Apparently All Things Aren't Considered...

Those are mostly gone. Most of those people are dead or retired, but what has replaced them is mostly crap.
Media could thrive when we had newspapers and radio. Then we added television, cable news, podcasts, sattelite, and internet. At this point, the money is not there to hire good writers so they are just preaching to the congregation.

The fact is NPR is routinely full of shit.
This is true, but for more than ideological reasons. They like highly emotional stories and those are rarely real. I stopped listening to NPR after their Katrina coverage turned out to be 90% wrong.

The thing that I appreciate about NPR is that they provide source data when referring to it. So I can completely ignore what they are saying and see the content of why they are saying it.

Those media sources that don't provide these sources should be avoided as it demonstrates that they want you to take their word for it rather than allow you to verify your perspective against theirs.

I don't regularly agree fully with most things I listen to or read.

All in all, my favorite media source at the moment is The Dispatch.

You post shit from Gateway Pundit and Brietbart on the regular. They are the shittiest "journalists" in the industry.
Except you can't prove how they are wrong or refute their facts. You libel their sites because you don't like what they report. Typical commie.

Except you can't prove how they are wrong or refute their facts. You libel their sites because you don't like what they report. Typical commie.
Lol, sure I can't

It's telling that those shit media sites rarely post sources to content they write about

The problem is that they do not provide a source always, have lots of commentary, and a very selective in what they include. This leads to reporting that is obviously wrong. Note: this problem is not unique to NPR.

The problem is that they do not provide a source always, have lots of commentary, and a very selective in what they include. This leads to reporting that is obviously wrong. Note: this problem is not unique to NPR.
If they are discussing a poll, or statistic or scientific paper, they provide sources. That is what I meant.

And they do.... Always.

The right wing media sphere does not....the majority of the time.

If they are discussing a poll, or statistic or scientific paper, they provide sources.
If only more of their coverage was this way. I am generally displeased with media and even in science the reproducibility crisis. I think people cherry-pick and spin way too much.

If only more of their coverage was this way. I am generally displeased with media and even in science the reproducibility crisis. I think people cherry-pick and spin way too much.
Scientific understanding is shit in this country. The pandemic has made that incredibly clear.

Trust in authority and in institutions has also fallen to horrible levels. That is not because it's warranted....that is because some people want it to be low.

Trust in authority and in institutions has also fallen to horrible levels.
While definitely there's some manipulation going on, I have to say that the "competence crisis" seems real, like they fired a lot of the smart people during COVID-19 or just afterwards.

I never considered NPR to be a credible news source. Long before I became a frequent radio listener, I read a bit about the Panama invasion. Many liberals ignored the official government accounts and waited for the NPR perspective, which only repeated the government spin. They accepted that as credible and made no objection to the invasion. That article explained the purpose for the invasion: the US was losing ownership of the Panama Canal. It needed that base to continue fighting the drug war in Colombia. Solution: regime change. That was 34 years ago, so no, I don't have a source for that.

You will know them by their "likes".

Anyone else notice who is "liking" "Right"guide’s bullshit posts???

🤔

"desecration" is obviously another dipshit alt trying to play all sides and engage just for the sake of engagement. (While NOT so subtly supporting right wing propaganda / gaslighting efforts)

I.E., another right wing "libertarian" sea lion.

😑

I expect a reply from "desecration" containing the words "both sides" will by forthcoming in short order…

😑

👉 desecration alt 🤣

🇺🇸

Last edited:
It's a fairly basic tenet of political science that people tend to think more ideologically when at least one of the major party nominees for president is an extremist like Trump. To me, that's basically what this article reflects. And his mischaracterization of the Mueller Report gives away his true outlook here.

I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.​

Uri Berliner, a veteran at the public radio institution, says the network lost its way when it started telling listeners how to think.

By Uri Berliner
April 9, 2024

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how-npr-lost-americas-trust

Those on the Left need to read this and stop pretending.
Any news source that latches on to Adam Schiff’s for its reporting is not just left wing but also dishonest. I stopped using NPR as a news source during COVID. One lie after another led me to believe NPR was nothing more than a mouth piece for the democrat party and authoritarian rule. Finally someone came forward and put the cherry on the top and confirmed my suspicions.

I found the election of Tr000mp to be disconcerting, but there was a guilty pleasure in listening to Moroning Edition and Oily Things Considered during drive time to hear the distressed consternation of the reporters. That lasted about 6 weeks, I think.

They're as complicit in what the DON'T report as to what they do.

Which provides a wonderful lesson in how to listen to all MSM. Ask questions as you listen and consider what they don't tell you.

Buhjeebus, then you might actually learn how to think . . . .

Which provides a wonderful lesson in how to listen to all MSM. Ask questions as you listen and consider what they don't tell you.

Buhjeebus, then you might actually learn how to think . . . .
Most liberal left wing media have a tendency to lie by omission. They pick and chose what they want their audience to be subjected to i.e. the invasion at our southern border, they just refused to report on it, or the Hunter Biden laptop.

Most liberal left wing media have a tendency to lie by omission. They pick and chose what they want their audience to be subjected to i.e. the invasion at our southern border, they just refused to report on it, or the Hunter Biden laptop.

I won't hang a wing on any of them. They all suck.

Or maybe they report the truth and it's not what you want to be the truth. Just maybe.

All news media picks and chooses what they report on. This is a dumb statement here.

Lol, sure I can't

It's telling that those shit media sites rarely post sources to content they write about
I get it you prefer to be gaslighted and propagandized, real Americans do not. Your mindset is it if it isn't being talked about on MSNBC it must be bullshit...when MSNBC is all bullshit to start with.

I get it you prefer to be gaslighted and propagandized, real Americans do not. Your mindset is it if it isn't being talked about on MSNBC it must be bullshit...when MSNBC is all bullshit to start with.
You don't get that. I read far more of the sites you frequent than you read of the ones that you claim I frequent.

I don't remember the last time I've visited MSNBC or had any of their content on my phone or TV.

My mindset is that corroboration of information from multiple unaffiliated media sources is the primary important factor to me. Secondary, though similar in importance is that a media source should provide source links to data from statistical and scientific sites that they utilize to the user.

Gateway Pundit and Brietbart are shit at both and therefore I avoid anything they produce unless provided by someone else...such as yourself. Their writers and editors are truly bad at their jobs.

Last edited:
A lil off topic but I did not care to sully RBD's congratulatory thread with this, but...
You showed there that you can be a decent person, if you choose to be (I figured you to be a Russian bot myself). It's clear that you much prefer to fall and spread the lies and propaganda that you are doing here with these broad stoked generalizations. Did it not feel good to not be seen as a crap liar for even a few sentences?

Back