What do you like? A or B?

LOL, don't hate me.
A. Kirk

Martini
A. Shaken
B. Stirred

I love Kirk. All those scenes where he's in some alien chick's room, pulling on his super groovy boots... you just knew he had his way with her as the universe is crumbling around them.

Shaken

A. Vintage
B. Modern

B. Like someone who can fix things

A. Guns
B. No guns

A. With a caveat

Only two types of people should have firearms, trained military/police, and people that undergo basic small arms training/education. Most important part of guns isn't the barrel, the firing pin, or even the safety. It's whose holding it.

--pass this one on--

A. With a caveat

Only two types of people should have firearms, trained military/police, and people that undergo basic small arms training/education. Most important part of guns isn't the barrel, the firing pin, or even the safety. It's whose holding it.

--pass this one on--

B.

(Please don't hate me :()

I don't see the purpose in possessing a device that was literally designed with the sole mechanical intention of killing things. Although honestly that's just a bit of an ideological bias for me.

My main issue is that the events in which you would genuinely need to make use of a firearm, e.g the typical line of "There's a serial killer in my house" happen millions of times less frequently than the NRA would have you believe and ultimately, assuming that were to happen to a person and they happened to have the unlikely ability to retrieve their gun and use it effectively, those extremely exceptionally few instances just don't statistically justify the >30,000 preventable deaths due to gun violence and accidents every year that come as a result of the mass ownership of guns.

I think I've worded that badly so here's a summary: If we go through the annual national police records for last year we could probably count on a single hand the instances where somebody possessing a gun resulted in the prevention of their loss of life and limb in a situation where they were in genuine mortal danger. Those instances can't be used honestly as a reason for why we should allow the loss of tens of thousands of lives per year. Even with strict regulation there would still probably be hundreds per year.

I'm all for sports shooting and even recreational shooting since there's an ambiguous and undefined limit as to when the losses in an extreme sport become acceptable, but I don't think people should have free and unrestricted access at any time to their own personal firearm ever unless they're a licensed hunter or something.

B.

I don't see the purpose in possessing a device that was literally designed with the sole mechanical intention of killing things. Although honestly that's just a bit of an ideological bias for me.

My main issue is that the events in which you would genuinely need to make use of a firearm, e.g the typical line of "There's a serial killer in my house" happen millions of times less frequently than the NRA would have you believe and ultimately, assuming that were to happen to a person and they happened to have the unlikely ability to retrieve their gun and use it effectively, those extremely exceptionally few instances just don't statistically justify the >30,000 preventable deaths due to gun violence and accidents every year that come as a result of the mass ownership of guns.

I think I've worded that badly so here's a summary: If we go through the annual national police records for last year we could probably count on a single hand the instances where somebody possessing a gun resulted in the prevention of their loss of life and limb in a situation where they were in genuine mortal danger. Those instances can't be used honestly as a reason for why we should allow the loss of tens of thousands of lives per year. Even with strict regulation there would still probably be hundreds per year.

I'm all for sports shooting and even recreational shooting since there's an ambiguous and undefined limit as to when the losses in an extreme sport become acceptable, but I don't think people should have free and unrestricted access at any time to their own personal firearm ever unless they're a licensed hunter or something.

I certainly don't hate you. :)
Despite your Kirk hatred.

B.

Must. Resist. Urge to. Derail. Topic!

Lol, would never hate someone just because I disagree with them.

Unless we're talking about Dave...

yeah but but but...

Snuggle

or​

Fuck​

(totally totally agree with Elle - derailing is a good thing done with respect and sometimes humor!)

These mutually exclusive choices you linear, clear thinking people insist upon :rolleyes:
;)
:kiss::heart:

I'm trying and trying.

Um.....

Fuck.

( snuggle another time)

( based on today's choices)

I cannot see why it has to be a choice though.

Um ok.....

A gold/ copper/ bronze ( warm metals)
b platinum/ white gold / silver ( cold metals)

titanium, which i guess would be a cold metal

p.s. good selection on the previous choice

p.s.s. thanks for your condolences, elle :rose:

A. potato bread
B. 'regular' bread

titanium, which i guess would be a cold metal

p.s. good selection on the previous choice

p.s.s. thanks for your condolences, elle :rose:

A. potato bread
B. 'regular' bread

hmmm. my brain had to skid to a stop to think about this....

A. potato

A. early riser
B. sleep in

hmmm. my brain had to skid to a stop to think about this....

A. potato

A. early riser
B. sleep in

I seem to live in a dichotomy of either incapability of sleep or permanent exhaustion (Huh, I wonder if they feed into each other in some way?) so I have no idea how to answer.

Pass on and eh;

A. Fruit
B. Vegetables
?

I seem to live in a dichotomy of either incapability of sleep or permanent exhaustion (Huh, I wonder if they feed into each other in some way?) so I have no idea how to answer.

Pass on and eh;

A. Fruit
B. Vegetables
?

A. :nana:

A. Dinner
B. Supper

Back