Would be a knight

Just before Ella had been dropping off to sleep she heard noise again, then scuffling, and fighting. Jumping up, she was out of the tent in seconds. To her dismay she saw that Treborin was underneath what looked like three vampires, one was about to take a bite out of his neck as he cried out. There wasn't any time to lose, she raised her right arm, hand stretching out..then chanted,

"I summon the Powers of the Elemental Storm."

Immediately a strike of lightening came out of a ruby ring on her hand, going straight for the three assailants. All three flew off Tre landing on the ground a few feet away from him, now the young man was able to finish them off.

She turned to the two remaining vampires that were headed for Tre, thinking she would let him handle them, unless things went bad.

Kust threw Thorn against a tree and pinned her there, and leaned in for a bite, Thorn felt his fingers snaking up her waist. Thorn bit into Kust instead, and kicked him unto the ground. And stabbed both daggers into his chest, he weakly got up and grabbed her wrist, coming in with speed for a bite. She hissed and clawed at his face, he grunted and flinched back. Thorn hopped on his shoulders and back flipped over him. . He sharply turned around and tackled her to the ground. And picked her up and threw her against a tree. She fell to the ground. "So young, so innocent, so beautiful" Kust coolly said as he strode towards her. "You know the best part? All four of the clans are in a war for you but yet... We all enjoyed burning your family to death." She could see his smiling canine teeth. Thorns adrenaline rose like a rocket. She sped at him and pinned him against the tree, and picked up a stick and stuck it into his heart. And continued to do this five more times. Until he was completely limp. She left it in there and took out her duel daggers. She rushed back to see if the halfling was okay.

Roderick came charging in on the back of his horse just as Thorn was finishing with the last vampire. His full helm, shaped to look like a roaring lion, was on his head, visor closed. With his steel kite shield was strapped to his arm, sword in hand, and armor on him he looked every bit like he should be a knight. He spoke out, his voice echoing hollowly from within his helm, "It seems I missed all the excitement, my apologies for not arriving sooner." He quickly dismounted and moved over to the trio as he inspected the bodies, "is everyone alright? I was out seeing to the sentries on the far side of the camp when I heard the noise of fighting as I returned."

Thorn tried to hide her gashing wound at her side. With her arm. She smiled "yeah I'm fine", she turned to the others, "are you guys?"

Treborin was breathing heavily, part of him couldn't believe he was still alive. His second fight had gone much better then his first.

he was replaying the fight back in his mind. how he had stabbed the first vampire before the other two had charged in. How he had lunched forward, blocking there claws with his shield, before beheading them both with a single swipe.

The only think he couldn't workout was how he had gotten away when the three had him pinned. Not that it mattered. Some how he had survived, and he had triumphed. He was a soldier now.

"I am good Roderick," he gasped, a big smile on his face. He then looked at his charmed necklace. The runes had stopped glowing, and it had returned to normal. Had he imagined it?

He through a look of concern to Thorn, he didn't know what she had been through, but now he wanted to help her.

"One out of four" she smiled, holding up a glass vile of blood. I think we all need talk maybe? Damn this hurt" , looking at her gapping wound. "Anyway let's find somewhere quiet maybe? Oh and um thanks for helping...you guys did good.."

Ella watched the scene unfold, ready to lend a hand if needed. Finally when it was over and Roderick had joined the three, she quietly came up to hear Thorn say,

"One out of four" she smiled, holding up a glass vile of blood. I think we all need to talk maybe? Damn this hurt", looking at her gapping wound. "Anyway let's find somewhere quiet maybe? Oh and um thanks for helping...you guys did good.."

As they took notice of Ella she decided to not tell of her part in the fight,

"Yes you all did well, Roderick and I need to know exactly what is going down here, concerning you Thorn. No more secrets, we are all one company now, that means we all have to watch each other's backs, that is what you enlisted for isn't it? Sit down on that rock and let me see that wound."

Last edited:
Treborin couldn't stop smiling, finally he was excepted, and was part of a group. He was a soldier. he didn't even mind, that one of the elves was in charge.

He sat down listening hoping he could help the wood elf, knowing that the task ahead was still going to be very hard.

Thorn sat on the large rock. "Look I found a cure. But the task isn't easy. We have to all kill four vampire clan leaders. We just killed the weakest, Kust. Then the army is stationed near a cave to the east. Where a stone called "The Bloodstone" is at. I don't know if it's protected or not. Then a priest will have to free me. It's a old and dangerous ritual. I have to do this in 12 days or I can't change. Ever." Thorn sighed.

