So what happens to the men who cannot, say, impregnate a woman? (Or, conversely, a woman who cannot concieve?) Do they have a position in society?

In that sense, I suppose neither has a purpose, and therefore cannot fulfill it.

Oscuridad said:
It has been theorized that this is the reason why it's usually the males that have built up mysteries and structures and rituals. They have no inborn mystery, and so must invent or discover one external to themselves.

I wonder what ritual and mystery is built up around the infertile?

Excuse my ramblings, I've traversed far from the topic you first introduced in this thread.

McKenna said:
So what happens to the men who cannot, say, impregnate a woman? (Or, conversely, a woman who cannot concieve?) Do they have a position in society?

In that sense, I suppose neither has a purpose, and therefore cannot fulfill it.

I wonder what ritual and mystery is built up around the infertile?

Excuse my ramblings, I've traversed far from the topic you first introduced in this thread.
In todays society, certainly. However in times past such men and women were derided as accursed.

We aren't as defined by our reproduction as we used to be. As we stray further from an agrarian life, the less bite it has. Sex for pleasure would seem to be all the rage. *surveys his surroundings*

You do have a point, in an allegorical sense. What ritual and mystery can be shared by nature's broken machines? It's a fair question. I don't think that a personal inability should necessarily disconnect a person from the wonder of those mysteries that do exist. And for those who find those tiresome or even taxing in the exclusion... Each shall make their own way in their own world.

We aren't all simply reproduction machines.

McKenna said:
I wonder if I can have this tattooed on my ovaries.
I don't think I'd have it inked on my ovaries--but it would make a nice bumper sticker for my car. :)

Oscuridad said:
We aren't as defined by our reproduction as we used to be. As we stray further from an agrarian life, the less bite it has. Sex for pleasure would seem to be all the rage. *surveys his surroundings*

You do have a point, in an allegorical sense. What ritual and mystery can be shared by nature's broken machines? It's a fair question. I don't think that a personal inability should necessarily disconnect a person from the wonder of those mysteries that do exist. And for those who find those tiresome or even taxing in the exclusion... Each shall make their own way in their own world.

We aren't all simply reproduction machines.

Sexuality, freed from the shackles of obligatory breeding, is what makes us specifically human... Sexual relatedness is a great creative force at all levels not merely the procreative...

I blame patriarchy :D

Silverluna said:
I don't think I'd have it inked on my ovaries--but it would make a nice bumper sticker for my car. :)
Guaranteed to rattle the reproductively repressive.

Image said:
Sexuality, freed from the shackles of obligatory breeding, is what makes us specifically human... Sexual relatedness is a great creative force at all levels not merely the procreative...

I blame patriarchy :D
It would be my argument that partiarchy is an outgrowth of invented male mysteries run-amok.

pregnantmom7wb.jpg

I didn't browse the entire thread, so you'll have to forgive me if this has already been posted. LOL

Hooper_X said:
pregnantmom7wb.jpg

I didn't browse the entire thread, so you'll have to forgive me if this has already been posted. LOL
You know, I'm almost certain it hasn't.

If it had, it would have been in the earlier part of the thread before I refined my sources.

If memory serves (and yes I've certainly seen this entire set before, though not the video it was captured from) That's Sahara Sands doing her bit for the lustily gravid.

Thank you hooper.

I would ask why...

But I doubt it matters.

At least she didn't remake my thread for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back