What is crossing your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only got 2 people on ignore .. one because for some reason he posts my name on the general board along with like 200 other playgrounders for people to spam and we've never spoken a word to one another. NOOOOO Idea

And the other is because it's just easier.

I have a ride along with my Regional Vice President tomorrow and Tuesday. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Hopefully things will go as well as planned.

I've only got 2 people on ignore .. one because for some reason he posts my name on the general board along with like 200 other playgrounders for people to spam and we've never spoken a word to one another. NOOOOO Idea

And the other is because it's just easier.
I don't have anyone on ignore.

I prefer to conduct a battle of wits with them, even if they are unarmed.

Plus I don't get that many messages anyway.

I'm not surprised.

Meltdown diverted, panic/fear taken care of, berating absorbed then expelled! Oh my this has been a fun afternoon!

Meltdown diverted, panic/fear taken care of, berating absorbed then expelled! Oh my this has been a fun afternoon!

Hang in there. Have you tried ABA therapy? It has worked a bit on my nephew. My sister's biggest problem is the focuing obsessively on one item. Like Cotton candy and asking for it end on end. Doesn't matter how you divert his attention it always comes back to the obsession

AFter reading that post, what kind of meltdown was diverted? Was it life threatening?

My son has Asperger's Syndrome. He was panicking because he has a molar coming in and he cut his gums playing with the new tooth with his finger nail. He thought that he had broken the tooth and was going to need a new one. I had to get him to calm down before he was in full blown meltdown mode. Then I had him rinse his mouth with salt water and took away the Doritos he was eating!

How about that massage??
Sure!
Hang in there. Have you tried ABA therapy? It has worked a bit on my nephew. My sister's biggest problem is the focuing obsessively on one item. Like Cotton candy and asking for it end on end. Doesn't matter how you divert his attention it always comes back to the obsession
He does get Behavioral Therapy and it is really helping him! A few months ago, I wouldn't have been able to get the meltdown diverted!

Sure!

He does get Behavioral Therapy and it is really helping him! A few months ago, I wouldn't have been able to get the meltdown diverted!

Yeah, I think the behavioral therapy has helped her a lot. Given her avenues to go down when a meltdown happens. Explaining why they happen and why conventional means do not work on children on the spectrum. Helps to understand how their minds work and that therapy does just that,.

Not saying it always works but it does a lot of the time.

Ah....wondering how to push, prod, scratch, get a reaction from people. But what kind of reaction? I'm not sure yet.

Ah....wondering how to push, prod, scratch, get a reaction from people. But what kind of reaction? I'm not sure yet.

Amazing how one little phrase or thought can cause the opposite of what you intended....or sometimes cause exactly what you intend.

Then we are a perfect match!!!

I'll have one waiting for you when it's time ...

;)

Everybody loves to see me drunk! My friend had me drunk almost the entire time we were in Myrtle Beach! She says I'm really happy with a bit of alcohol in me. What the hell am I when I don't have any in me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back