Malfurian, Looked in his mirror, of course he didn't see his reflection, but what he saw in his magic mirror troubled him.
He saw the wood elf, she was still alive and fighting the curse. He needed the pure blood. Never had there been such a perfect host. Her blood would make every vampire stronger, and resistant to sunlight. But if she fully turned she could become more powerful than all the clan leaders, even himself.
He had ordered Kruss to bring the elf to him... alive or dead it didn't matter as long as they had the blood. Drain every drop of blood out of her body, preform the ritual and the vampires would spread. No longer a slave to the shadows, the light of the day would never bother them again.

His mirror focused on her three companions, the old warrior, Malfurian knew he would be hard to kill, he was more than capable of killing vampires. Malfurian could also sense a great but dark power about this man.

The Elf, scion to the Aldmer, trying to escape her destiny or at least her family. She had magic too, Malfurian could sense an elemental magic, storm magic. She was skilled too, this Elf would also be hard to kill, but not imposable.

The third figure came in to focus a Blood elf? no there was something different about him, he was half human. a powerful mix if he ever realised his potential... there was a reason Elves and humans were forbidden to mate, and Malfurian could remember why the law had been passed 1000's of years ago. Malfurian was about to go back to the elf named Thorn when he noticed the sword. "Marchel!" he hisses looking down to where his hand had been severed. he remembered Lucius Marchel very well. he had entered Malfurians abode and killed every Vampire that was there. Only Malfuria, had escaped, and had lost his hand that day.

He screamed to his underlings to send word to the other clan leaders. These four had to die, and he would drink the blood of this Thorn and the son of Marchel, he would have is power and his revenge.

"My command tent is large enough to accommodate all four of us comfortably while we talk. I suggest we go there for this discussion so we aren't interrupted by any of the enlisted men. I need to hear a full explanation of what's going on before I make up my mind about anything." He grabbed the reins of his horse and began to lead it towards his tent, not looking to see if the others were following.

Thorn stood. She hesitated but followed. She sat down in the tent. "Ha, in other words were all gonna die. This is a bigger threat then you think. One we didn't get all of them one ran off. So that means it reported back to whoever, two when they did this, they were in formed of Treborns sword as well. Its holy, and it holds history. There gonna want him dead too. I don't know anything else."

"Explain how you're involved in all this. Why you? And how do we cure you? I admit I don't know much about vampires other than killing them. As for dieing? I'm not concerned about that, I've looked death in the eye and survived before, I didn't come away unscathed but I yet draw breath."

Thorn sighed. "It's my blood. They're stronger when they have it and they can walk in plain daylight. I guess they decided to kill my family so all was equal. But I lived. And that's why it's me. There is a cure. But the task isn't easy. We have to all kill four vampire clan leaders. We just killed the weakest, Kust. Then the army is stationed near a cave to the east. Where a stone called "The Bloodstone" is at. I don't know if it's protected or not. Then a priest will have to free me. It's a old and dangerous ritual. I have to do this in 12 days or I can't change. Ever." Thorn sighed.

Ella tended Thorn's wound, once she was done she nodded at Rodrick's suggestion to retire to his larger tent to finish the discussion and make plans.

Once they had all gathered inside the tent Ella and the others listened intently as Thorn spoke of the vampires as well as how to deal with them, Ella looked at the Halfling, thinking;

"I will keep him close, he has strength and power, just doesn't have the experience. It would be a great lose if he was killed before his full potential became known. There is much more to all of this then just a few vampires wanting to get their hands Thorn, I can feel it in my bones and this halfling is a part of it."

Once Thorn was done talking, Ella glanced over at Roderick,

"Roderick since you have a great deal of fighting experience, I put you in charge of this mission. I suggest we head for that cave Thorn mentioned, time is not going to be on our side. Once we have the Bloodstone in our possession, then we go after the three remaining vampire leaders. Thorn here will be responsible for collecting of their blood."

She looked to Roderick for approval before going on,

"If we get that far, we'll need another meeting to see about finding a priest for the rest of the ritual. In the meantime there is much to do, I suggest we get any early start in the morning."

When she was done, Ella cast her gaze at Treborin ordering,

"Halfling, you will set your tent up next to mine, I want to keep an eye on you. In the morning, make me a quick breakfast and while I eat, I expect you to dismantle my tent, pack all my belongings up and you will carry them along with you own on your horse. You are the least experienced soldier here, and so will be doing a fair amount of the menial jobs that need to be routinely carried out."

She stared at his surprised face for a few moments before adding,

"Do you have a problem with this?"

"I already promised to train the young half-elf. I'll be taking him on as my squire." His tone and gaze left no room for argument as he looked at the elf, he then look to the other two, "if we'really going to do this and do it right we need to have all have an idea of what the others in this little group are capable of. I've an idea of what you're capable of Treborin, the two elves though? Not so much."

"I specialize in, stealth, traps, locks and dexterity." Thorn replied. "The cave is about half a day away, perhaps we should try to rest before we set out? Although if we are I volunteer to take watch." As she was already dragging them on this, she wasn't gonna have them lose sleep.

