What Are You Listening To Now? 6.0

Waiting for PTI to come on and listening to ......

Mercy, Mercy Me

by the late, great Marvin Gaye

Okay, rock 'n' rollers, this morning it's .......

Yo Yo Ma skillfully playing J S Bach's Suites #1, #4, and #5

Gotta' ease into the mornin', ya know?

The Prodigy - Breathe. They weren't really my kind of music, but a couple of theirs stuck in my memory, and I was sorry to hear of Keith Flint's passing.

Padhasapa - Ravi Shankar

I had the privilege to see Ravi in concert when I was a kid (my folks were into the whole counter culture thing in the 60’s and early 70’s) and the two things I rember most was that incredible instrument he played and all of the interesting/wonderful sounds it made and his smile. He was so joyful playing that even as a kid of 8 or 9 it sucked you in and made you smile too. Of course most if not all of the audience was stoned or tripping or both and I’m sure that I was contact high as well. But it was one of the most memorable concerts I have ever been to.

Bolt Thrower - War Master (album)

One of the god-fucking-damn best records ever made. The sad thing - listening to it reminds me of how old I have become. I was sixteen when it came out back in '91. Feels like a bloody lifetime. The good thing - the music has lost absolutely nothing of its power. There are few bands able to groove like the old Bolzenwerfer :)

https://youtu.be/9GxDKWNvpog

I thought the same, up until the moment I learned he took his own life. That dialed my sympathy down to 0.

I don't think it's wise to judge people for something like that. These folk are in the spotlight but it doesn't mean we know their private struggles. I remember we had a similar discussion about Robin Williams in AH a few years back, just after his death, and as it turned out nobody in that discussion had the slightest idea about the illness he was suffering.

One of my dearest friends is struggling with suicidal ideation at the moment. It's not because she's a weak or selfish person, just that some things in life are really, really hard, and the brain is as susceptible to illness as any other part of the body.

The Mountain - Steve Earle & The Del McCoury Band

Loving "Dixieland," especially.

Back