What does one do if no pads/tampons/panties during a period?

Mamateya

Virgin
I'm writing a story where two criminals abduct a woman to act as their domestic servant. The house they stay at is normal, but isolated, and she can't leave.

Since the woman was abducted, she only has the clothes she was wearing at the time. Clothes get dirty, but there're lots of things (like towels) in a house that can be improvised as clothes, so she's able to get by. She won't have access to pads or tampons when her period comes, but from my Googling it's possible to improvise pads as well using toilet paper or similar, so she should still be able to get by.

However: what does she do when her period comes and her clothes are being washed/dried?

I'd appreciate some ideas. All the methods to improvise pads I've found assume that one has panties with them, but the woman only has one pair of panties, and panties also need to be washed every day.

If anyone can tell me as well if most women to know what to do if they are caught without pads/tampons, that would also be appreciated.

cork_noun_002_08558.jpg

'You know where to put the cork'

And your 'story' seems ripe for 'Loving Wives'. They love assholes that promote abuse of women.

I've known some women who had periods so light, they could use toilet paper. some women use a sea sponge as a tampon. Some use a sock if they have nothing else.

Me? I used to bleed like a stuck pig. Nothing would stop it. My captors would freak and let me go.

Why don’t the captors buy her pads and tampons? A lot of cis men get fussy around menstrual blood, so it seems like they wouldn’t put her through having to improvise.

Why don’t the captors buy her pads and tampons? A lot of cis men get fussy around menstrual blood, so it seems like they wouldn’t put her through having to improvise.

I currently have that the woman is too intimidated by the kidnappers to ask them for help, and her kidnappers just don't realize it's something they have to prepare for. There are pads and tampons in the house (because she carries some in her handbag) but they're out of reach unless she asks for them, and she is too afraid to do so given what the kidnappers have done/talked about. These things also distract her enough that she first realizes her period is coming up when she gets cramps.

Speaking of which: how much time is common between the pain and blood? This time my Googling says pain occurs at the onset of menstrual flow, so the setup above might not work; there is no time to improvise.

Last edited:
I currently have that the woman is too intimidated by the kidnappers to ask them for help, and her kidnappers just don't realize it's something they have to prepare for. There are pads and tampons in the house (because she carries some in her handbag) but they're out of reach unless she asks for them, and she is too afraid to do so given what the kidnappers have done/talked about. These things also distract her enough that she first realizes her period is coming up when she gets cramps.

Speaking of which: how much time is common between the pain and blood? This time my Googling says pain occurs at the onset of menstrual flow, so the setup above might not work; there is no time to improvise.

I think a lot of us get some light spotting first, it's not like a tidal wave all at once. So she'd have time to improvise.

Back