Writing Goal for the Day?

This is likely and makes me think we're spending way too much effort on figuring this out. ;)

Think of it as research: "The Case of the Mysterious Tree Brach: A PennLady Earth Day Story," in which a dastardly neighbor rips limbs from trees before depositing them on the lawns of unsuspecting neighbors.

Okay. I just spent 15-20 mins typing up the story of a hockey game for PennBoy. He better appreciate it. Why did I do this? B/c he'd been asking for, like, weeks. And now it's done.

Uh, let's see...published a couple of new books at Smashwords. Have started three new anthologies, so far 20 - 30k in each. I have a short story which will be up at smashwords for free in a couple of days. So I've been busy.

Think of it as research: "The Case of the Mysterious Tree Brach: A PennLady Earth Day Story," in which a dastardly neighbor rips limbs from trees before depositing them on the lawns of unsuspecting neighbors.

And then? Someone searches for them by riding up and down bumpy roads in a car with bad suspension but good ... benefits?

Bwa hahahaha.

Okay. I just spent 15-20 mins typing up the story of a hockey game for PennBoy. He better appreciate it. Why did I do this? B/c he'd been asking for, like, weeks. And now it's done.

SA Penn Lady, If he doesn't appreciate it, I do. I'll have it copy edited before much longer. That you're writing again is the best news out of Pennsylvania this week.

So close to being done with this story by the end of the week. Tomorrow, I hope.

And then? Someone searches for them by riding up and down bumpy roads in a car with bad suspension but good ... benefits?

Bwa hahahaha.

:mad:

I'm still sad I can't come up with a plot for that. Oh well, maybe next Christmas. At least we found a way to make trips to my parents' house a lot more . . . pleasant. ;)

SA Penn Lady, If he doesn't appreciate it, I do. I'll have it copy edited before much longer. That you're writing again is the best news out of Pennsylvania this week.

Actually he's a good beta reader. I erred in the score, although he says he doesn't want me to fix it. I will anyway. This is actually just a story where I wrote a game. I'm not sure why he wanted that but he's been asking for quite a while, so I did. It's actually harder than you might think.

So close to being done with this story by the end of the week. Tomorrow, I hope.

Go Tatyana!

I'm still sad I can't come up with a plot for that. Oh well, maybe next Christmas. At least we found a way to make trips to my parents' house a lot more . . . pleasant. ;)

Aw, sorry. It was a good scene. If not that particular story, I'm sure you can find a place to work it in. Better keep quiet if you don't want little Tat asking awkward questions. ;)

I'm hoping to work more on R&B. We did yard work this weekend, so I still need to revise the tour stuff. However, Estragon is helping with a copy edit on Ch 1, so posting is in the offing, I hope.

Boxing? Football? What are we talking about here? With the exception of tennis and hockey, I'm lost on most sports beyond endurance events.

Karate. I competed in tournaments from the age of 14 right up to my late thirties. I stopped because I started having some trouble with my right knee and didn;t want to end up hurt, as eevn in non contact fights you have to come within two inches to score a point and people slip. Last thing I would need is a kick to a gimpy knee.

Anyway I actually won yesterday! The kid was faster, but he seemed to have a blind spot for the same move and even though I'm a righty I scored quite a bit from the left side.

If it had gone all six rounds I probably would have lost, because I was getting tired, but I caught him in the side of the head with a knee. We wear headgear of course, but he seemed a little dazed and this was only a charity bout and they did not want to take chances.

I had one bad moment where I walked into a spin kick and found myself staring at the ceiling, but was able to get up.

My daughter's went three rounds and she won on points. Got to love Father daughter bonding.

Hey I know this is the writing goal thread, but I wanted to plug the secret Santa thread. Go ahead and sign up, it could be a lot of fun.

Let's go Tatyana, Syd you know you're just dying to give me something.
Or is that just the other way around?

Well I figure I'll slide a goal in here today - I'm hoping to finish up the fifth section of a large piece of work as well as start a new piece, that will seem like the usual cliche story but will end in a really controversial twist.

