The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

That white blood cell count thing can be a bitch. Mine never dropped too much when I was in chemo this past summer, but my mother's does (metastatic breast cancer) on a regular basis so they have to put off her treatments for a week at least once every month or so. Especially during cold and flu season you don't want to be out there at risk of catching an infection your body can't fight. Think of the irony, too: you're standing up to cancer and a common cold puts you down for a long count?

Rest up and get ready for the next round.

Yup, my mother had the same problem.
Her white blodd cell count fell every treatment and she got infections all of the time, landing her in isolation at the oncology ward on intravenous antibiotics several times.
Turned out the white count was so low, she was getting infected by her own normal bacterial flora.
She did get through it though.

FYC.

Just FY.

screen-shot-2014-07-16-at-1-21-05-pm.png

January is testing month for me, since it's the anniversary of my diagnosis. First up was a colonoscopy, which did not go well because the prep was incomplete. Still, the doc was able to remove a polyp and some tissue from the site of last year's surgery. All of these tissues passed the test: no evidence of disease. Next up was a CT scan but I haven't heard back on this yet. I'm hoping to hear today or tomorrow.

It's quite likely that I've been even more irascible than usual lately. Anxiety over cancer testing is a real thing and I know it hit me pretty hard this time around. I'm scheduled to redo the colonoscopy in a week, and it won't be until all the results are in from that exploration that I'll know for sure if I passed all my tests. I studied hard; I really did.

ETA: Just got word that the CT scan showed no evidence of disease. Starting to choreography my happy dance. :)

Last edited:
January is testing month for me, since it's the anniversary of my diagnosis. First up was a colonoscopy, which did not go well because the prep was incomplete. Still, the doc was able to remove a polyp and some tissue from the site of last year's surgery. All of these tissues passed the test: no evidence of disease. Next up was a CT scan but I haven't heard back on this yet. I'm hoping to hear today or tomorrow.

It's quite likely that I've been even more irascible than usual lately. Anxiety over cancer testing is a real thing and I know it hit me pretty hard this time around. I'm scheduled to redo the colonoscopy in a week, and it won't be until all the results are in from that exploration that I'll know for sure if I passed all my tests. I studied hard; I really did.

Glad to hear that everything is ok so far, and good luck with the rest of the test results.

I think you're allowed to be a bit grumpy under the circumstances, don't you? :D

ETA: Just got word that the CT scan showed no evidence of disease. Starting to choreography my happy dance. :)

Great to hear about your CT scan

January is testing month for me, since it's the anniversary of my diagnosis.

My happy dance is already in full swing and my face is going to crack soon from this big grin on it. So happy for you. :heart:

Waiting for results is probably the worst part after treatment.

Glad everything is looking good :rose:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

(I'm getting remarkably good at typing with them like that, by the way.)

Back