What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when the RWCJ here were warning us that raising taxes on the wealthy would lead to higher deficits and another recession?

Remember when the RWCJ here were warning us that raising taxes on the wealthy would lead to higher deficits and another recession?

They (probably) knew that was a lie, but they are very good at doing what they're told, and their handlers gave them information that they couldn't help but pass on.

Hey Koalabear, why didn't you go on vacation with Vetteman?
funny-sad-koala-tree1.jpg

Barely. It seems like another world. In that crazy world they were also telling us about hyper-inflation. Some said the stock market would go as low as 6k.

They (probably) knew that was a lie, but they are very good at doing what they're told, and their handlers gave them information that they couldn't help but pass on.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they honestly believed it. Yes they are good at following orders but I'm pretty sure they buy it.

NBC: Businesses, Unions And Schools All Warn Of Cuts In Hours Due To Obamacare…

And yet the Obama administration claims there is “no evidence” of workers hours being cut.

Thy are RACIST

Businesses claim Obamacare has forced them to cut employee hours

NBC News

Luke Perfect, who works at a Subway franchise in Kennebunk, Maine, expects to have his hours cut because his employer says offering him health insurance under Obamacare's employer mandate is too expensive.

By Lisa Myers and Carroll Ann Mears
NBC News

Employers around the country, from fast-food franchises to colleges, have told NBC News that they will be cutting workers’ hours below 30 a week because they can’t afford to offer the health insurance mandated by the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare.

“To tell somebody that you’ve got to decrease their hours because of a law passed in Washington is very frustrating to me,” said Loren Goodridge, who owns 21 Subway franchises, including a restaurant in Kennebunk. “I know the impact I’m having on some of my employees.”

Goodridge said he’s cutting the hours of 50 workers to no more than 29 a week so he won’t trigger the provision in the new health care law that requires employers to offer coverage to employees who work 30 hours or more per week. The provision takes effect in 16 months.

Luke Perfect, who has worked at Goodridge’s Kennebunk Subway for more than a decade, said it was “horrible” to learn he was among the employees whose hours would be limited, and that it would be a financial hardship. “I’m barely scraping by with overtime,” he said.

The White House dismisses such examples as "anecdotal." Jason Furman, chairman of the president’s Council of Economic Advisors, said, “We are seeing no systematic evidence that the Affordable Care Act is having an adverse impact on job growth or the number of hours employees are working. … ince the ACA became law, nearly 90 percent of the gain in employment has been in full-time positions.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the president of an influential union that supports Obamacare said the White House is wrong.

"It IS happening," insisted Joseph Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers union, which has 1.2 million members. "Wait a year. You'll see tremendous impact as workers have their hours reduced and their incomes reduced. The facts are already starting to show up. Their statistics, I think, are a little behind the time."

In a letter to Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill, Hansen joined other labor chieftains in warning that the ACA as presently written could “destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the middle class.”

NBC News spoke with almost 20 small businesses and other entities from Maine to California, and almost all said that because of the new law they’d be cutting back hours for some employees – an unintended consequence of the new law.

At St. Petersburg College, a public university in Florida where most of the faculty is part-time, 250 have had their hours reduced for the fall term because the college said it can’t afford to offer them health insurance.

St Petersburg’s president, Dr. Bill Law, said providing health care for the 250 adjunct professors would cost more than $777,000 dollars a year. "The cost associated with making a part-timer benefits-eligible really is not available to us as a public college,” said Law.

"I don't think anyone [passed the law] so they could make our life worse,” said Law. “They did it because people need access to health care."

Part-time math professor Tracey Sullivan said she will lose half her income because of the cuts.

"I never thought it would impact me directly,” said Sullivan. “I was stunned when I got the email...I love teaching at St. Pete College but that is a significant cut."

Many businesses are reluctant to talk about cutting hours for fear the public will view them as stingy or uncaring about their workers. But Goodridge said that many small businesses have very small profit margins and that while he already provides health insurance to senior employees, offering health insurance to many more workers would require him to pass a significant price increase on to his customers.

"The consumer only has so much money in their pocket," he said. "I just don't feel, knowing my customers and knowing my business, now is the time to be raising prices."

