The New Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cook or eat bacon maybe 5 times a year. It's never occurred to me to do anything else to it than fry it in a pan. I pour the grease out while it cooks, though.

The most bacon I've ever cooked at once is four strips, so I don't think I'd bother warming up the oven for that.

We usually make a pound or more of bacon when we prepare a brunch kind of meal so it makes sense to do it in the oven. I especially like the fact that the bacon comes out as well done as we like, that it's done to a consistent finish, and that it's not all shrunken and turned back on itself when cooked this way.

If we had any bacon in the house, I think I'd enjoy making a BLT tomorrow. Maybe I'll have to go out for that.

We usually make a pound or more of bacon when we prepare a brunch kind of meal so it makes sense to do it in the oven. I especially like the fact that the bacon comes out as well done as we like, that it's done to a consistent finish, and that it's not all shrunken and turned back on itself when cooked this way.

If we had any bacon in the house, I think I'd enjoy making a BLT tomorrow. Maybe I'll have to go out for that.

I cook bacon in a George Foreman grill, that was mentioned earlier. It keeps the bacon flat, drains off the fat and gets it nice and crisp like I like. A lot easier than turning on the oven.

I cook bacon in a George Foreman grill, that was mentioned earlier. It keeps the bacon flat, drains off the fat and gets it nice and crisp like I like. A lot easier than turning on the oven.

Do they make a GF grill that will hold 15 to 18 slices of bacon? I can see trying one once we truly do get an empty nest.

Do they make a GF grill that will hold 15 to 18 slices of bacon? I can see trying one once we truly do get an empty nest.

I haven't checked the latest ones. I've got a fairly large one and it will do 1/2 pound at a time. Doesn't take that long to do 2 batches though.

Likewise, though I use mine mostly for flavoring in something I am making, like Brussels sprouts or potatoes. In which case I want most of the horrid grease... :rolleyes:

Yup, about half the time I use bacon it's just to add another layer of flavor to something. I sometimes like to make tomato soup with bacon and Brussels sprouts often get paired with bacon. It's weird, though. I don't particularly care for Brussels sprouts and I don't particularly care for bacon, but together they are ok. Especially if you add beer. :)

I cook or eat bacon maybe 5 times a year. It's never occurred to me to do anything else to it than fry it in a pan. I pour the grease out while it cooks, though.

The most bacon I've ever cooked at once is four strips, so I don't think I'd bother warming up the oven for that.

I watched Jounar cook bacon and sausage in the oven, but with the oven open. Kind of like frying it in the oven. I thought it was the strangest thing, but I did love watching him cook for me. :eek:

And along those lines, I'm really itching for another trip soon. It's a good thing that he's so practical. I'd have hopped a plane twice this year. *sigh*

Maybe I need to find a new local boy toy.

I wish I could respond to asshat PMs by saying, "I'll be glad to talk to you about whatever you want for the low, low price of $1.99/min." But I'd rather not get kicked off Lit for soliciting. :rolleyes:

I wish I could respond to asshat PMs by saying, "I'll be glad to talk to you about whatever you want for the low, low price of $1.99/min." But I'd rather not get kicked off Lit for soliciting. :rolleyes:

I bet you could tease them into asking for the necessary information. You're very good at that. :rose:

Offer a discount for the code LITSTERASSHAT.

They won't report you.

I'd like to respond to some of the men who answer my personals ad on OKCupid, that I'd be thrilled to indulge their impressive "8 inches with decent girth" or let them "spank my hot little leggy ass*" for a simple fee... but I think that might only encourage them and/or give them the wrong idea...

*WTH? Asses do not have LEGS you idiot. :rolleyes:

Offer a discount for the code LITSTERASSHAT.

They won't report you.

Lovely to see you, DGE. :rose:

I'd like to respond to some of the men who answer my personals ad on OKCupid, that I'd be thrilled to indulge their impressive "8 inches with decent girth" or let them "spank my hot little leggy ass*" for a simple fee... but I think that might only encourage them and/or give them the wrong idea...