Treborin was listening to everything, he was looking forward to the training, but thought Ella was being unfair... He was a soldier now, squire to Roderick. He would obey her orders, but still he thought her orders were uncalled for and unjust. He had killed three vampires and she had done nothing that he was aware of.

It was getting late, and Treborin was trying not to yawn. He didn't want to show the others he was tiered, but he hadn't slept in two days, and the fighting vampires had left him tiered, and he still had to set up a tent... He didn't have a tent. "well that solves that problem," he thought.

He looked over at Ella, he couldn't get over the fact she was an elf, and a arrogant one who was now barking orders at him.
He then looked at Thorn, unlike Ella, he wanted to help her. she was an elf, but he felt sorry for her plight, 12 days was not long, and the vampire clan leaders could be anywhere.

He hoped he could help, but the task seemed almost imposable. He turned back to Ella, "Er... mam do you need me to do anything tonight, or shall I retire?" He asked, then he looked at Roderick, "Un less you wish anything of me sir."

Ella glanced at Roderick for a few moments before speaking,

"Halfling you are indeed squire to Roderick, but when not in training, you will be responsible to carry out my orders. Is that clear? Yes you definitely will be reporting to the two of us, I am confident you can manage to do all that we require of you."

Bowing her head slightly to Thorn, and Roderick, Ella turned and made her way back to her tent, lifting the flap she bend down quickly stepped inside and let the flap close behind her. Taking a deep breath, she hoped that the coming days were not as troubled as today had been. As she lay back down in her now cooled sleeping mat, she wondered if she would eventually come in contact with any of her father's elves. She felt rather then knew, they would still be searching for her. Now with this vampire situation in front of them, life could undeniably become a lot more complicated. With these thoughts in her mind she found it hard to fall asleep.

But it had been a long day, so eventually tiredness got he better of her, and she slept.

"Before first light you will brush and feed my horse then come to me to begin your training, other than I have nothing for you." He walked over to the flap of his tent and lifted it for the other two to walk out. Once alone he took his armor off and lit a single candle before putting out his lantern. He knelt on a .at in front of the candle and slowly unwound the black cloth on his left arm to reveal an appendage that, to appearences, was made of a bright silvery metal. Hands clasped in front of him he closed his eyes and began to mutter under his breath, he would spend what was left of the night in meditation.

Thorn sat at the embers thinking. No more secrets. Nothing. Yet this Rodrick was hiding something. Thorn looked at her skin as it grew paler. She felt ears as a burning sensation went through them. Round. She felt her face. It was more rounded, less pointy. The braclet burned. The braclet! It was doing something to her. Changing her. She was...human?!. She had to get it off, now. She put her hand to the embers. Her hand started to burn but she didn't care. Blisters started to form, she clenched her jaw, the metal began to glow Orange then red. Using her dagger, she cut it in half and ripped it from her wrist, throwing it in the fire. Her face felt differant, her hair. She sighed, she got out her old thief uniform. And put it on. Then stayed up the whole night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
Treborin walked behind Ella's tent, he supposed this is where she had meant for him to pitch his tent, if he had one. "At least it isn't raining," he joked to himself.

He sat on the floor resting his head against a large rock and closed his eyes. he knew he didn't have long before he had to get up. he had to brush and feed Roderick's horse, then prepare Ella's Breakfast, then do everything else she wanted done. He hoped he could get some training, before they had to head out, but he had a feeling that he would have to wait until later.

Treborin opened his eyes again. he could see Thorn sitting very close to the fire. his eyes felt heavy, and finally they gave out, closing again as he fell asleep.

The runes on his charm glowed as he slept, but was so faint no one noticed.

Thorn walked to each tent, "Wake up"... "Wake up" , "Wake up". She said walking to each and every tent and kicking them. "It's sunrise and we best get to the cave before dark." She stopped out the fire. Watching a bunny go bye, she picked it up with great speed and bit into it. Sucking it dry. She threw it, And saw her bracelet was now wrapped tightly around her gloved hand. "Great." She said.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
Treborin, herd a girl shouting "Wake up"... "Wake up" , "Wake up, and he opened his eyes. the sun had risen, it took him a few moments to realise this was a bad thing.

He jumped up and rushed over to Roderick's horse. He had lots of experiences with horses, as he had lived in a stable for a couple of years. He prepared the horses feed, and brushed the strong, black horse, while he ate. Then he ran to the food bags. "Elves don't eat as much as humans, and they respect nature so most are vegetarian" he thought to himself as he grabbed some chunky bread, and fruit.

He hoped this would keep Ella of his back, but knew what ever he did it would be wrong. "she probably one of those elves who eat meet and eggs, or even weirder one that eats tree bark and nothing else." He ran back to Ella's tent, passing a young woman he didn't recognise, and walked in, the bread and fruit on a plate for her inspection.

Back