What is it like to have childhood friends?

JohnSm123

Loves Spam
I have never had friends, and now that I'm no longer a child, it's too late to get childhood friends, so I'll never know what it's like to have one of those.

What it was like...

It was like having somebody else working out how the world works with you. Jiving on things like music and philosophy and principles and art, but let's be honest mainly music. That joy of knowing somebody else loved something as much as you did. Learning about yourself with somebody else discovering themself at the same time.

I'm truly sorry you missed out on that.

You are not doomed to anything. There is no eternal oblivion any more than a heaven or hell. You will simply cease to be. Like snuffing a candle. Why does that frighten you? I find it comforting.

You are not doomed to anything. There is no eternal oblivion any more than a heaven or hell. You will simply cease to be. Like snuffing a candle. Why does that frighten you? I find it comforting.
Yup.

I tell people "You have ever have one of those nights where you slept so deeply? No dreams, no going to the bathroom, just peaceful oblivion?

That's what I feel awaits us in death. We'll no longer be, but won't be aware of it.

Or we reincarnate. But there is a book written for people on the outside, fringes, lonely paths, etc.: The Tao te Ching.

I moved around a lot and (believe it or not) was extremely shy as a child. I had the neighborhood kids that I played with..it was awesome...we were like traveling chaos we played..built forts...u know... stuff that kids do. They taught me how to ride a bike, play volleyball and softball. Without them I don't know what I would've done. i am truly sorry u missed out on that.
*Question -Doh u have problems socializing now, as an adult?
I only ask because I learned how to do it with my friends I had growing up.
I also learned how to resolve issues in a peer setting with them.
Thanks

Yeah. We definitely faught like family. But we also were together every waking hour that we weren't at school or asleep.

I have a friend from my first day of school, I’m now 50. I moved when I got out of middle school (15). I have two friends that I met at that school, I still to this day have those same friends. I used to travel for work and my wife and I have met people in several states, we still reach out to them once in a while.

I have never had friends, and now that I'm no longer a child, it's too late to get childhood friends, so I'll never know what it's like to have one of those.
Oh, you dodged a bullet there... Absolutely bloody horrible, the bastards never leave you alone, always wanting something from you - time, money, favours like helping them shift their furniture 'because we were in Mrs Sewell's class together', or having to attend their weddings to their dull-as-ditchwater wives that you have to pretend to like because its 'polite'. You're best off out of it, and don't let anyone tell you any different. You should count your blessings that you're alone.

*Question -Doh u have problems socializing now, as an adult?
I've never had a social life, I've never had a girlfriend, I've never had sex, I've never kissed, I've never had anything. And in my 37, I think it's too late for any of that. What frustrates me is that there is no afterlife, so I'll never have a chance again. And even if I can still socialize and bond with people, it's meaningless, since death will separate us forever.

Do yo have a brother? Sister? It’s like that. You grew up together. At 69, I’ve got a friend that is truly like my brother. There’s not a day in my life I can remember where I didn’t know him. While we don’t talk daily, we text often. We live a half a country apart but if either called the other in a need, we’d be there for one another

Back