*WTH? Asses do not have LEGS you idiot. :rolleyes:

I have abandoned OKCupid. Every time I peek in there I'll get a hand full of responses that are longer than "hi cutie" or "u r so hot" and all of those end up with "so, you want to hang out some time?"

Seriously, what is with all of this "hang out" crap? I have a whole lot more respect for those that just come out and say, "you want to fuck some time?" than this "hang out" pretense.

Thank you, cm. :rose:

Blurt: Silver Linings Playbook is on Netflix. Among the many ways it can be enjoyed are the following:

a) you think, hey, that's something I can relate to. That's something I do! That's something I feel! I was on that fucking medication for awhile! I have insane sports superstitions! Sweet!

b) you think, well goddamn. I am so NOT as fucked up as I thought I was! Sweet!

c) you think, for the love of everything that is holy, I'd give my left nut to spread Jennifer Lawrence out on a table and slamfuck her while she sucks crabby snacks and homemades (whatever they are) from my fingers while I breathe wet lustings into her ears. Sweet!

So yeah, it can be enjoyed on a number of levels.

Thank you, cm. :rose:

Blurt: Silver Linings Playbook is on Netflix. Among the many ways it can be enjoyed are the following:

a) you think, hey, that's something I can relate to. That's something I do! That's something I feel! I was on that fucking medication for awhile! I have insane sports superstitions! Sweet!

b) you think, well goddamn. I am so NOT as fucked up as I thought I was! Sweet!

c) you think, for the love of everything that is holy, I'd give my left nut to spread Jennifer Lawrence out on a table and slamfuck her while she sucks crabby snacks and homemades (whatever they are) from my fingers while I breathe wet lustings into her ears. Sweet!

So yeah, it can be enjoyed on a number of levels.

Funny, I had similar, but not, feelings when I watched it, too. ;)

I have abandoned OKCupid. Every time I peek in there I'll get a hand full of responses that are longer than "hi cutie" or "u r so hot" and all of those end up with "so, you want to hang out some time?"

Seriously, what is with all of this "hang out" crap? I have a whole lot more respect for those that just come out and say, "you want to fuck some time?" than this "hang out" pretense.

I'm not getting horrid responses... mostly. Ish.

The first email I got?

"Hello Empress...." and it devolved from there. :rolleyes:

Apparently I'm still quite talented at attracting A) married men, B) submissive men, and C) younger men.

Fortunately, in between the above, someone interesting pops up every so often. Unfortunately, I decided to be brave and put up a profile right as a whole bunch of tornadoes hit my personal universe, which is making this attempting to be social thing a bit... challenging. I swear it's like having a part time job or something, except I'm not all that interested in devoting an extra TWENTY FREAKING HOURS A WEEK to navigating all the rules and whathaveyous that people apparently expect when one tries to be social. Ish. Sort of.

Well that was odd and embarrassing.

I have a major case of PMS boobs, ie. hurts a lot. I had to return books to library, but because I was feeling gloriously bad because of all PMS-y things, I decided to take a bus even if it's only a half a mile walk. In hindsight walking would have been preferable.

I was standing close to the doors because the next stop was mine, as was a guy fondling his phone. The bus had to brake really fast for a reason I didn't notice, the guy standing next to me lost his balance, rammed his elbow into my boob, I screamed and passed out. Only for 5 seconds or so, but I was well and truly out of it, because I have no memory of falling on the floor.

Add that to things I don't want to experience again.

The first thought I had after I realized what had happened? I'm gonna make the bus run late of schedule, super embarrassing.

I'm not getting horrid responses... mostly. Ish.

The first email I got?

"Hello Empress...." and it devolved from there. :rolleyes:

Apparently I'm still quite talented at attracting A) married men, B) submissive men, and C) younger men.

