What will AI still struggle to do for writing in the future?

All that says to me is that someone gets to decide what is true and what isn't and has a means to prevent facts that don't align with their worldview from being known.
Yes. That is truly scary. It makes me think a recurring thought. Am I naive to be glad that we have institutions dedicated to bringing us the truth? Am I crazy to trust that agencies like the NYT and PBS/NPR will dig in and let us know about the biases built into the ever-encompassing AI that we depend on?

Yes. That is truly scary. It makes me think a recurring thought. Am I naive to be glad that we have institutions dedicated to bringing us the truth? Am I crazy to trust that agencies like the NYT and PBS/NPR will dig in and let us know about the biases built into the ever-encompassing AI that we depend on?

IMO, yes, you are. Because those agencies have their own motivations and their own agendas. You are allowing them to decide what the "truth" is and never forget, "agencies" are groups of people with their own biases and views.

How many things over the last four years were facts, until they weren't any more.

How many things over the last four years were facts, until they weren't any more.
One of the things that consoles me is that I don't remember many times when the NYT or NPR/PBS put forth false facts. And when they made mistakes, they acknowledged them.

Back