Writing Goal for the Day?

Thank you, I will need all the luck I can get. The story is very different for me. No incest or hardcore BDSM sex.

There is a foot fetish involved, but I am putting in the authors note that there is plenty of "regular" sex as well so people won;t get put off and click away.

As for Pilot? For the most part I don;t give a rats ass what people say. But there are two qualities in human nature I despise (3 if you count abusive men) One is arrogance and the second is posers. People who pretend to be what they are not.

So I amuse myself by tossing out there that I know him for the fraud he is. He will claim we are all jealous, in reality I would pity himif I were a nicer person because it must suck to be so vanilla that you need to make up a load of shit.

And yes yay for moving, this house was a deal and a half! We had no intention on buying another house but this fell in our laps and was too perfect to resist. Now I have to try to sell the other.

A friend is going to rent it for a few months before he moves back to the west coast so hopefully I can move it before then. I don't want to get stuck with two mortgages and don't want the headaches of renting.

I read that some guy in PILOTs town is breaking in and molesting guys in their sleep. Creepy.

Why couldn't I be independently wealthy? Hell, if I quit my job, I'd probably isolate myself more than I already do and become *really* crazy. Now I'm just slightly "teched." :D

Anyway, I haven't accomplished much since late last week. Been updating our home network with a new router. Hasn't been too painful, but still time-consuming. I'd like to just get back to writing (and editing).

Sorry to hear you've been sick, Penn! Hope you feel better soon. LC, glad you didn't kill yourself, but Red's right, you know, as usual.

Yeah well Red made out just fine. The $1000 I saved from the move I used to buy the antique hutch she has been eying for the last 6 months. I bought it and had it delivered the day before the move so it was there when she got there Saturday morning. It maybe the first "I told you so" I never heard.

Yeah well Red made out just fine. The $1000 I saved from the move I used to buy the antique hutch she has been eying for the last 6 months. I bought it and had it delivered the day before the move so it was there when she got there Saturday morning. It maybe the first "I told you so" I never heard.

Well, by God, that should qualify you for a full-body massage, complete with a happy ending!

PL! Hope you and yours are better today.

Why couldn't I be independently wealthy? Hell, if I quit my job, I'd probably isolate myself more than I already do and become *really* crazy.

Let it be known that when Sydney Blake retires, we shall commence the Official Sydney Blake Socialization Program, designed to ensure that one Sydney Blake does not sink into madness, alone and behind her computer screen.

No goals for me, outside of getting through West Virginia in one piece. It's scary here.

I read that some guy in PILOTs town is breaking in and molesting guys in their sleep. Creepy.

That's true, and near the University, not far from where I live. But he's young and black, so there are no police cars cruising past my house. Also, I've never pursued a man in my life, so I don't fit the profile.

Both the young men interviewed on TV (never a claimed victim; always some guy interviewed on the street who is "taking precautions") and the TV interviewers seem so hesitant and blushing in covering the story that it's fun to watch.

That's true, and near the University, not far from where I live. But he's young and black, so there are no police cars cruising past my house. Also, I've never pursued a man in my life, so I don't fit the profile.

Both the young men interviewed on TV (never a claimed victim; always some guy interviewed on the street who is "taking precautions") and the TV interviewers seem so hesitant and blushing in covering the story that it's fun to watch.

That's very unusual. Black men usually do not fit the profile of child molesters. He'll be a great study for the profilers

I doubt this groper thinks of university students as children. Neither do I. So he and I do have something in common. All of the victims have been university students. This is sort of a new wrinkle of the traditional Town and Gown struggle, I think. There's probably a good plot line in there.

I doubt this groper thinks of university students as children. Neither do I. So he and I do have something in common. All of the victims have been university students. This is sort of a new wrinkle of the traditional Town and Gown struggle, I think. There's probably a good plot line in there.

Still, statistically that is generally not a crime committed by black males.

As for a plot line? There is a plot line in everything including the sick shit that went down at Penn State. Sad as it is there is an audience for that, not here but other sites.

Yes, my mind has already come up with plotlines for both of those. In the meantime, however, it formulated another Christmas story while I was in that zone between awake and not this morning. I only intended to submit one story to the Christmas contest this time. But I've now batted out a nearly 5,000-word draft this morning/early afternoon. I'll review it later this afternoon after I complete my Christmas shopping (something I always try to get done before Black Friday) and send it off for editing.

Yes, my mind has already come up with plotlines for both of those. In the meantime, however, it formulated another Christmas story while I was in that zone between awake and not this morning. I only intended to submit one story to the Christmas contest this time. But I've now batted out a nearly 5,000-word draft this morning/early afternoon. I'll review it later this afternoon after I complete my Christmas shopping (something I always try to get done before Black Friday) and send it off for editing.

