30 in 30 Companion Thread

I am very much enjoying Moochies entrys. Today's sound of s words is sensuous in my mouth.
Keep going... we are all rooting for you!

Thank you, Cas. I am finding it interesting what comes out when I sit to write for these. There is something unique about the challenge of writing daily.

Thank you, Cas. I am finding it interesting what comes out when I sit to write for these. There is something unique about the challenge of writing daily.

Indeed. It is a curious creative discipline. :rose:

Half way through. :D yea!! for you!!!!

Brief minuscule lyric

When did this happen?
Scroll through old thoughts
Looking down the aisles of my mind
Lined with file cabinets
Brimming with catalogued echoes
Images of past
Ideas, words, memories
Rolling past for close scrutiny
Stop wandering for further analysis.

Why am I like this?
Bring forward every description used
Ruminate over particular ones
Attention-seeking,
Mediocre,
Too easy,
Liar,
Fraud.
Meticulously running the gambit
Of each syllable
To find an answer which could explain.

How does this change?
Turning around isn’t an option
If you pull the wings off of a butterfly
It doesn’t turn back into a caterpillar.
Perspective needs to be found
Dig deeper into the words
Or is it on the surface,
Tip of your tongue,
Like it may fall out
Onto the console separating us
To just sit there and be known.
Really known.
Like you know.
Not alluded to.

What would happen?
Allow the words
Letter by letter of each
Adjective,
Preposition,
Punctuation,
Noun,
Verb,
To fly by my eyes and absorb each
Deep inside to keep for later
When I gauge them out
From under the skin
Holding them before you
Dripping in all of me.

I really liked this and you're now 2/3 done.

@Moochienanu I hope that composing #26 Half Asleep and # 27 When you try to sleep helped.

@Moochienanu I hope that composing #26 Half Asleep and # 27 When you try to sleep helped.

Piscator, as someone who has been working overnights for a few years now, I have a bit of a unique perspective on time and sleep. Usually I am awake while the people I care about are asleep, and I sleep the day away while they are enjoying the sunlight. My friends joke that I’m a vampire because they almost never see me when the sun is up and I enjoy the rain over sun. But I digress...

Back to the topics, #26 was about when sometimes playtime falls in the middle of one of our “nights,” (usually His) and we need each other so much, that we will wake from sleep, share wonderful moments together, and then go back to sleep seamlessly, almost like a dream.

#27 is about those times when sleep is elusive and some of the reasons why... it may have been on my mind because of my terrible day’s sleep yesterday when I achieved less than 3 hours of rest, but that’s just a guess... I’m hoping as well as you do, that having written about it now, I can move past and just sleep today away.

Remec...your poem Coastal retreat is wonderful. The words perfect in my mouth and evoking so many memories for me.
Thank you.

Thank you. It was much more work than I thought it was going to be, and I appreciate all of the support I have received throughout. 💜

Congrats from me too. I was barely on line yesterday, and meant to make a post here for you... better late than never. You wrote so many good poems and never once resorted to an American Sentence... something I cannot claim for my last 30:30. :rolleyes:

Keep writing and posting. I hope to see you on all of the challenge threads. :):rose:

Tethered to My Heart

Years pass,
sometimes slowly but
quite often I seem to blink
and another decade has
gone by with nothing
to show except for
the constant
emptiness
deep inside
of me

I misspeak;

It's not an emptiness
because I am
filled with
everything that
you were to me,
or that I thought you were,
and what we were
together,
even when it seems
dark and forboding to
have to live without
you actually here
I merely have to
think and
voilà

It's almost like I never left
(God knows, I wish I hadn't)

:cool:

Thanks for the inspiration, Moochie

I am unashamed to say this made me giddy. :D

Moochie is back at it...:)
makes me want to jump in again too, though i will be in the wilderness and off line for a good part of the next 30 days. better wait until i am within range of posting electronics.

keep going... enjoying your stuff.

the train like rhythm of "ready" was particularly nice. good job Moochie. :rose:

Last edited:
Moochie is back at it...:)
makes me want to jump in again too, though i will be in the wilderness and off line for a good part of the next 30 days. better wait until i am within range of posting electronics.

keep going... enjoying your stuff.

the train like rhythm of "ready" was particularly nice. good job Moochie. :rose:

Sounds heavenly. Enjoy. :rose:

Buttons

Your shirt
Is my challenge,
How quickly can I
Make my thumbs,
Fingers move
From top to bottom,
Slipping carefully
As we kiss.

You get the cuffs
Each time,
Deftly flicking
Fingertips at
Each wrist,
A practiced motion,
Each time
My wandering mind
Is reminded of
When those same fingers
Find another place
So ready to open
For you.

After, when
Arms have found
Sleeves again,
With each done
I become un,
Whimpering pleas
For you to stay.

Lovely, I really have to stop wearing T-shirts

Congrats to Moochienanu for almost single handedly keeping this thread alive

Congrats to Moochienanu for almost single handedly keeping this thread alive

Ha! Thanks, Oh Great Fishy-One 🐠... Once I start, it’s so difficult not to keep up. Nice to have a simple goal in such an uncertain world: “all I have left to do today is write a poem before midnight” often gets said in my house.

Sorry Pervy Sage you have to start again. 30 in 30 means just that, no breaks and starting again when you feel like it :( and why did you jump from 23 to 27?
This is the rule...........
• You may stop and restart the challenge at any time. For example, if you forget on the 17th day to write a poem you can restart at "1" on day 18, which would make it a second attempt of the challenge, being: 2-1 (what a bummer if that does happen).

Last edited:
Oh dear, Pervy Sage has taken a hissy fit :( Others have been caught out before by not reading the rules, but after the initial shock bit the bullet and went round again.

Back