Writer's Menagé (closed)

She smiled pulling him over to them.

Ambrose... this is the other vampire I mentioned to you. I know he is supposed to be some uppity up in your vampire world but to me he is just Gregory. Gregory this is Ambrose and Kieko.

The stunned and flabbergasted gasps of every other vampire in the room brought a seldom vampire seen smile to Lord Vanden's face. Anyone calling him by his first name witch or not was apparently unheard of in this village.

Both Ambrose and Keiko extended their hands

It is an honor to meet you sir

May we buy you all a drink?

One vampire approached his look and thoughts known clearly by Gregory.

Halt your steps and thoughts of disrespect at her using my first name. I have known her blood line long before you cried your first mortal breath. And I would be curious if she could write you back to mortality?

He turned.

Yes drinks for my friends and I.

Ambrose saw the strength and resolve of the elder Vampire, it was impressive and intimidating

Please know that Keiko and I consider Leena a friend

What may I get for us all to drink?

Younglings I believe you view her as far more than a friend.

He smirks tapping his nose.

A nice ab neg but nothing Fey and as I recall a bourbon strait for our dear writer?

The boys just smiled at the wise vampire's voiced perception and winked at Leena

Well we are quite friendly...but so is she sir, Keiko said smiling

"Two bourbons, and two special vintages coming right up", and Ambrose and Keiko hustled off to the the drinks

You with a nonmortal Leena... I'm impressed Leena.

The old vampire teased as they sat down to wait.

Yeah yeah. I know but... there was something different about them... their life their rules sort of thing that felt natural and authentic... and beautiful.

She smiled as she spoke a smile he had not seen on her face in a while.

As they waited at the bar, Keiko turned to Ambrose

So what do you know about this Gregory fellow?

Just that he is very powerful and respected. I think it is good for us that he appears to have a soft spot for Leena, and she likes us, but there is something more evil brewing, that is the only real reason he is here

They sat talking while they waited for Ambrose and Kieko to return to the table. All she knew was that Gregory had been from here and knew of her family but that tended to be all he was willing to say.

Ambrose carried the special reds, Keiko the bourbon

Treats for the pallet, our tavern here is famous for its rare vintages

Ambrose was on the list to hear the warnings, but he did not have the knowledge of this history to really understand the implications

Lord Vanden would you give us some guidance, we heard the warnings about the dark spirits, but how do we best protect each other, best protect our little village here?

Ah yes my late wife's fears of the dark fire spirits... beings who simply are. Never having been any form of living being. Yes yes her concern is part of why I have returned home the other being my dear friend here. Leena open the envelope I gave you for if you ever came here.

She reached into her purse and took out what appeared to be a centuries old letter holding it out to him

Read it child...

He smiled to her almost fatherly.

Beings who are, but never were...that sounded like the underworld and that was frightening to even a vampire and a were

The boys watched Lord Vanden hand Leena the envelope, Ambrose was impatient

Open it Leena, you have wanted to understand your history

Leena opened the envelope and looked at the pictures within it till she finally saw one she knew.

My grandmother had a picture of this painting as well. Who is it?

Gregory smiled.

A solitary cousin that my late wife and I have in common and you bloodline connecting you... to us. Also look at the infants eyes... they are your eyes.

The all looked at the picture

It appeared to be Leena as a baby being held by a beautiful woman

Keiko turned to Leena, a sweet smile on is face

Leena, is that you, is that your mother?

No my grandmother told me that the painting was of her great great great grandmother. Her eyes... they are like mine. How?

She looked to Gregory.

The last time the true full power of you bloodline was alive... till you.

Ambrose found this fascinating

This witch he and Keiko were really growing to care for was much more powerful it seemed, than she even knew

Why is it now so alive with Leena, when it wasn't with her mother or grandmother, is she in danger...how can we help?

No nothing like that. I have tried to figure out how it is more powerful and pure in some of the family than others but there is no rhyme or reason for it. It simply is the way it is.

They both chuckled at the mention of her mother as she speaks

He'll bent to ignore it and live as a mortal and demand everyone around you d the same in your presence may have something to do with it. As for my grandmother she was powerful in her own right.

Keiko took a sip of his bourbon as the other did the same

He had been close to his grandfather as well, much closer to than to his father who had been an evil were lacking any conventional morals. He had been there the day he died, his grandfather had saved him, and sacrificed himself in the process to the masses settling for no less than blood and revenge for his father's savagery

Hmmm, it sounds like you respected and loved your grandmother, I loved my grandfather as well, would you mind telling us about her?

She humored mom yet called her a fool for tossing aside heritage and everything. Mom would come back with she was proud Romanian she just did not feel the powers were anything of any good to anyone.

She shrugged and leaned against Gregory a little who in turn wrapped a fatherly arm around her.

Marguritte could be most stubborn.

A trait normally reserved for the men of the line.

A soft voice spoke behind them as the ancient clad ghost stood there smiling to Gregory.

My late wife Dyanna.

Gregory introduced them

Ambrose bowed, "Ambrose Valkyrien at your service"

Keiko bowed similarly, "Keiko Bertrash, it is an honor"

Both boys were humbled they felt as if they were with royalty

We have heard much about your concerns regarding the Dark Spirts, Lady Dyanna

I detested that title while living and I have not warmed u to it in death Dyanna will be fine. Yes I have felt the same changes without the presences or any other sign. It is however nice to feel life lingering in that beautiful night garden of Felana's.

She smiled to them hovering there.

Ambrose smiled, "Dyanna, my apologies, your feelings are helpful they have been communicated out to all of the vampires in the village"

Keiko was tired of dark spirits, he would deal with them as necessary

Yes, the night garden is beautiful isn't it, we are going to help Leena with refurbishing her home, keeping the sense of antique charm with some modern conveniences

That would be wonderful. Let them help you child and I will keep an eye on them if you wander the hills like Helena did. She was the infant...

Gregory cleared his throat as if a swig of blood had found the wrong path. Dyanna glanced before finishing her statement.

That is your line of the family.

Keiko didn't really understand but something clearly bothered Lord Vanden

I am really looking forward to what we can do with the house

It is beautiful and we want to make sure we don't lose any of the charm

He looked at the others, it appeared as if Lord Vanden had something to say

Leena looked between them.

What were you afraid she would say Gregory?

His wife looked over wondering how he would handle being cornered like that.

Back