I get a lot of ideas around that time frame 4am -5:30 when I'm half asleep. I write some stuff down, but many times the feeling is gone by the time I get out of work. Have to lose the damn day job. the wife however disagrees.

Wo Hoo! wrote over 1500 words of good stuff today. Finally I'm back in the saddle!
Who says winter is dull?

Feeling better and the headache seems to have subsided. Set edits today and finally started typing up the Christmas story. Whew. Feel a bit like I'm fighting to stay awake, but Mr. Penn is off tomorrow (along with PennBoy) so it feels a bit like a Friday night. A bit.

OMG -- if you have not seen it yet, all writers must see the Nov 20 episode of The Simpsons. It features Neal Gaiman! And pokes fun at so much of the writing process that it's great.

We'll see if a 5,300-word entry can be conceived, researched, written, edited by an editor on the other side of the world, and submitted in one day. It's going to be a tight squeeze to make it, though.

Let it be known that when Sydney Blake retires, we shall commence the Official Sydney Blake Socialization Program, designed to ensure that one Sydney Blake does not sink into madness, alone and behind her computer screen.

AWWWW!!! Now that is the sweetest thing that anyone has ever proposed! LOL!

I've already started my collection of Nutragena soap and latex gloves, and I'm trying to develop a habit of tiptoeing over the cracks in the sidewalk, but I keep forgetting and end up stepping on them. Damn.

We once took a shortcut through the back country in WV and got lost. Drove past many shacks and even two school buses jammed or welded together with a crooked smokestack (I kid you not) but the most common vehicle (long time ago) were new Volvo or Subaru station wagons. We met two vehicles full of people (shades of Deliverance) and one of them led us out (back the way they had come) to the nearest town. Took almost an hour through a maze of roads that we would never have been able to navigate. Very nice people!

Probably cousins on mine.

Seriously, nothing's more fun than taking a wrong turn in New Orleans. We were on a business trip, in a Nissan driven by a white-haired white man, a Mexican riding shotgun, and me, the blond slice of white bread in the back seat. Going up and down the streets of government housing, lots of young, black men standing around in the streets, leaning against cars. We just prayed we wouldn't get shot.

Feeling better and the headache seems to have subsided. Set edits today and finally started typing up the Christmas story. Whew. Feel a bit like I'm fighting to stay awake, but Mr. Penn is off tomorrow (along with PennBoy) so it feels a bit like a Friday night. A bit.

Glad you are feeling better, Penn, and working on that Christmas story. Being sick during the holidays sucks!

I did some editing today, and after that had me cross-eyed, I decided to follow a plot bunny. Got a short story outlined and the first 2600 words hammered out. The only reason I'm quitting on it is it's waaaay past my bed time and I am sooooo going to regret it tomorrow morning!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Just past midnight here and I'm up to 3,950 words today.

Best day of writing I've had in months. :)

Whiskey for everyone, barkeep!

A new idea popped up this morning just as I lay in bed, so maybe I can get something down to today before or after the pies dough and pies are made. (Waiting for a kid to get up - she's making a pie too, and taking it to her boyfriend's tomorrow.)

A new idea popped up this morning just as I lay in bed, so maybe I can get something down to today before or after the pies dough and pies are made. (Waiting for a kid to get up - she's making a pie too, and taking it to her boyfriend's tomorrow.)

Funny how ideas pop up in the morning. The best ones can be ridden right out of bed. :)

Happy pie making. We'll be doing the same thing. Pumpkin, pecan, chocolate, apple-cranberry, and someone requested lemon bars. Going to be a busy but fun day!

Funny how ideas pop up in the morning. The best ones can be ridden right out of bed. :)

Happy pie making. We'll be doing the same thing. Pumpkin, pecan, chocolate, apple-cranberry, and someone requested lemon bars. Going to be a busy but fun day!

Thanks! I'm 3800 + words into it. I'm already loving the characters, they are a lot of fun and full of piss & vinegar. :D

Oh, your pies sound so tasty! The one kid making pies with me is still in bed, so I'm going to keep plugging way. Our pies are 2 pumpkin, 2 pecan/apple/caramel, and dough for two lemon meringue (I'll make those fresh in the morning) along with some homemade whipped topping. YUMMY!!

I may try making PB cookies with the kids today, since PennBoy is off from school. We shall see. I figure I'll roll up the cookies and they can each have a supply to make the criss-cross marks.

Was rolling on a Christmas story last night and had another idea for it. Mr. Penn has gone for sandwiches, donuts and chai -- writing fuel.

Back