Who Blew Up At The Bridge?

Recall this all started out as a pick-up truck full of explosives. The old saying to disregard initial reports of events because they are almost all wrong holds true here.

This is the thing that makes it so difficult at least in America to get shit done. We've had basically my entire life or people, mostly the Right both sides do it making the default for media reports to think they're lying to you. Additionally that we're a collectively too dumb to tell the difference between an outright lie, breaking news, biases and the occasional genuine mistake.

This may turn out to be a terrorist attack. It was a pretty crappy one as the last few years have shown any clown with a gun can rack up a better kill count and walk away. None of the stories nor anything on CNN or Fox has said anything about injuries or arrests unless I missed something which is possible.

Either way I'm all for checking multiple sources. While obviously history doesn't actually repeat itself you can look at trends both long term and short and make educated guesses about how things are most likely to have gone down.

A great example of looking at history is 9/11. Part of why the attacks were successful is that in the past plane highjackings happen. Its a fact of life. They had pretty much all been people trying to get to nonextradition countries and weren't trying to hurt really anybody. Whatever they had done before was whatever they did before that's not an endorsement so much as people who have no good reason to be worried about being on a suicide flight don't grab luggage and bum rush terrorists.

Media Savvy should be a required class so people can see through the BS.

But it appears to be some kind of professional sports figure and I'm pretty sure you don't own the copyrights which makes it a Lit rules violation.
Thank you for informing. Is this better? Within standards?

Funny thing was I couldn't confirm this last night cus other obligations but I knew already that something like this was what happened and that it probably wasn't terrorism. If only two people die and no mentions of suspects, arrests of even injuries it seemed pretty cut and dry to me. It will be interesting to see if there were drugs/alcohol in the driver.

But it appears to be some kind of professional sports figure and I'm pretty sure you don't own the copyrights which makes it a Lit rules violation.
I guess this does fall in line? 🤷‍♀️. Okden 👍

News tonight that the Dali radioed the Harbor Police that they were have electrical problems and losing the ability to steer.

ABC shows isolated footage of police stopping traffic from the first major bridge structure, unaware that the domino effect would bring the whole fucking thing down.

Jewish Space Lasers have not been conclusively ruled out at this hour either, btw.

A “fender” would not have stopped this!
Or… if they could .. and they can’t.. the previous president should have passed an infrastructure bill!

A pier… as deep as the bridge’s? Maybe that would work. Maybe 2? 5??

All bridges need bollards!! Like some bus stops need them now!

Or?

All boats need a tug boat next to them when near older bridges without “fenders”

And drivers near bus stops should not go over the curbs of the street !!

A “fender” would not have stopped this!
Or… if they could .. and they can’t.. the previous president should have passed an infrastructure bill!

A pier… as deep as the bridge’s? Maybe that would work. Maybe 2? 5??

All bridges need bollards!! Like some bus stops need them now!

Or?

All boats need a tug boat next to them when near older bridges without “fenders”

And drivers near bus stops should not go over the curbs of the street !!
Perhaps not. I’ll let the structural engineers figure it out. What we do know is that fender systems are not new, and have proven effective elsewhere. The Golden Gate Bridge, constructed in 1937 has one. The SF Bay Bridge withstood a collision at 10 knots in 2007. I read the FSK bridge collision happened at 8 knots.

In the past 20 years, there have been two significant “maritime allisions” — the term used to describe a moving ship hitting a bridge — in the Bay Area. Both occurred at the Bay Bridge. In 2007, a container ship called the Cosco Busan hit the bridge’s fender at the second tower west of Yerba Buena Island.
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/could-sf-golden-gate-bridge-collapse-19370020.php

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory...vehicle-explosion-bridge-connecting-105103669

Photos and video taken by bystanders and posted on social media showed thick smoke, flames on the pavement and a security booth that had been singed by flames.
Videos showed that the fire was in a U.S. Customs and Border Protection area just east of the main vehicle checkpoint.

Speaking to WGRZ-TV, Mike Guenther said he saw a vehicle speeding toward the crossing from the U.S. side of the border when it swerved to avoid another car, crashed into a fence and exploded.
Inside job.

I think this will cause a supply chain problem because a huge amount of goods come through that port.

I don't know yet if it was a deliberate act of sabotage or an accident.

It is the sort of hybrid warfare attack that someone with a reason might do. But we just don't know yet.

Who might want to cause supply chain issues, and If so, will there be more attacks. Or other types of attack.

