Who are you?

"I yam who I yam and that's all that I yam." - The Philosopher Sailor
Just a regular guy, disabled veteran who has the bad habit of picking expensive hobbies: Model Railroading, Ham Radio, now Antique Lionel trains. I've always loved writing unfortunately I had to wait 40 years to find a teacher that encouraged my desire to write. The nuns in school were no better than the teachers in high school, they didn't want creativity, they wanted compliance. Went to college and enjoyed it a lot, went back for the second semester and found that the entire graphic arts department was deleted. I was working 3 part time jobs because there were no full time jobs available so I joined the USAF for a break. I spent the next 20 years loading bombs on fighters and bombers.

Back in the civilian world I did what anyone else who loaded bombs for a living is qualified - I got a job working for a cable company, ended up as a conditional access engineer. 20 years later I retired from that too, but how I'm torn down with several chronic ailments and I find writing cathartic.

I've never been able to figure out what's going on in that thread enough to figure out where to jump in.

It's just a roundtable about everything and nothing at all. Jump in any time and blurt something out. Think about it like it says, as a coffee shop, where friends are gathered just chatting about the day's events or whatever is on their minds at the moment, coming and going at random. There are no starting or stopping points.

I don't think there's really such a thing as a "normal person", but for lack of a better term, that's what I'll call myself. My background is technical so I'm also very analytical in everything I do. I read a lot, and when I found literotica decided I could probably write too. I write what I know from personal experience or from significant research, and I write to please myself. That I seem to be able to please readers just adds to the pleasure of writing.

I’m a professional writer and I have been so for more that 60 years. For the first 50 or so of those years I led a pretty interesting life. Then, eleven years ago, I was told that I had months to live. Against all predictions, I’m still here – although not much of me works any more. But my brain still ticks over. And my fingers still sort of work. I may still be here tomorrow. Who knows? :)
Please stay a while longer. We have all the time in the world :heart:

Please stay a while longer. We have all the time in the world :heart:
He doesn't and when he finally takes the huff and leaves us, our lives will be the poorer. I won't 'blow smoke up his ass' (curious mental image) because he'll get bashful or start going on about the old days.
Sam:heart:

I don't make a secret of who I am, but neither do I give away details that would prove useful to a stalker. I already know about them and how they work. With governments everywhere trying to manage our bodies, minds and souls I'm not to give them shit for free here.

I don't make a secret of who I am, but neither do I give away details that would prove useful to a stalker. I already know about them and how they work. With governments everywhere trying to manage our bodies, minds and souls I'm not to give them shit for free here.
When I was young I was stupidly open on the Internet. Then I hit my early thirties and got really paranoid. These days I'm really glad that most of the places where my earlier shenanigans went on have gone away before the dragnets came. I watch the children of less paranoid friends spill the gems of themselves out in front of the world in indelible ink and feel sad for them. They will never know how liberating it was to be entirely anonymous.

I would be happy to give an answer but am too busy scratching my sexual itches while trying to forget how bad all the CSI shows were. Didn't The Who have a song called Who Are You?
All the CSI shows used songs by The Who for their themes.

See my profile and Og's Blog (10 hchapters so far) for my early days. And updates on oggbashan's health for my current problems with cancer.

I habve been writing erotica for nearly 25 years.

It's all trash, but very much Original > Miami > NY. The Vegas guys can act occasionally, Miami has a bit of eye candy plus Caruso's sunglasses (have a shot when he pokes them), NY forgot the script and the acting.

Fun trashy telly has you shouting abuse at the characters. Bad trashy telly is just boring.
I never got into the CSI franchises.
My ex-girlfriend loved them though, so that's how I know about them.
I just wanna make Emily Procter walk bow-legged for a month.

I’m a professional writer and I have been so for more that 60 years. For the first 50 or so of those years I led a pretty interesting life. Then, eleven years ago, I was told that I had months to live. Against all predictions, I’m still here – although not much of me works any more. But my brain still ticks over. And my fingers still sort of work. I may still be here tomorrow. Who knows? :)
As a professional writer you should know the axiom "million to one shots pay off nine times out of ten"
Ticking on borrowed time can get interesting, hang in there dude.

Did someone link to this yet? "I woke up in a Soho doorway, a policeman knew my name."

He doesn't and when he finally takes the huff and leaves us, our lives will be the poorer. I won't 'blow smoke up his ass' (curious mental image) because he'll get bashful or start going on about the old days.

