The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Indeed, modern medicine is amazing and keeps improving. Sure, going through chemo is hard and often one consequence is life-long side effects that can be annoying. Still, it's much more reliable than it was 20 years ago when my brother lost his first child to a brain tumor and, in fact, oncologists know a whole lot more about effective dosages and continue to reduce the number of treatments needed to eliminate the risk of recurrence or to shrink tumors. We also know a lot more about ways to mitigate the side effects of treatment. Getting treated for cancer at any age is not a walk in the park - but it's also not a walk to the graveyard, either.

So true! A friend's husband is going through round 2 battle against cancer. The treatment for the cancer he had 20 years ago have him cancer again... it's so much better now than it used to be.

God ...my markers tomorrow, cat scan for radiation positioning on 23rd. I send out gooood energy to all who need it and even those who don't ...

hey_cancer_fuck_you_teddy_bear.jpg

guys and gals,

You are the best, I went in and out in about 10 mins ...not terrible ...still smiling and breathing

Public Service Announcement

Especially when you're medically challenged, it's important to start off each day with a good, healthy breakfast.

Yeah, corn muffin & coffee while i write computer code and listen to good head banging...

ACDC -- Shoot to Thrill

It's a coconut doughnut sitting on top of a chocolate doughnut, next to a cup of coffee. Do they not have doughnuts in your part of the world? :eek:

Oh! Ok. I was in the bright sunlight. It looked like some sort of outrageous breakfast sandwich. And yes, are you kidding? We have Mexican bakeries here, which go waaaaay beyond doughnuts!! And doughnuts :)
Your coffee, on the other hand, looks like some kind of witch's brew :p

Oh! Ok. I was in the bright sunlight. It looked like some sort of outrageous breakfast sandwich. And yes, are you kidding? We have Mexican bakeries here, which go waaaaay beyond doughnuts!! And doughnuts :)
Your coffee, on the other hand, looks like some kind of witch's brew :p

Indeed, I have endured enough radiation that without my morning "coffee" I would turn into Bruce Banner's alter ego. ;)

Indeed, I have endured enough radiation that without my morning "coffee" I would turn into Bruce Banner's alter ego. ;)

We're having a delightful game of "Who's on First" thanks to Master's jaunt to the ER 2 weeks ago. He had a chest CT because of a sudden flare up of COPD, but he's about due for one anyway to follow a small nodule in his lung. In the interest of avoiding more radiation, he's trying to get the hospital and the previous medical imaging biz to talk with each other. You'd think that would be easy, right? :rolleyes:

We're having a delightful game of "Who's on First" thanks to Master's jaunt to the ER 2 weeks ago. He had a chest CT because of a sudden flare up of COPD, but he's about due for one anyway to follow a small nodule in his lung. In the interest of avoiding more radiation, he's trying to get the hospital and the previous medical imaging biz to talk with each other. You'd think that would be easy, right? :rolleyes:

Two years ago I had to actually go to a prior imaging firm to get some film from a ten-year-old MRI . Turns out even the office of the orthopedic surgeon who did the knee work based on that MRI couldn't find the original film. But ten years later, who knows where things might be filed, right?

Now, both my surgeon and my oncologist have online portals where I can view reports from recent activities. Also, because they're connected directly to the hospital where I go for tests, they can call up my reports from anywhere in the hospital system online. It's really pretty darned efficient.

I hope you're able to get people to talk to each other.

Two years ago I had to actually go to a prior imaging firm to get some film from a ten-year-old MRI . Turns out even the office of the orthopedic surgeon who did the knee work based on that MRI couldn't find the original film. But ten years later, who knows where things might be filed, right?

Now, both my surgeon and my oncologist have online portals where I can view reports from recent activities. Also, because they're connected directly to the hospital where I go for tests, they can call up my reports from anywhere in the hospital system online. It's really pretty darned efficient.

I hope you're able to get people to talk to each other.

Our primary is in the process of going to EMR. It's been mostly painless on our end, but every time we go in for something, there are piles and piles of charts on every horizontal surface. I felt so bad that I even offered to come in part-time to help them catch up.

Especially when you're medically challenged, it's important to start off each day with a good, healthy breakfast.

Very nice. Told by my doctor today that he doesn't want me returning to work because of my white blood cell count. Fun times

Very nice. Told by my doctor today that he doesn't want me returning to work because of my white blood cell count. Fun times

That white blood cell count thing can be a bitch. Mine never dropped too much when I was in chemo this past summer, but my mother's does (metastatic breast cancer) on a regular basis so they have to put off her treatments for a week at least once every month or so. Especially during cold and flu season you don't want to be out there at risk of catching an infection your body can't fight. Think of the irony, too: you're standing up to cancer and a common cold puts you down for a long count?

Rest up and get ready for the next round.

That white blood cell count thing can be a bitch. Mine never dropped too much when I was in chemo this past summer, but my mother's does (metastatic breast cancer) on a regular basis so they have to put off her treatments for a week at least once every month or so. Especially during cold and flu season you don't want to be out there at risk of catching an infection your body can't fight. Think of the irony, too: you're standing up to cancer and a common cold puts you down for a long count?

Rest up and get ready for the next round.

Yeah, unfortunately I did catch a cold from my parents. Just what I need :)

Back