What does he mean?

Ok,so I met someone here and it's going great,but today he casually remarked,"if you find someone better,u should take it "...what does that mean??.

Sounds to me like he's thinking of dumping you and wants you to make it easy for him. Then it's your fault. He seems a tad insecure to me.

Ok,so I met someone here and it's going great,but today he casually remarked,"if you find someone better,u should take it "...what does that mean??.
Sounds like I wouldn’t invest too much time, energy or feelings for this guy. By telling you that, he’s telling you he has.

He's manipulating you into a push-pull dynamic, where he's trying to make you feel insecure, so you'll centre him more.
It's pretty toxic.
You should take his advice and leave him to his power games.

Maybe, just maybe, he’s sincere. He’s being altruistic because he genuinely cares about you and your relationship?

Example. I have a friend on the chat side of the house that I collaborate on stories with. She is a much better writer than I’ll ever dream of being and I frequently felt I held her back in our stories. When we first started I would tell her things along this line. I didn’t have an ulterior motive other than I wanted her to feel comfortable with us.

She thankfully has elected to keep me around…even though I still weigh her down🤣

I would heed the others warnings though. I think the best advice upstream was to just ask. Don’t try and second guess.

What was said right before that?

Did you perhaps belittle him in some way?

Just an idea. I don't know, I wasn't there.

What was said right before that?

Did you perhaps belittle him in some way?

Just an idea. I don't know, I wasn't there.
Actually,I was just showing him a pm I got from some random person on lit. Someone I've never talked to thought it was ok to send me an explicit message,and I was complaining about how much I Hate these kind of pm's. That's when he said what he said. It just hurt my feelings

We all say "we were joking" when shit we say doesn't go over well.
hahaha
:confused:

Actually,I was just showing him a pm I got from some random person on lit. Someone I've never talked to thought it was ok to send me an explicit message,and I was complaining about how much I Hate these kind of pm's. That's when he said what he said. It just hurt my feelings
Sounds like he was just connecting the thing you said you were hating to (I presume) some pm's he himself had sent you.

I don't know anything besides what you've told us, but saying you met someone here and it's going great and you're connected closely enough to be worried about what his comments mean, suggests that you and he are somewhere on the intimacy spectrum. Which suggests that maybe he also has sent you explicit messages.

See my thought process, there? I don't know if it's true or not, that's between you and him, but if you badmouthed explicit PMs and he himself has sent you explicit PMs, then I can see how his comment probably was intended as a self-deprecating joke, at his own expense, and nothing more than that.

Back