What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It worked pretty goddamn well for China— raising an entire nation of (then) a billion people out of grinding poverty and destitution.

That was accomplished by a devalued currency, and foreign investment, namely big box stores drove consumer goods production.

The US propped up an authoritarian regime, so that the multinationals involved could make a larger profit, and here you are using China as an example of what "to do"?

:rolleyes:

You know who's a great example of a "self made man"?

Our current president.

Yet, you'll never hear any of these "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" yokels mentioning that.

Warren I NEEDA PAY MO TAXES Buffet

Killed the paper

72 peeps are jobess

WHY DIDNT HE KEEP IT OPEN FROM THE MULTI BILLIONS HE HAS?

Manassas News & Messenger prints final edition
Tuesday - 1/1/2013, 12:21am ET
newsandmessengerkst.jpg The Manassas News & Messenger printed its final edition on Dec. 30. (Kathy Stewart/WTOP Photo)Kathy Stewart, wtop.com

WASHINGTON - The Manassas News & Messenger is no more. The paper printed its final edition after 143 years of covering the news in Prince William County, Manassas and Manassas Park Sunday.

The paper's parent company, the Warren Buffett-owned World Media Enterprises, decided to close the paper and its website InsideNoVa.com in November, saying the paper was losing money, was in a competitive news market, and "had a tough time finding the sense of community that a community newspaper needs to prosper."

World Media Enterprises purchased the paper, as well as several others, from Media General in June. The News & Messenger has been the only paper closed after the purchase so far.

All employees lost their jobs, and 72 other jobs have been cut in the company.

Two local weekly print newspapers were created within weeks of the announced closing to fill the void left by the News & Messenger.

Times Community Media will launch the Prince William Times on Jan. 9, 2013. Prince William Today will print its first edition on Jan. 10, 2013.

Northern Virginia Media Services, which owns Prince William Today, now owns the InsideNoVa website and Facebook page.

I think it wouldn't have made NO DIFFERENCE to Buffet to keep it open

WANT ME TO QUOTE YOU ON THE HOSTESS THING?

(the extra taxes WB wants to pay, coulda funded the loses)

I'm trying not to ruin my New Year's by arguing on the gb. But here's what I think. Any man that refers to a woman either as a slut or a cunt or bitch, for whatever reason, has a teeny tiny dick to match his teeny tiny brain.

Anyway, I'm going to have a glass of wine for New Year's..If you're going to respond, do so in a way that I don't spit my wine out. Have a good New Years. :)

wrong

LIB LOON

I have a HUGE PP

Wanna see?

unxplained-photo-1225258428-35226.jpg

BB, your pic confirmrd my suspiciions about both parts of your anatomy. Jen's commentt confirmed my suspicions that you and she are the same.

Happy New Year! States Get Hit by 400 New Regulations...

876 New Laws in California... :rolleyes:

CBO ON FISCAL CLIFF DEAL: $1 in Spending Cuts for Every $41 in Tax Increases.

the new MAFF

When did Obama sign a budget bill?

In the absence of an annual budget each branch of the Federal government instead goes through an annual appropriations process which ends in a bill. The president presents a funding proposal to the House, which sends it through committee and then a full vote, then it goes to the Senate for the same, then back to the Pres to sign (or back to the House first).

Last edited:
Happy New Year! States Get Hit by 400 New Regulations...

876 New Laws in California... :rolleyes:

Almost all of which are just updating existing regulations. But it sounds much more scary to conservatives when you forget to tell the whole story.

Animal abuse crime fines are a bit steeper now. The new penalty replaces the old one. See how that works?

Or... AB 1162 increases the penalty for poaching from a maximum of $10,000 to $40,000.
Or... AB 907 deletes obsolete rate increases of bar pilotage for vessels inward or outward bound through the Golden Gate or the bays of San Francisco, San Pablo and Suisun.

A new "law" is just repealing something obsolete and simplifies the legal code, but you're going to twist it around to say it's more complex.

Last edited:
mercury14 totally relying on Google for a response on the subject (not cited, naturally):

In the absence of an annual budget each branch of the Federal government instead goes through an annual appropriations process which ends in a bill. The president presents a funding proposal to the House, which sends it through committee and then a full vote, then it goes to the Senate for the same, then back to the Pres to sign (or back to the House first).

mercury14 totally relying on his own knowledge of the subject:

...the president doesn't have to submit a budget and historically it's not done.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=40494637&postcount=16

Happy New Year people!

Another year sure to fill this thread with bile and venom, yea!

Contemplate, a sober Marine Corps, the Rep's on the ropes and Congress in a spinning mass of finger pointing, unwilling to DO anything unless it get positive press!

SNAFU, really.​

Almost all of which are just updating existing regulations. But it sounds much more scary to conservatives when you forget to tell the whole story.

Animal abuse crime fines are a bit steeper now. The new penalty replaces the old one. See how that works?

Or... AB 1162 increases the penalty for poaching from a maximum of $10,000 to $40,000.
Or... AB 907 deletes obsolete rate increases of bar pilotage for vessels inward or outward bound through the Golden Gate or the bays of San Francisco, San Pablo and Suisun.

A new "law" is just repealing something obsolete and simplifies the legal code, but you're going to twist it around to say it's more complex.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back