when your smut is a fanfic...

sapphyrix

Fetish Artist
when your smut is a fanfic, but it's a fanfic of a child friendly family IP, do you ever struggle more to imagine in-character sexual actions, because you have less to go on than if it was a fanfic of something where characters were allowed to be sexy and suggestive? 😂
or stuff like "oh this character doesn't canonically swear... but they're in a rated-E-for-everyone first party Nintendo game, so they can't swear in canon. if this character was in a game rated T or M, would they then swear??"

I've been working on and off on a Disney erotica series, spoofing various movies. I have changed the stories and characters slightly to make it work better for my purposes. I started with the little mermaid but that has been a struggle. Figuring out mermaid sex is a challenge.

So, to answer your question, from my perspective, if a character is doing something they wouldn't normally do in their IP (e.g., Ariel and Eric having sex), their mannerisms and language should reflect the different actions

All the time. As a fanfic writer, I tell myself repeatedly that my characters are not the people on whom they are based. They’re parallel universe versions of them with different sexual mindsets. Thank goodness parody is protected speech.

It should be mentioned that per Lit rules you cannot age up characters that were under age in the source material.

This put the kibosh on a Peter Pan story that I've been wanting to do, sadly.
yeah, i don't post it on literotica, just ao3 lol
although i don't think peach/bowser are underage in source material? <_<

yeah, i don't post it on literotica, just ao3 lol
although i don't think peach/bowser are underage in source material? <_<

There is a Princess Peach story on Lit. Here’s a link- https://www.literotica.com/s/virtual-reality-super-mario

Lit specifically disallows Disney, Simpsons, Archie, and Harry Potter erotic fanfic stories. Along with anything else intended for kids. But apparently some things are allowed for the adult fans. [shrug]

There is a Princess Peach story on Lit. Here’s a link- https://www.literotica.com/s/virtual-reality-super-mario

Lit specifically disallows Disney, Simpsons, Archie, and Harry Potter erotic fanfic stories. Along with anything else intended for kids. But apparently some things are allowed for the adult fans. [shrug]
i found a peach x bowser story somewhere on here that was pretty good once!
my peach x bowsette f/f story is on ao3.... idk if i would put it on here but maybe???
my other dirty-ish fanfic is a crossover where one of the fandoms is legend of zelda. but i wouldn't consider it smut at all? it's mostly slapstick sexual humor and suggestive situations with nudity and groping, and there's like one and a half actual sex scenes in 99k words O_O

There are multiple Zelda stories here too. I’ve also found plenty of stories involving Emma Watson, He-Man and She-Ra, and other stuff that was originally marketed to youngsters. I’ve also been allowed to mention Keira Knightley and Keri Russell’s work for Disney in my stories involving them. That may have been because the ladies in question were already of age at the time of submission. I think it’s ultimately up to Laurel what is allowed. Good luck with your work and getting it past her, should you try.

There are multiple Zelda stories here too. I’ve also found plenty of stories involving Emma Watson, He-Man and She-Ra, and other stuff that was originally marketed to youngsters. I’ve also been allowed to mention Keira Knightley and Keri Russell’s work for Disney in my stories involving them. That may have been because the ladies in question were already of age at the time of submission. I think it’s ultimately up to Laurel what is allowed. Good luck with your work and getting it past her, should you try.
wouldn't the mcs of zelda break the no-aging-up rule?
i might try the peach x bowsette one day but the other one............ no.................... :p

I always considered Link and Zelda of adult age. Can’t speak for other fans.
in botw at least it was explicitly stated 17? which means they're finally of age in totk but still does that even count
my zelda crossover fic ages up (or........ actually down in the case of ganondorf) all the mcs of both series to 18, since most of the mcs of the other series are 15-17 in the original japanese (the american localization just removes the ages, they're still all high school girls being shown naked and such but since no one SAID they're 15 then i guess... they're... not?)

High school seniors are allowed. Same for teenagers who state explicitly they are eighteen and above. It’s how I got Xiao Qiao into my Dynasty Warriors story. Ultimately it’s up to Laurel, not anyone else, what is allowed.

i guess that makes sense, and yeah it is ultimately up to her, but 2 of those rules seem slightly contradictory? like do they have to be 18yo in the story HERE? or also in the source material too??

the other game series is like. its awful im not kidding xD
what's her age.png

I think it’s ultimately up to Laurel. But if you want to feature Padme from Star Wars, make sure she’s the version from Episode Two or Three. Just to be safe.

when your smut is a fanfic, but it's a fanfic of a child friendly family IP, do you ever struggle more to imagine in-character sexual actions, because you have less to go on than if it was a fanfic of something where characters were allowed to be sexy and suggestive? 😂
or stuff like "oh this character doesn't canonically swear... but they're in a rated-E-for-everyone first party Nintendo game, so they can't swear in canon. if this character was in a game rated T or M, would they then swear??"
No. No I don't. I imagine most fanfic writers don't either. How canon do you want them, do you want to add in a bit a realism? Are there characters that probably wouldn't curse, sure, are there ones that definitely would, sure. I can't picture Max Tennyson ever cussing, Kevin Levin, however, probably wants to so bad, Ben and Gwen; here and there.

It should be mentioned that per Lit rules you cannot age up characters that were under age in the source material.

This put the kibosh on a Peter Pan story that I've been wanting to do, sadly.
Which is why I don't put any here. My whole forray into fan fics was to take a break from here, anyway.

Back