Gah. I keep trying to finish this damn chapter, and it just won't die. Another 1,000-ish words today, and I feel like I made no progress.

Sigh. As I said yesterday, tomorrow, I hope.

Hey I know this is the writing goal thread, but I wanted to plug the secret Santa thread. Go ahead and sign up, it could be a lot of fun.

Good God, no. Potlucks and hostess gifts are enough to send me into a panic, but secret santa? I'd rather vacuum out the car.
Oh, and wouldn't you like to know. ;)

Last edited:
If it hadn't been for the need to rake leaves while the weather was good, I think I would have finished the review of the mainstream mystery and gotten it sent off to the publisher. Maybe later tonight, though.

I'd like to give you something, but what's secret about that?

Got some opinions back on R&B8, which is good. I think I rushed it a bit. Will have to look over R&B2 for next posting, but that can wait a few days. Mr. Penn is off to CA on a business trip. Sigh.

Hmmm Let's see...

I have been fretting to the point of losing sleep over one particular scene I just can’t seem to start. The scene is between two gay males. My desire is that the scene not only represents the raw sexual connection that the two have, but also show the strong emotional connection as well. The story pivots on the fact that that the reader gets that. However, I’m not male or gay. I have my favorite erotic stories within the gay genre and a lot of respect for the writers. But other than those few, I haven’t found anything that inspired me. Desperate, I even searched “How to”. :rolleyes:

Well, last night it just hit me. I don’t look at other writers when I decide to write any other scene. I rely on what I know and how I feel. I love the male body, worship it. I know how to please my lover and describe it. That’s what needs to be reflected in the scene. Of course, there is the added benefit that a male lover can offer another male. I love ass play. And, coming is coming. Love is love. Of course on an intellectual level I know this, feel this and demonstrate it in the way I lead my life. My respect for it stunted my faith in my ability to define it and present it. However, my respect for it makes me want to write about it, explore it and present it.

Suddenly, I felt happy and inspired. So, today I finish that scene. Tomorrow, I finish editing and submit it to an editor (hopefully). It’s time to let this baby go.

Suddenly, I felt happy and inspired. So, today I finish that scene. Tomorrow, I finish editing and submit it to an editor (hopefully). It’s time to let this baby go.

Go baby, go! ;)

I'm working on a chapter for the Kismet chain story to put up in case one of the former writers can't locate one they had ready to go a while back - a long while back.

Love is love. Of course on an intellectual level I know this, feel this and demonstrate it in the way I lead my life. My respect for it stunted my faith in my ability to define it and present it. However, my respect for it makes me want to write about it, explore it and present it.

Good for you, and that is hard to get across. Way to go!

I run into this same thing. Essentially - why do the characters like/love each other, and how do you get that across without saying, "A loves B because of 1 2 and 3."

Last edited:
Goal #1: Finish editing Desperate Measures 2

Goal #2: Decide which of my embryonic proto-stories will become the next project and start writing it.

Spent 4 days quizzing my son about police work, especially cop politics and action against criminals. For example: Its not wise for a street cop to take-on a VIP, involve a high ranking officer before you act. Get lotsa statement sheets so you can highlite agreement and conflicts in testimony. Dont break-down the door, isolate the scene and call for SWAT.

I also learned some cop tactics for escaping from a 'corner' if you find yourself trapped by bad-players.

And I gleaned some interesting anecdotes from his police career I can use in my tale.

I'm working on the next chapter on my series. Making some good progress, but there's still plenty I need to iron out. I did make it easier on me by making the decision that I would split the next chapter into two parts (that is, make it into two Lit chapters). Hopefully, that will go over okay.

Had hoped R&B1 would be up today, but perhaps later or tomorrow, with the contest. Sigh. Prepping R&B2 for posting next week. And... working on later chapters with feedback from beta readers... and then maybe I can spare some time for a Christmas story. Really not sure if the idea I have will work. It has potential, but I'm just not sure.

ETA: Never mind the start of that. It's slated to go up tomorrow. I have my days all mixed up this week b/c Mr. Penn is on a trip. Duh.

Last edited:
Back