The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Hey Midwest, I was just diagnosed, prostrate cancer. Luckly its all contained in the prostrate and very very treatable . Radiation starts after they place the markers next week. had CT scan and bone scan ..Nice to know others are around who have had this experience with cancer

There's more of us around here than you might think. Best of luck with your radiation treatment. I know some fellas who have had prostate cancer - some that needed treatment right off and some that we so slow going they haven't had to do anything active for 10 years after diagnosis. It's largely a crap shoot I guess. You'll do fine.

And do take a look at some of the forums I linked to above. There's a ton of supportive folks out there who have been through the very same things you're experiencing and it will do you some good (it did for me) to connect with them.

And please keep us up to date on how things are going.

Good vibes for everyone's health going out! :heart:

Thank you. :rose:

BTW, I asked the doc about it and he said that he lost those cheerleader pictures of you. Something about being fairly sure they were deleted after he sent them to his friend Jennifer Lawrence last winter. ;)

Nice to see this thread here. Have my fourth chemo treatment tomorrow. Cancer has kicked my ass in regards to my white blood cells, but nice to read other people's experiences

Fuck you cancer for blindsiding me

Last edited:
Nice to see this thread here. Have my fourth chemo treatment tomorrow. Cancer has kicked my ass in regards to my white blood cells, but nice to read other people's experiences

Fuck you cancer for blindsiding me
Glad you dropped by. Please make this a regular stop when you're in the neighborhood. Would you like to share your diagnosis and what sort of treatment you're receiving? Lots of very supportive folks here.

Glad you dropped by. Please make this a regular stop when you're in the neighborhood. Would you like to share your diagnosis and what sort of treatment you're receiving? Lots of very supportive folks here.

Thank you Midwest. Was diagnosed the week of Thanksgiving during a physical, news you don't expect at 37 with no health issues. Have Hodgkin's lymphoma, 70% cure rate, have chemo with 6 medicines every two weeks. Had a setback last week as the white blood cells were at an extreme low rate, had to get a shot which I ended up having adverse reactions. Hopefully tomorrow I get the chemo

Thank you Midwest. Was diagnosed the week of Thanksgiving during a physical, news you don't expect at 37 with no health issues. Have Hodgkin's lymphoma, 70% cure rate, have chemo with 6 medicines every two weeks. Had a setback last week as the white blood cells were at an extreme low rate, had to get a shot which I ended up having adverse reactions. Hopefully tomorrow I get the chemo

Oh wow.. 70 cure rate is very good news!
Hoping all goes well for you tomorrow :)

To MWY, keeping you in my thoughts. Hope you got to have a tastier dinner tonight and that you'll get a fast phone call with good results!

Ace, welcome to the gang! My brother was also recently diagnosed with prostate CA, and just started treatment. I am a bad sister; I told him I hope he kept all of his hair except the ridiculous comb-over he's held on to so desperately for the last 40-ish years. :devil: I hope your treatment is quick and successful!

And Aztecs, adding you to my thoughtful list. I hope your chemo is kind and less eventful going forward.

To MWY, keeping you in my thoughts. Hope you got to have a tastier dinner tonight and that you'll get a fast phone call with good results!

Ace, welcome to the gang! My brother was also recently diagnosed with prostate CA, and just started treatment. I am a bad sister; I told him I hope he kept all of his hair except the ridiculous comb-over he's held on to so desperately for the last 40-ish years. :devil: I hope your treatment is quick and successful!

And Aztecs, adding you to my thoughtful list. I hope your chemo is kind and less eventful going forward.

Thank you

Wishing everyone having treatment (and those supporting their loved ones through treatment) every good wish for a discomfort-free time and a positive, successful outcome :rose:

Wishing everyone having treatment (and those supporting their loved ones through treatment) every good wish for a discomfort-free time and a positive, successful outcome :rose:

Thank you, chemo was rough today. Very frustrating that the shot that I had the adverse reaction was not necessary. Guess that happens when your doctor is on vacation

Thank you, chemo was rough today. Very frustrating that the shot that I had the adverse reaction was not necessary. Guess that happens when your doctor is on vacation

Miscommunication in regards to your health is never good. Hugs to you

Sorry chemo was rough, but so glad to see you have enough of an appetite to make a chicken tortilla casserole on the "What's cookin'" thread!
:)

Going to see the doctor today for Mom's every six weeks hi-how-ya-doin. Every time this comes up, I just hope & pray for him to say "No change - keep doing what you're doing", just one more time.

