3/4 of my stories were moved from published to rejected.

TheDeepThinker

Experienced
12 of my stories were just moved from "published" to "sent back" with no explanation.
It left 4 of my stories, removing some chapters from some series but not others.
I paid for Grammarly Pro specifically to make sure I caught all grammar errors, and all of my works were written by me and nothing else.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I already sent Manu and Laura a message, but I want to get this figured out ASAP, and I really, really don't want to lose the comments, scores, views and favorites.

Last edited:
Click on each of the sent back submissions. At the top should be a note saying why it has been pulled.

• Literotica is a storytelling community centered on the sharing of human adult fantasies. While we do not have a policy against using tools to help with the writing process (i.e. spellcheck, grammar suggestions, etc.), we do ask that all work published on the site at this time be created primarily by a human. Please see this FAQ for more information: https://literotica.com/faq/publishing/publishing-ai
As I mentioned, I use Grammarly for spellcheck and everything is written by me.

That's a new one. That's got nothing to do with grammar, that's an AI rejection. The mention about spellcheck etc. is an example of allowed tools, and not really the meat of the rejection.

Really hope they aren't using any of the tools that are out right now that are supposed to detect AI writing, because those are coughing up false positives like a hundred cats huddled around a pair of shoes...

If you've got any older, rough drafts or something similar, you might want to present those as evidence via PM to Laurel. Otherwise, I would resubmit everything with a note that there's no AI involved. Previously approved stories that are reapproved maintain all the stats they had, because they're still attached to the story in the database.

This seems to be moving into very murky ground. How easy is it to identify a file as being AI written rather than human written?

I haven't tried to read a story to look for it, but I've picked out a lot in various websites, news stories, forum posts and emails. Typically rambling gibberish and a few keywords randomly repeated 'too many' times.

This seems to be moving into very murky ground. How easy is it to identify a file as being AI written rather than human written?

Well, for literotica, it's probably gonna be a nightmare, and I have absolutely no idea how they want to go about reliably identify something like this. AFAIK, there are only four main problems with its writing capability that allows us to spot AI generated texts without the usage of detection software.

1. Far more A than I
AI can not create anything new. It can only paraphrase what it has previously learned. For example, if you make an AI "read" the Twilight books, and then ask it to write you a vampire story, the main character in the AI's version WILL be called Edward. Consequently, if you let it write a story for you, be prepared to find plots that have been done to exhaustion, filled with overused cliches.

Now, without trying to diss anyone, for submissions on literotica... that doesn't exactly sound unusual, so it's not something you could point your finger at and cry "ChatGPT!!".

2. Repetitive
When humans write a story, they write down a string of thoughts leading the reader from one scene to the next. AI, however, is simply listing off individual text snippets it found and associated with your writing prompt. It will formulate those snippets in a way that there's some flow to it, but the snippets will still remain individual pieces of information meant to stand alone. Consequently, you will find whatever keyword the "author" used in his writing prompt repeated endlessly.

The majority of stories on literotica, though, are submitted by hobby writers who just want to share their masturbation fantasies. So, good luck separating repetitive AI texts from genuine people who are just droning on about having their dicks sucked.

3. Simple language
AI generated text generally avoids the usage of "big words". The sentences are simple and the words are easy to understand.

Sadly, literotica is not exactly known for publishing literary pieces of art, so...

4. Uniformity in tone and style
A human's writing style is usually inconsistent to some degree. Maybe you reached a scene you're particularly into, or you're including a topic you're passionate about, or whatever else, but those instances cause us to speak (and write) differently than before. AI doesn't have that problem. It's style and tone will stay consistent no matter what it "writes" about.

In order to detect something like this, though, you need to have a story that's long enough to switch between actual story development and filler material. Which, again, is not the norm on here.

If they find out I’m actually Vast Silver time traveling through dimensional portals, I’m really going to be in trouble!

Back