One digression: at my age I'm aware that any of us could take a huff at any moment. As firefighters say, "This could be the day." And youth won't protect us. Earthquakes, jack-knifed tractor trailers, stray bullets fired by jealous boyfriends (or girlfriends), the list is endless. People have been safe in their houses when an airplane comes through the wall; it's happened many times. I know I sound morbid, but I"m just being realistic I think. And it's oddly - what's the word, liberating? "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."

Last edited:

Second digression: people get very sloppy on social media. The rapper PnB Rock was apparently killed because someone traced an Instagram photo he made of his meal at some waffle house in Los Angeles. He just had to say who he was and where he was.

The non-famous can get stalkers too of course. I sometimes wonder if I've gone too far on Lit. With my bio and my stories, you could probably trace me within a half-mile. I suppose the fact that I'm surrounded by thousands, or tens of thousands of "neighbors" gives me cover - or so I think.

My ex-wife did a dumb thing by posting her address - it's on some Amazon shipping label - on Facebook. I think I'm going to tell her to remove it.

Too late for the government - I'm already listed on various social programs. I've traded my privacy for money (not that much money, of course!)

Second digression: people get very sloppy on social media. The rapper PnB Rock was apparently killed because someone traced an Instagram photo he made of his meal at some waffle house in Los Angeles. He just had to say who he was and where he was.

The non-famous can get stalkers too of course. I sometimes wonder if I've gone too far on Lit. With my bio and my stories, you could probably trace me within a half-mile. I suppose the fact that I'm surrounded by thousands, or tens of thousands of "neighbors" gives me cover - or so I think.

My ex-wife did a dumb thing by posting her address - it's on some Amazon shipping label - on Facebook. I think I'm going to tell her to remove it.
I've been watching some YT stuff on Ukraine where nerds have 'geo-located' a bit of video, then BOOM the unit gets smithereened.

Geeks can set up software to vacuum up details about individuals from all over the web. Government agencies do it, newspapers, police do it, so why not the bad guys? WhatsApp is encrypted but that's not much use if a group user saves it all to hard drive and hands it to Rupert Murdoch.
AC0433-0000046.jpg

Fucking hate Murdoch and don't care if he reads it!! :)

I've been watching some YT stuff on Ukraine where nerds have 'geo-located' a bit of video, then BOOM the unit gets smithereened.

Geeks can set up software to vacuum up details about individuals from all over the web. Government agencies do it, newspapers, police do it, so why not the bad guys? WhatsApp is encrypted but that's not much use if a group user saves it all to hard drive and hands it to Rupert Murdoch.

Fucking hate Murdoch and don't care if he reads it!! :)
The only thing that saves us is that somebody has to analyze all of that collected data and decide what to do with it. So far, we haven't reached the point of say, the East German Stasi, who would have had the time and the resources to figure it all out. But they disappeared just as the digital age got going. I don't want to imagine what goes on in North Korea right now. But yes, I can't find a quote on it, but information is the most powerful weapon in war. (Okay, I said it!) Oh, I'm digressing again.

I never got into the CSI franchises.
My ex-girlfriend loved them though, so that's how I know about them.
I just wanna make Emily Procter walk bow-legged for a month.
Just curious, I hope your ex-girlfriend didn't know about your interest in Emily Proctor. That isn't the reason she's an ex, is it? ;)

Last edited:
The only thing that saves us is that somebody has to analyze all of that collected data and decide what to do with it. So far, we haven't reached the point of say, the East German Stasi, who would have had the time and the resources to figure it all out. But they disappeared just as the digital age got going. I don't want to imagine what goes on in North Korea right now. But yes, I can't find a quote on it, but information is the most powerful weapon in war. (Okay, I said it!) Oh, I'm digressing again.
Did you know there are hundreds of volunteers in E Germany who pains-takingly took documents shredded in a panic in the dying days of the Stasi and re-assembled them? They're still doing it apparently

I've never been able to figure out what's going on in that thread enough to figure out where to jump in.
I wouldn't know either. It's got over 4,000 posts already. I'm not that invested in Lit to spend that much time on it.

Just curious, I hope your ex-girlfriend didn't know about your interest in Emily Proctor. That isn't the reason she's an ex, is it? ;)
She knew.
I never hid my celebrity crushes from my ex's or my wife.
Hell, my wife would LOVE for one of them to take me off her hands for a week or two. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back