What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no one left.....all will be in precarious financial condition, sooner or later.

And perhaps, if I do, as you say, "stop blaming", then perhaps you would be so good as to open your eyes (you can even just squint if that is better) and see that everything is not quite as rosey as Obama promised.

Even more garbage_can'ish....

I would have voted for someone other than Obama in a heartbeat if I could have. Ronmey was the poorest choice in the field.

Nevertheless, if your prospective buyers opted to not make mortgage payments for the next four years based on Obama as President, odds are very good that they could not have made them for duration of the 20 or 30-year mortgage, and if that is the case, no bank would have qualified them for a loan.

So, the more you type the bigger the holes in your story become.

So, lower your asking price. Think of it as Obama fucking you over. After all, you already have an ax to grind, so why not grind a little harder.

Even more garbage_can'ish....

I would have voted for someone other than Obama in a heartbeat if I could have. Ronmey was the poorest choice in the field.

Nevertheless, if your prospective buyers opted to not make mortgage payments for the next four years based on Obama as President, odds are very good that they could not have made them for duration of the 20 or 30-year mortgage, and if that is the case, no bank would have qualified them for a loan.

So, the more you type the bigger the holes in your story become.

So, lower your asking price. Think of it as Obama fucking you over. After all, you already have an ax to grind, so why not grind a little harder.

Maybe they thought with a different outcome, their finances would be more secure. I would imagine they would have had no problem making the payments....were already approved. Perhaps, they just did not want to spend their money any longer.

I appreciate everyone's "concern" over my house. I am sure it will all be just fine and things will be incredibly glorious for the next 4 years. Worse case, I will try again in 4 years, if anyone has any money left or has a job.

You have no idea....but the thing is, I learn from them and do not look for other's to handle them for me.

I have no idea, you're right... so that's why I'm asking you.

You had three offers on the table that you accepted, and they all withdrew?

Please clarify exactly how this played out.

I have no idea, you're right... so that's why I'm asking you.

You had three offers on the table that you accepted, and they all withdrew?

Please clarify exactly how this played out.

This....

Before....actually the day after the election. One withdrew and my realtor called the other two....both withdrew.

The highest offer came in on Monday. I was going to go with it as my realtor and I discussed it was the best offer. On Wednesday, the couple who made the offer called my realtor to withdraw the offer. My realtor then called the next highest and they no longer were interested. She called the last and they also changed their minds.

(and just to completely clarify, none had been accepted formally. The highest was agreed to by me and my realtor would be the one getting in touch with the bidder's agent.) The other two were only offerers and had not been accepted yet.

I thought I had seen everything when it came to blaming Obama. But then this one came along...:rolleyes: will it be his fault when your shitty car breaks down, too?

I thought I had seen everything when it came to blaming Obama. But then this one came along...:rolleyes: will it be his fault when your shitty car breaks down, too?

My car is just fine, thank you. I didn't buy one owned by a government auto maker:)

...and you can see it as me blaming Obama. I see it as the three bidders deciding to be frugal with their money and I most certainly agree. Perhaps it is all in the timing, but I do wonder if I would be moving toward a closing on that house had Obama not been elected.

My car is just fine, thank you. I didn't buy one owned by a government auto maker:)

...and you can see it as me blaming Obama. I see it as the three bidders deciding to be frugal with their money and I most certainly agree. Perhaps it is all in the timing, but I do wonder if I would be moving toward a closing on that house had Obama not been elected.

Smiley faces? Check
Ellipses? Check

You are Garbage Can. :cool:

Well, maybe you'll have better luck after Hilary is inaugurated in 2017:D

This....

Before....actually the day after the election. One withdrew and my realtor called the other two....both withdrew.

The highest offer came in on Monday. I was going to go with it as my realtor and I discussed it was the best offer. On Wednesday, the couple who made the offer called my realtor to withdraw the offer. My realtor then called the next highest and they no longer were interested. She called the last and they also changed their minds.

(and just to completely clarify, none had been accepted formally. The highest was agreed to by me and my realtor would be the one getting in touch with the bidder's agent.) The other two were only offerers and had not been accepted yet.

So you never actually had a signed contract from any of these people?

Then you never had an actual offer.

It sounds like a pretty fantastic story!

3 people saying they're interested, and all 3 backing out and telling you that the reason they did is because Obama was re-elected.

Last edited:
ATTN LIB LOSERS

Your talking points have been blown up, OOPS

Update II: Like I said, I haven’t paid much attention to this fight, so I don’t have a lot of insight into whether labor or management has been more unreasonable. However, the Teamsters’ web site seems to lay the blame on the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco and Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) for refusing to go along with the Teamsters to accept the last offer from Hostess:

In fact, when Hostess attempted to throw out its collective bargaining agreement with the Teamsters in court, the Teamsters fought back and won, ensuring that Hostess could not unilaterally make changes to working conditions during the several months’ long legal process that recently ended. Teamster Hostess members were allowed to decide their fate by voting on the final offer conducted by a secret mail ballot. More than two-thirds of Hostess Teamsters members voted with 53 percent voting to approve the final offer.

The BCTGM chose a different path, as is their prerogative, to not substantively look for a solution or engage in the process. BCTGM members were told there were better solutions than the final offer, although Judge Drain stated in his decision in bankruptcy court that no such solutions exist. Without complete information, BCTGM members voted by voice votes in union halls. The BCTGM reported that over 90 percent rejected the final offer and three of its units ratified the final offer.

On Friday, Nov. 9, the BCTGM began to strike at some Hostess production facilities without notice to the Teamsters despite assurances they would not proceed with job actions without contacting the Teamsters Union. This unannounced action put Teamster members in the difficult position of facing picket lines without knowing their right to honor such a line without being disciplined.

As is our longstanding tradition, Teamster members by and large are honoring Bakery Worker picket lines when encountered and complying with their contractual obligations when not encountering picket lines. The BCTGM leaders are putting Teamster members in a horrible position – asking them to support a strike that will put them out of a job when they haven’t even asked all their members to go on strike.

That strike is now on the verge of forcing the company to liquidate – it is difficult for Teamster members to believe that is what the BCTGM Hostess members ultimately wanted to accomplish when they went out on strike. We may never know unless the BCTGM members, based on the facts they know today, get to determine their fate in a secret ballot vote. Teamster members would understand that the will of the BCTGM Hostess membership was truly heard if that was the case.

That’s a pretty remarkable statement from the Teamsters.

I don't know about you all, but I make sure that every new client agreement I send out is indexed to inflation and whether my guy is in the WH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back