Sorry chemo was rough, but so glad to see you have enough of an appetite to make a chicken tortilla casserole on the "What's cookin'" thread!

Going to see the doctor today for Mom's every six weeks hi-how-ya-doin. Every time this comes up, I just hope & pray for him to say "No change - keep doing what you're doing", just one more time.

I hope you come back with another report of no change. :rose:

gypsy*seer my hope and wish for you is the same MWY ...hope your head up and dont let this villian take you spirits or you down ...:rose:

Wanted to post.

Never really had the BIG C invade my family - so no first hand experience etc

Then met a woman whom (work friend / friend not sexual but maybe....) I was fond of - she confided in me that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer (and her mother had died from it) - she had 2 young kids and was separated. I supported her to a degree and she had many friends around her. This was the first time I had ever understood how cancer does not pick and choose - this woman had an incredibly healthy glow about her and her attitude to the BIG C was very positive and about fighting thru it.
On one occasion I was dwelling over the situation and it made me very angry about cancer?!

She has had her treatment and is OK with the ongoing checks etc - we do not see each other anymore as it was a friendship that could not happen (so to speak).

Anyhow this year I have had a BCC removed (which is a no spreading form of skin cancer) - I had a mole that changed colour that I saw the doc about today and he said it was not cancerous but keep your eye on it.

So I now have my eye on the BIG C thing and send my wishes to all going thru their own experiences

Vidiman, welcome to the thread. It's tough to watch a friend (or relative, of course) go through the treatments of cancer. No other way to say it: it's a hard slog.

Do take care to pay attention to those little skin issues. They can get away from you if you ignore them.

A month or two ago I met someone who worked for a service I use periodically. Today I learned that her two children, aged 17 and 15 both have been diagnosed with cancer in the last month. The older, a boy, has a tumor in the base of his brain which might not be operable. The other, a girl, has a tumor on her neck.

I can't imagine how difficult it is to face putting both of your children through chemo and radiation at the same time.

A month or two ago I met someone who worked for a service I use periodically. Today I learned that her two children, aged 17 and 15 both have been diagnosed with cancer in the last month. The older, a boy, has a tumor in the base of his brain which might not be operable. The other, a girl, has a tumor on her neck.

I can't imagine how difficult it is to face putting both of your children through chemo and radiation at the same time.

This is... literally... unthinkable.
My niece had leukaemia. I was there for the night of the diagnosis, and watched my brother and sister in law practically go out of their minds. I cannot imagine this poor woman living that nightmare twice.
Our story is a good one. She had the "good" kind of leukaemia, diagnosed when she was 3 and received the treatment she needed. She has been declared cancer free for several years now. Modern medicine is amazing.
Fuck you, cancer!!

This is... literally... unthinkable.
My niece had leukaemia. I was there for the night of the diagnosis, and watched my brother and sister in law practically go out of their minds. I cannot imagine this poor woman living that nightmare twice.
Our story is a good one. She had the "good" kind of leukaemia, diagnosed when she was 3 and received the treatment she needed. She has been declared cancer free for several years now. Modern medicine is amazing.
Fuck you, cancer!!

Indeed, modern medicine is amazing and keeps improving. Sure, going through chemo is hard and often one consequence is life-long side effects that can be annoying. Still, it's much more reliable than it was 20 years ago when my brother lost his first child to a brain tumor and, in fact, oncologists know a whole lot more about effective dosages and continue to reduce the number of treatments needed to eliminate the risk of recurrence or to shrink tumors. We also know a lot more about ways to mitigate the side effects of treatment. Getting treated for cancer at any age is not a walk in the park - but it's also not a walk to the graveyard, either.

Back