What Are You Listening To Now? 6.0

The nearest FM classical station has an anonymous classic-era piano sonata booming from the 3-inch speaker on my Sony ICF-2010 shortwave radio in the kitchen window, as usual.

You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim...

Photographs & Memories: His Greatest Hits - Jim Croce

Rush - Moving Pictures (album)

Since my puberty and formative years were a bit crowded and mostly filled with Death Metal, it took nearly 30 years for me to sink my teeth into this brilliant band's work. But now that I have, this gem ranks as one of my favourite albums by the Canadians. My lady love isn't a huge fan of Geddy Lee's unique vocal tone, but as someone who counts King Diamond among his all-time heroes, I have no issues with a weird voice. That aside, I love the mood on this album, the weird mix of introspection and exuberance, contemplation and mind-bending musical wizardry. I'm not a prog fan, I don't get off on weird tonal shifts, jazzy chords or odd time signatures. More often than not I think it gets in the way of a good groove. But Rush manage the trick of putting in these instrumental gymnastics in a way that they enhance the experience.

My top picks off this record:
- The Camera Eye (https://youtu.be/9l5q7uH_0xk)
- YYZ
- Red Barchetta

Rush - Moving Pictures (album)

Since my puberty and formative years were a bit crowded and mostly filled with Death Metal, it took nearly 30 years for me to sink my teeth into this brilliant band's work. But now that I have, this gem ranks as one of my favourite albums by the Canadians. My lady love isn't a huge fan of Geddy Lee's unique vocal tone, but as someone who counts King Diamond among his all-time heroes, I have no issues with a weird voice. That aside, I love the mood on this album, the weird mix of introspection and exuberance, contemplation and mind-bending musical wizardry. I'm not a prog fan, I don't get off on weird tonal shifts, jazzy chords or odd time signatures. More often than not I think it gets in the way of a good groove. But Rush manage the trick of putting in these instrumental gymnastics in a way that they enhance the experience.

My top picks off this record:
- The Camera Eye (https://youtu.be/9l5q7uH_0xk)
- YYZ
- Red Barchetta

I LOVE RUSH! Ever since 1978. Fell in love with Caress Of Steel the first time I listened to it.
I've seen them live a bunch of times, always a great show.
My son's middle names are Neil and Alexander, never did have my Geddy :D

Every member of Rush is some sort of musical genius or something it seems :D

Camera Eye is amazing! I always loved Witch Hunt too.
Not on Moving Pictures but Natural Science is amazing too!

Tried to take a nap because it was raining and my kids were pissing me off, but really I just stayed in my room until they all left.
They left youtube on for the dogs and when I came in here it played a lot of Beatles, then Even Flow(Pearl Jam) came on, and now it's Rooster(Alice In Chains)

I suppose I could look for the remote and change it, but not until this song is over and I see what comes on next.

Tom Sawyer - Rush

Yous guys talkin' about them made me miss their music, now I just have to have it!

Back