Yep. Wrong bridge. The FSK is not on a border. No cars burst into flames... The bridge everyone seems to be talking about here traversed the river to complete a ### 'loop' around Baltimore. Baltimore Harbor is on the inland side. It was an amazing structure. The ride over was interesting. I enjoyed fishing with it in view a few times. But by 1999 those areas were taken over by drug addicts and hookers. No longer safe.
I can see oBiden cleaning up the debris to get the harbor functional again.
But why our tax dollars to rebuild the bridge? Let MD deal with it, same as oBiden did Palestine after the train wreck damaged all the homes and water supply.
Baltimore is a lost cause anyway. They never paid a dime for all the damage Freddy Gray caused in rioting and looting across the country. And all in defense of a drug powered ADHD counterfeiter. For now it is the democrat ruin of another great US city. This just adds to the shrine. They have 13,000 town homes for sale 1$ each and cannot sell them.
For sure with all the climate BS he has been pushing the bridge won't be enabling polluters.
Don't spend US dollars on the bridge and stop sending US dollars to Ukraine!

I think this will cause a supply chain problem because a huge amount of goods come through that port.

I don't know yet if it was a deliberate act of sabotage or an accident.

It is the sort of hybrid warfare attack that someone with a reason might do. But we just don't know yet.

Who might want to cause supply chain issues, and If so, will there be more attacks. Or other types of attack.

Don’t be a conspiracy nut. The ship lost power.

Yep. Wrong bridge. The FSK is not on a border. No cars burst into flames... The bridge everyone seems to be talking about here traversed the river to complete a ### 'loop' around Baltimore. Baltimore Harbor is on the inland side. It was an amazing structure. The ride over was interesting. I enjoyed fishing with it in view a few times. But by 1999 those areas were taken over by drug addicts and hookers. No longer safe.
I can see oBiden cleaning up the debris to get the harbor functional again.
But why our tax dollars to rebuild the bridge? Let MD deal with it, same as oBiden did Palestine after the train wreck damaged all the homes and water supply.
Baltimore is a lost cause anyway. They never paid a dime for all the damage Freddy Gray caused in rioting and looting across the country. And all in defense of a drug powered ADHD counterfeiter. For now it is the democrat ruin of another great US city. This just adds to the shrine. They have 13,000 town homes for sale 1$ each and cannot sell them.
For sure with all the climate BS he has been pushing the bridge won't be enabling polluters.
Don't spend US dollars on the bridge and stop sending US dollars to Ukraine!
It's part of an interstate system, so the fed has a heavy hand in fixing it.... The state pays a bit.

News tonight that the Dali radioed the Harbor Police that they were have electrical problems and losing the ability to steer.

ABC shows isolated footage of police stopping traffic from the first major bridge structure, unaware that the domino effect would bring the whole fucking thing down.

Jewish Space Lasers have not been conclusively ruled out at this hour either, btw.
ABC is owned by Disney.

Have you ever been to Baltimore? I’ve been several times in my life, including once earlier this year.

It’s a fine city. Nothing like the derogatory descriptions made by people who have never been there.

Have you ever been to Baltimore? I’ve been several times in my life, including once earlier this year.

It’s a fine city. Nothing like the derogatory descriptions made by people who have never been there.
I have been there often. More often since about 1994. Before that I used to stop off 95 and visit some great bars and eat crabs. '94 I discovered watching a ball game at Camden Yards was a blast. Not far from Philly the history was really cool to take in too. Baltimore once was a great city. Have a look at "The Wire" series on HBO. Not far from reality at all. If you are coming in on 70 headed to 95 north and miss 695, do not stop at any red lights. I have not stopped in Bmore any lately. My last trip really downtown was a tour I liked to take people on because of the history. Start at Patterson park. You could not see what the soldiers saw because of the buildings and trees. But a short walk up the pagoda and you could. Then we would walk down to the Canton or Fells Point. The last time I tried that was 2014 a week after the 200th Anniversary of The Star Spangled Banner. Did not feel safe even driving those routes in the car. Walking in the park was not comfortable either. the grass was cut but had mostly grown over side walks. All the restrooms were locked and covered with graffiti. Surrounded by zombie like people that lumbered in your direction on first sight. I have been to the harbor a few times after that. It is mostly tourist junk now. Not the good food and fun it used to be.
So sorry reality sounds derogatory to you. I miss the city.
I miss being able to walk freely around DC too. For a few years 2012-2014 you could walk in DC. I did for lunch every day I went in. Preferred working at home but also enjoyed lunch with work friends and on nice days walking from monument to monument. A solar eclipse and the WWII era plane fly by were great days too. By the end of the obama regime they had closed off the reflecting pool so it was near impossible to gather in front of Lincoln Memorial. It was also difficult to walk from the Washington Monument past Korea Vietnam and Lincoln before rounding the Tidal Basin for the Cherry Blossoms. The National Mall was cut off in several places. All these made it difficult to walk in a single stretch. After 2016 much of this opened up. Now that obiden is in the Capitol is lined off. You are no longer allowed on the steps. To walk around now includes several extra blocks and heavy traffic. A simple walk I used to enjoy was from the Library of Congress to the Capitol. A short walk now a maze of barriers and sight obstructions with a bum at every turn.

Back