In July, the administration announced that it had delayed implementation of the “employer mandate,” which was supposed to take effect on Jan. 1. Now businesses with more than 50 workers will not be penalized for failing to offer insurance to full-time employees until Jan. 1, 2015.

Goodridge has given his Subway employees a reprieve until he hears more from the administration, but still plans to make cutbacks before the mandate kicks in. And other businesses that had already planned cuts have not necessarily delayed them. St. Petersburg college officials said they don’t want to undo the cuts they’ve already made only to revisit them next year.

While the small businesses and the union agree there's a problem, they disagree about the appropriate solution.

Some businesses want to raise the threshold to 40 hours. But Hansen said 40 hours would be a “gift to employers” that would simply allow them to continue to skirt the law by cutting workers off at 39 hours. Instead, Hansen and other union leaders have proposed lowering the threshold to 20 hours. They have also objected publicly to a tax provision of the ACA that impacts the health plans they already offer to some union members.

“We still support the act,” said Hansen. “It does an awful lot of good things. We just want the administration and Congress, if they can, to fix it.”

I don't see a problem. The workers can just get two 29 hour jobs and gain 18 hours. :)

yeah

but

if they go over a certain threshold by even $1

OBAMACARE will kick in extra FEW K costs

SOMEONE GOTTA PAY FO' MATHA'S Vineyard costs

Obama at MATH'ass Vinyard

the RICH get RICHER

the poor DIE

Wal-Mart sees 3Q EPS of $1.11 to $1.16

Wal-Mart cuts full-year EPS view to $5.10-$5.30

Wal-Mart U.S. comp sales fall 0.3%

Jobless Claims in U.S. Decline to Lowest Level Since 2007

Claims for jobless benefits unexpectedly dropped last week to the lowest level in almost six years, signaling the U.S. job market continues to mend.

LINK

Those who’ve used up their traditional benefits and are now collecting emergency and extended payments increased by about 36,700 to 1.55 million in the week ended July 27.

Jobless Claims in U.S. Decline to Lowest Level Since 2007

Claims for jobless benefits unexpectedly dropped last week to the lowest level in almost six years, signaling the U.S. job market continues to mend.

LINK

gee whiz

after SIX FUCKING years

its Down to ONLY 322,000 NEW UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE

Awesome

Give DA COLORED FOOL a HIGH 5

If they let you into MATH'ass VINYARD and you can find him

If not

Wait tll he gets back to the WH. You can visit him there!

Oh WAIT! THE SEE QUESTOR, Its NOT OPEN!

Maybe you can catch him on the links, then

just think, if YOU were a DOG, you could get your own plane an find him

It would seem AJ, the Vettebigot and the G-dless J-w Busybody have been lyin' to us!

Most new jobs since health care law passed are full time

Nearly 5 million new full time jobs, 700,000 part time jobs

Polifact rates this: TRUE

LINK

Busybody will be along shortly with one of his increasingly desperate attempts to attempt to deflect attention.

Opps

A pain that’s currently not covered under the law.

The White House dismisses such examples as “anecdotal.” Jason Furman, chairman of the president’s Council of Economic Advisors, said, “We are seeing no systematic evidence that the Affordable Care Act is having an adverse impact on job growth or the number of hours employees are working. … ince the ACA became law, nearly 90 percent of the gain in employment has been in full-time positions.”

But the president of an influential union that supports Obamacare said the White House is wrong.
“It IS happening,” insisted Joseph Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers union, which has 1.2 million members. “Wait a year. You’ll see tremendous impact as workers have their hours reduced and their incomes reduced. The facts are already starting to show up. Their statistics, I think, are a little behind the time.”

In a letter to Democratic leaders on Capitol Hill, Hansen joined other labor chieftains in warning that the ACA as presently written could “destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week that is the backbone of the middle class.”

Saying that the evidence is “anecdotal” does not mean it is false, but it’s a word that will probably mollify the Low Infos.

Until their hours are cut, of course.

The more pain part of this story is that the law isn’t even close to being fully implemented and it is already wreaking havoc with average workers, the lack of up to date studies notwithstanding (they’re coming though). Sky-high unemployment has plagued The Idiot King’s tenure and his vanity project is attacking jobs.

Four more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back