The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

My brother called today to tell me he's just had his annual physical and tested positive for prostate cancer. He's scheduled for CT scan and bone scan on Tuesday. I know it's not one of the Big Bad cancers to have but damn. He's only 4 years younger than Master so it hits close to home.

Fuck You Cancer!

My brother called today to tell me he's just had his annual physical and tested positive for prostate cancer. He's scheduled for CT scan and bone scan on Tuesday. I know it's not one of the Big Bad cancers to have but damn. He's only 4 years younger than Master so it hits close to home.

Fuck You Cancer!

This sucks. :heart:

Fuck You Cancer!
I'm sorry to hear that!

FYC!

Yeah, prostate is one of the least bad (15-year survival rate ~ 94%) but that's still scary. Best wishes for your brother.

Fuck You Cancer!

I'm sorry to hear of your brother's diagnosis. I hope he'll soon have a handle on the precise version of cancer he has. Some cancers of the prostate grow so slowly that it's possible to go for many years before actually needing to do any surgery. I have some good links to share on my other computer, so I'll be back later with those.

ETA:

Here are some excellent resources on cancer. The first two are general sources of information and they also put out a periodic newsletter with good information. The third one is the Journal of Clinical Oncology so it's a little more in-depth than the other sources. i got these from a fellow in my cancer support group who has been living with a slow-growing prostate cancer (untreated so far) for 11 years.

http://www.cancercare.org/enews

http://www.cancer.net/

http://jco.ascopubs.org

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear of your brother's diagnosis. I hope he'll soon have a handle on the precise version of cancer he has. Some cancers of the prostate grow so slowly that it's possible to go for many years before actually needing to do any surgery. I have some good links to share on my other computer, so I'll be back later with those.

ETA:

Here are some excellent resources on cancer. The first two are general sources of information and they also put out a periodic newsletter with good information. The third one is the Journal of Clinical Oncology so it's a little more in-depth than the other sources. i got these from a fellow in my cancer support group who has been living with a slow-growing prostate cancer (untreated so far) for 11 years.

http://www.cancercare.org/enews

http://www.cancer.net/

http://jco.ascopubs.org

Thank you so much! :rose:

Master said goodbye to his Uncle yesterday, just 3 days after the anniversary of his Father's death.

My son's godfather is fighting, he has gold leaf implanted on the far side of his lung, to magnify the effect of the radiation into the area it is needed.

Cancer, you suck. Fuck you!

Just a bump here, mostly. I don't want this thread to fall back off the first page in case any newbies have reasons to post here. Also, I've been collecting resources on cancer for an article I'm thinking of writing, and I promise to share a few things as I go along.

Quick update on my situation: this is the week of 1-year follow-up tests to see how the treatment performed. Will have both a colonoscopy and a CT scan at the end of the week.

Just a bump here, mostly. I don't want this thread to fall back off the first page in case any newbies have reasons to post here. Also, I've been collecting resources on cancer for an article I'm thinking of writing, and I promise to share a few things as I go along.

Quick update on my situation: this is the week of 1-year follow-up tests to see how the treatment performed. Will have both a colonoscopy and a CT scan at the end of the week.

Probably the first time I will say... Hooray! to a colonoscopy :D

I had my first colonoscopy recently.
While I'm happy to know that the problems I was having weren't from cancer, it is not sailing to the top as my favourite medical procedure.

I hope it's as un-uncomfortable as possible for you and hope to hear cheerworthy results at the end of the week.

I had my first colonoscopy recently.
While I'm happy to know that the problems I was having weren't from cancer, it is not sailing to the top as my favourite medical procedure.

I hope it's as un-uncomfortable as possible for you and hope to hear cheerworthy results at the end of the week.

Thank you for the good wishes, Iris. I'm glad to hear that you don't have to worry about cancer.

I know I don't post often but I do visit regularly, especially the FYC thread, and I'm rooting for you, Yank.

Thinking of you

:rose:

Hey Midwest, I was just diagnosed, prostrate cancer. Luckly its all contained in the prostrate and very very treatable . Radiation starts after they place the markers next week. had CT scan and bone scan ..Nice to know others are around who have had this experience with cancer

My thoughts are with you, MWY. :rose:

Ace, I'm sending you my wishes for your comfort and ease through the journey in front of you. Please take good care. :rose:

Hey Midwest, I was just diagnosed, prostrate cancer. Luckly its all contained in the prostrate and very very treatable . Radiation starts after they place the markers next week. had CT scan and bone scan ..Nice to know others are around who have had this experience with cancer

Very very treatable sounds good.
I hope treatment is as nice as possible to you!

Back