WTF/FUNNY Gifs, Pics, & Videos: Volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy Space Centre is not accounted for in the construction of the rocket.

NASA uses the Kennedy Space Centre just as SpaceX uses it. Its a wash.

What I was referring to was the actual cost of the rocket.

$1Bn for NASA to build it . . .

$100M for SpaceX.

(Figures are approx)

Designing something from scratch, without a reference on how to build it, will always cost more than being able to look at something which is already done and using that as your model.

Designing something from scratch, without a reference on how to build it, will always cost more than being able to look at something which is already done and using that as your model.
Agreed . . . so why is NASA so expensive? What about Apollo 5, 6, etc? NASA has the blueprints, so to speak.

I would think that NASA and SpaceX could build a similar rocket at roughly the same cost (heck, NASA should be cheaper).

NASA has only been to the moon . . . or have they?

Last edited:
And someone will blame the truck for tying up traffic because they had an accident.

P.S. This was on Route 59 in Rosenberg, TX

bJuGTb4.gif

Agreed . . . so why is NASA so expensive? What about Apollo 5, 6, etc? NASA has the blueprints, so to speak.

I would think that NASA and SpaceX could build a similar rocket at roughly the same cost (heck, NASA should be cheaper).

NASA has only been to the moon . . . or have they?

They could except NASA had to buy $1000 hammers and wrenches which drove up costs a bit.

Because like uncountable private companies, they leech off the taxpayers.

It is estimated that it costs approximately $90 million to launch the Falcon Heavy. By contrast, the cost of launching rockets from SpaceX competitor United Launch Alliance will run $422 million per takeoff by 2020, according to one analysis of Air Force documents.

SpaceX will save taxpayers a shitload of money as well as jumpstart a new space race which will create thousands of new jobs as well as new space-based industries.

It is estimated that it costs approximately $90 million to launch the Falcon Heavy. By contrast, the cost of launching rockets from SpaceX competitor United Launch Alliance will run $422 million per takeoff by 2020, according to one analysis of Air Force documents.

SpaceX will save taxpayers a shitload of money as well as jumpstart a new space race which will create thousands of new jobs as well as new space-based industries.

and that is why rocketlab is launching from New Zealand, using carbon fibre electron rockets, with each launch costing $5 million.

and that is why rocketlab is launching from New Zealand, using carbon fibre electron rockets, with each launch costing $5 million.

If I remember correctly, I believe that Rocketlab's rockets are much smaller for the purpose of launching small cube-sat payloads...hence, the $5 million cost.

Kennedy Space Centre is not accounted for in the construction of the rocket.

NASA uses the Kennedy Space Centre just as SpaceX uses it. Its a wash.

What I was referring to was the actual cost of the rocket.

$1Bn for NASA to build it . . .

$100M for SpaceX.

(Figures are approx)

And that's NASA taking the lowest bid to build the damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back