Writer's Menagé (closed)

The boys looked at Gregory, oops, Lord Vanden to them

He was clearly uncomfortable, was it concern, or speaking in front of them

Sir, we can step away if you would prefer to speak with Leena alone

They hoped he would include them, but they understood if he wasn't yet sure about them

Oh it's not that boys.

His wife spoke again. Leena added.

No he was afraid she would say something he didn't think should be said. The truth will come out I am staying and living here from now on Gregory.

His wife smiled as did he but his was a little less convincing.

The boys smiled, Keiko a bit over enthusiastic

We are a threesome, and we plan to stay that way, bringing our new visitor into our little family

He stopped, perhaps he had said too much

You are our Helena's blood. You will never listen and still make most things work but know I am always around Leena

Gregory sighed knowing he was out numbered and even a Little bit knows when to concede on matters. She was well protected here. Far better than the little trio knew.

We will still keep an eye out for the dark fires spirits

His wife added looking to Kieko.

According to a feline who lived back them they smelled like burnt chestnuts and tar.

Keiko listened to Dyanna’s statement and tried to think

He had an amazingly acute sense of smell

I do remember smelling something similar, I was hunting, just last night, it was on the other side of the river, near the edge of the mighty oaks, and it seemed feint, but it was definitely burnt chestnuts and tar

Dyanna raised a brow.

It is beyond the borders of my range. Gregory... Call the others... Let them know. And you two watch over her... Or else

Keiko, tried to remember

I did not sense anything, nor was their any sign of evil deeds

But we will watch over her, we have no intention of leaving her alone

Ambrose took her hand and gently kissed it and winked at Leena

No intention at all

I am safe Gregory... Dyanna and the others can monitor and it could be nothing. Whatever you think it is that you refuse to telle.

Leena was not pleased at his silence and made that abundantly clear. She would not use her powers on friends... For them but never on them and he knew it.

They were finished with their drinks

Ambrose could sense the tension

Shall I buy us another round? Dyanna, pardon my ignorance, but do you drink any beverages?

Dyanna shook her head no. Gregory sighed.

I will tell you in time

No one really answered Ambrose

He got up and walked to the bar

If needed, he would gladly drink Gregory’s glass too

Leena did not like Gregory's answer and followed Ambrose to the bar.

I hate his cryptic ways

I am so glad you said that

I feel like there is this huge back story I am supposed to know

He turned to Leena

I guess that includes you, he characterizes you as quite ominous...Leena please help Keiko understand who you are and what you are capable of...

Beyond Gregory and any archives this village might keep no one remembers what happened back then perhaps causing my ancestors to flee. All I know is the purity and strength of the powers changes with each child born

She sighed and looked back over at them. She could see the unspoken argument between Gregory and his wife.

Maybe some day she can tell me. It sounds like I am kin to her or him or both

Ambrose leaned in and gently kissed her cheek

There is so much history here, but so few know it and they keep it secret

But the three of us have each other, let’s bring over the drinks

She walked over with the drinks and snuggled between Kieko and Ambrose downing her bourbon shot.

So now what Gregory?

Gregory looked at his wife, or his wife's ghost

Keiko was just a simple straight forward were

Why won't you tell her? Doesn't she have the right to know? If she is a threat to them, they will hunt her, if there is something we can do to help prepare or protect her, we want to do it?

Last edited:
She is from both Dyanna and my family lines. Long long ago her ancestors found themselves the targets of something no one could find or track. A being that never acted on it's own but through the dark fire spirits. Eventually it was so bad the children... Four sisters were separated... Three sisters were sent away and one remained here to help fight. Her ancestor was an infant sent to the far stretches of what would become America.

Ambrose listened intently, he had two followup questions

Did anyone ever speculate on why they were the ones targeted?

And, is this the first time they have returned since then and how were they gotten rid of before?

Keiko and Ambrose looked at each other, they would defend her to the death

Sacrifices were made. Deals were arranged and without their... employer the dark fire spirits seemed to vanish lost to time

Dyanna answered them.

Being on the other side I have been able learn about them. They require a source/employer to focus and anchor them

This was a village, a land, of mystery and riddles

No answers ever completely given, no direction particularly clear

Neither Ambrose or Keiko really understood the concept of an employer for a dark spirit, but they were confident that it sounded evil...they gathered around Leena

"We will protect you", they gallantly stated, not quite sure if it wasn't more the other way around

She smiled curling against them.

She will need the help if they are returning. With her ancestors time there were four of them and the great Lion. An ancient elder of the town back then.

Dyanna smiled watching them as she spoke.

Keiko watched everyone's reactions and somehow felt reassured

There was so much neither he nor Ambrose really understood

But together they were strong, and he felt they had support

Dyanna, your feelings are very helpful, we will be anxiously awaiting if you feel anything becoming more urgent or ominous

The ghost nod with a smile.

We will leave you three alone and wish you a wonderful evening

The watched them leave, and Keiko raised a glass

It looks like we are in this together, and I wouldn't want it any other way

Would you like another drink Leena, or should we take you home?

Back