Fortunately, in between the above, someone interesting pops up every so often. Unfortunately, I decided to be brave and put up a profile right as a whole bunch of tornadoes hit my personal universe, which is making this attempting to be social thing a bit... challenging. I swear it's like having a part time job or something, except I'm not all that interested in devoting an extra TWENTY FREAKING HOURS A WEEK to navigating all the rules and whathaveyous that people apparently expect when one tries to be social. Ish. Sort of.

Yup, get that. I have a hard time working in time with friends as it is. I really don't have much time for all of the working in a new relationship (of any sort). At least, not the way people expect these days. Sorry, I can't text all day long, I have other obligations.

Every time I get the gumption to dive into it, I realize "hey, this is why I'm not seeing my friends regularly! I don't have time for this crap." and give up.

I'm going to a baby shower today. So it has me thinking about gifts. We bought them a mega box of diapers and a blanket from the registry. I wanted to know if wrapping the diapers was appropriate so I went to the Google, naturally.

Most people agreed to just not wrap them, or make something interesting like a diaper cake. Fair enough, a ribbon works for me. :rolleyes:

I did notice just how much I hate giving pink for girls and blue for boys. This bothered me so much. Last year a friend had a baby, we gave them cash (because who doesn't need it?) and I picked out a non-pink outfit for their baby girl. As they opened gifts I could see the cringe every time they saw pink. Everything in their registries lacked the color pink. But every single item had pink on it that didn't come from what they specifically picked out. I cringed along with them because every pink item received ooohs and aaahhs and someone would speak up to say how proud they were that they picked out the cutest little pink item.

I noticed this being the norm in every blog that had to do with kids and baby showers. They would be so proud of the pink gift basket they made for a girl and the blue one they made for a boy.

I don't have kids yet, and I'm not sure if I ever will. I do know that my kids will not be labeled by pink and blue.

Furthermore, I hated the color pink as a kid. I just accepted it because that was the color that every "girl" toy came in and what people though a little girl should have.

Furthermore, I hated the color pink as a kid. I just accepted it because that was the color that every "girl" toy came in and what people though a little girl should have.

Me too! I still really reject the color pink. My favorite color has always been blue. My mother would tell you my favorite color was purple but it was just the sneaky compromise to be closer to blue and away from pink.

<snip>

Me too! I still really reject the color pink. My favorite color has always been blue. My mother would tell you my favorite color was purple but it was just the sneaky compromise to be closer to blue and away from pink.

Your colour preferences are completely valid.

I tried NOT to push pink on my daughter. When she was two, I made the (classic) mistake of telling her she could choose the colour for her room to make the transition to 'big girl' bed easier. She chose a royal purple, so dark that I really recoiled at the thought of putting it on the walls.

Not one to go back on a promise, we did all the trim in that colour, and the bedding and drapes, and put a lighter purple on the walls.

I, on the other hand, adore pink. A clear, light pink not only makes me very happy to see, it also happens to make me look good. My skin looks great with pink.

I suffer from reverse discrimination where I'm told that I only like pink because I've been conditioned to like it from birth, that pink is ONLY for little girls, not grown women, that's it's somehow a betrayal of any feminist principles and that it's juvenile of me.

WTH? To me, it's a colour, not a political choice.

I think if something as simple as a colour makes me happy, I should be free to indulge myself with it. It has no calories, isn't addictive, doesn't cause hearing loss or have harmful side effects.

Like my other beliefs, I won't tell you that you should like pink simply because I do. Just leave me and my pink-craving self be. Or better yet, buy me something pink for my birthday. :cattail:

I love the color pink, especially on women. But I hate hate HATE the stupid bullshit idea of "boy" colors and "girl" colors.

I love the color pink, especially on women. But I hate hate HATE the stupid bullshit idea of "boy" colors and "girl" colors.

This.

I also mostly despise the light blue that is so often associated with baby boys' stuff. I'm a navy blue kind of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back