What Are You Listening To Now? 6.0

On Sunday mornings we listen to The Beatles. We have "Breakfast With The Beatles." read the paper and the web, and then start our day.

I have a playlist put together of several hundred tracks by Russian Circles, Coma Recovery, Still Corners, Pray For Sound, Threshold, Myrkur, Thought Chamber, Sound Of Contact, Liquid Tension Experiment, Communic, Epica, Kamelot, Nightwish, The Flower Kings, Savatage, Spock's Beard, Superhand, Symphony X, Tangerine Dream and a few others ....

It's a good list.

I have a playlist put together of several hundred tracks by Russian Circles, Coma Recovery, Still Corners, Pray For Sound, Threshold, Myrkur, Thought Chamber, Sound Of Contact, Liquid Tension Experiment, Communic, Epica, Kamelot, Nightwish, The Flower Kings, Savatage, Spock's Beard, Superhand, Symphony X, Tangerine Dream and a few others ....

It's a good list.

That's quite a collection!

Threshold, LTE, Communic, Epica, Kamelot, Nightwish, The Flower Kings, Savatage, Spock's Beard, Symphony X ... I have many (sometimes most) albums by those acts, and have published reviews on some of their albums.

I'm not a Tangerine Dream fan, though :(

I'm not a Tangerine Dream fan, though :(

TD is basically atmosphere. I keep a list playing virtually 24 hours a day. Some people, like quiet when they sleep. I need background music. I keep it low, but constant.

I have some Eloy Fitsch too, but only one or two albums are list worthy.

That's why I got into Russian Circles and Pray For Sound, all instrumental, basically background atmosphere, but with a rockier edge.

https://russiancircles.bandcamp.com/

https://music.prayforsound.com/album/dreamer

TD is basically atmosphere. I keep a list playing virtually 24 hours a day. Some people, like quiet when they sleep. I need background music. I keep it low, but constant.

Yeah, I normally sleep in silence but if I'm in a strange hotel with unfamiliar noises I like to have something ambient playing. For me it's usually Cryo Chamber of one flavour or another.

Subterranean Masquerade : Mountain Fever

First listen - so no opinions yet. But some of their previous albums are among my all-time favorites, so I'm optimistic.

Back