Writing Goal for the Day?

Haven't had time to write, but have been pondering, and I think I will scrap the scene I was working on in the hockey story. Felt like it was dragging, so I will move along.

I am taking a break from wallowing in my characters misery and going for some chinese food. Will try to finish this debacle by tomorrow (I have it off for VJ day) because this is a mondset I do not want to stay in for much longer.

Haven't had time to write, but have been pondering, and I think I will scrap the scene I was working on in the hockey story. Felt like it was dragging, so I will move along.

Finally sat down to write about an hour ago. This last chapter has been a bitch to get out. I finally sent what I had to a VE for her feedback on the thing. She's in Australia, tho, so it always takes a long time to hear back from her.

My perfectionism is killing me!

Finally sat down to write about an hour ago. This last chapter has been a bitch to get out. I finally sent what I had to a VE for her feedback on the thing. She's in Australia, tho, so it always takes a long time to hear back from her.

My perfectionism is killing me!

I want to write, I really do, but I find my mood has gone downhill today. :mad:

Guess I'll just try to ignore it.

It's not really a goal but my latest submission has only been up for a few hours and it already has 76 votes, a rating of 4.79 and 11 comments.

I love this place. :')

It's not really a goal but my latest submission has only been up for a few hours and it already has 76 votes, a rating of 4.79 and 11 comments.

Wow.. that is a whole mess of comments... congrats!

Congrats! That's awesome.

Been there. Sometimes the muse just won't answer. :(

It's not so much the muse as just general frustration about various things. And one of the frustrations is... not being able to find time to write.

It's not so much the muse as just general frustration about various things. And one of the frustrations is... not being able to find time to write.

Have had that problem too. No fun. :(

Hope you're able to find some time soon!

Have had that problem too. No fun. :(

Hope you're able to find some time soon!

Thanks. Unfortunately it seems that there's just always something that takes priority. But bedtime for the little ones is soon...

A major storm swept through and I did not think anyone needed to see my crazy hair so I stayed in a wrote. I whipped out about four pages so far for the next submission. I'm on a role, but then again it's probably boredom :)

A major storm swept through and I did not think anyone needed to see my crazy hair so I stayed in a wrote. I whipped out about four pages so far for the next submission. I'm on a role, but then again it's probably boredom :)

Good for you! :) And it matters not whether it's boredom or inspiration -- you got it done.

Having obtained licensing and submitted Ch 3 of A New Birth of Freedom, my goal for tomorrow is to decide whether to continue the story I started while awaiting licensing (Serenissima Syd, I feel your pain; Grandmaster dweaver999 is in Australia, and has plenty of his own work to do, so it takes a while to get licensing; not that I am in any way complaining--Grandmaster dweaver999 has been generous above and beyond anything I could imagine.), or start Ch 4. Ch 4 is going to be tough; I have to get Eve's baby born, and the plot is tough. I'll probably need to beg for some technical editing/advising. The other story's plot, for what it's worth, is already set out in my head.

Oh well, it beats working.

Still drinking tea, but may switch to Scotch soon. But that may spell the end of my writing stint for the evening. Hopefully I can hold out a little longer. :)

Oh, wine -- now there's an idea... hmmm...

That's what we all need -- some good booze and some live music. And I don't wanna hear anybody covering Lynard Skynard either. I'm talking blues. Stevie Ray. Buddy Guy. And my new crush, Joe Bonamassa. Yep yep yep!

Oh, wine -- now there's an idea... hmmm...

Agreed, why does tomorrow have to be Monday? Ugh!

Still drinking tea, but may switch to Scotch soon. But that may spell the end of my writing stint for the evening. Hopefully I can hold out a little longer. :)

Such a pusher over here! Scotch over ice...mmmhmm!

That's what we all need -- some good booze and some live music. And I don't wanna hear anybody covering Lynard Skynard either. I'm talking blues. Stevie Ray. Buddy Guy. And my new crush, Joe Bonamassa. Yep yep yep!

I am with you on this, bigtime! I'll make a big pitcher of something that will taste like liquid gold.

Back