What’s for dinner?

It's going to be slow-cooked pork and ... something yet to be decided.

My local Sainsbury's has a lot of empty veg shelves with notices about adverse weather causing a shortage of several fresh green items.

Frittata. And I’m kicking myself for making something complicated the same night I’m baking cornbread and two different pies!

Being the day it is (I'm English but my wife's American), it'll be turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, sprouts, sausages, cranberry sauce and lotsa gravy!

Today it's ribeye steaks that have been marinating for three days and baked potatoes.

Being the day it is (I'm English but my wife's American), it'll be turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, sprouts, sausages, cranberry sauce and lotsa gravy!
We're sticking with the classic turkey based meal, also. My role was peeling and prepping the potatoes and sweet potatoes from my garden. Done. I can hang back until the potatoes are cooked and ready to be mashed.

Turkey is in the oven, and my partner is working on the greenbean casserole. The pie was made at Costco. Glad to be living in the land of plenty.

Taking a break from the prep marathon. The turkey is baking. The giblets are simmering for gravy. I made the homemade cornbread stuffing this morning with the cornbread I baked yesterday. Still ahead: making the green bean casserole, mashing the potatoes, whipping the cream for the pumpkin and pecan pies I made last night.

My husband and kids have been informed that they’re responsible for getting the house ready for our guests.

My daughter did peel the potatoes, so I’m not doing ALL the cooking.

Had frozen some leftover tomato and meat sauce from holiday, had all the cheeses and noodles necessary, so decided to make lasagna again. She agreed it was even better than the last time!

Tonight will be brinner! Breakfast for dinner ☺️, I'll be doing waffles an blueberries, and eggs.

Had frozen some leftover tomato and meat sauce from holiday, had all the cheeses and noodles necessary, so decided to make lasagna again. She agreed it was even better than the last time!
Yup, lasagna here, also.

Wife's sick with a nasty cold virus so I've done the usual sick day chicken soup: brothy with chicken thigh pieces, kale, coriander, lime juice and lots and lots of ginger, chili and garlic

Beef stew for a rainy winter day! The pot is simmering on the stove right now.

2lbs round steak, celery, onions, garlic, red wine, beef stock, herbs de Provence. The house already smells amazing.

It's winter, so I pulled three huge butternut squashes from last summer's harvest out of the storage cabinet, roasted them in the barbeque along wirh some other ingredients, and made a huge pot of heavy squash-ginger soup that will be served with barbequed chicken.

Back