What’s for dinner?

Here, it’s sushi. I’m just waiting for the rice to finish cooking. Then I can add the vinegar, and cut up the fish while it cools.

Tonight is salmon, yellowtail, fatty tuna, and salmon eggs!
I’m sorry, I just remembered I have to trim my toenails and feed the goldfish, and won’t be able to make it to dinner. Besides, I think I’d rather starve than eat sushi. I might head over to the beef pot pie person’s place, though. Now that sounds good!

I’m sorry, I just remembered I have to trim my toenails and feed the goldfish, and won’t be able to make it to dinner. Besides, I think I’d rather starve than eat sushi. I might head over to the beef pot pie person’s place, though. Now that sounds good!
That’s a pity, because last night’s sushi was stellar! I also added some seared albacore to the bowl for variety.

Tonight is leftover homemade chili! It’s better when it sits in the fridge for a few days.

That’s a pity, because last night’s sushi was stellar! I also added some seared albacore to the bowl for variety.

Tonight is leftover homemade chili! It’s better when it sits in the fridge for a few days.
Okay, you talked me into it. That leftover chili sounds pretty good. Want me to bring anything? I’ve got a half-empty leftover bottle of wine in the fridge that might hit the spot.

Tonight, since I'm finally home, I can cook. Steak fajitas with chips and homemade bean dip. Will most likely make some elote, as well.

@dad8bod steak fajitas sound amazing, but I've no idea what elote is.

For dinner I've picked up some Salmon en croute, sweet potato and broccoli.

Last edited:
@uhmm Elote is a Mexican corn variant. You can grill or boil corn on the cob or serve it in a bowl, brushed/mixed with a combo of mayo/butter/spices with a dash of lime juice. It is a delicious side dish.

@uhmm Elote is a Mexican corn variant. You can grill or boil corn on the cob or serve it in a bowl, brushed/mixed with a combo of mayo/butter/spices with a dash of lime juice. It is a delicious side dish.
Added a black bean dip to the mix here, too. Been trying to replicate the dip from Gloria’s for several years, and am getting closer.

Decided on breakfast for dinner, cheese omelet, toast and home fries with coffee.

Damn it hit the spot after a long day.

My attempt at Bangers and Mash. I couldn't get ahold of "British" sausage, so I substituted with bratwurst. Also, couldn't find Marmite in my local grocery store, so I used a bit of my really good miso, some concentrated beef stock and a bit of MSG. Hope it looks acceptable to the real deal. It was fucking delicious! The onion gravey was spot on.

20231022_183227.jpg

i've some chicken defrosting but haven't yet decided which route to go... fried? curry? lemon? tossed in noodles? i need to ask myself 'how lazy do I feel today?'

unless i change my mind, it'll be creamy pesto chicken 'n' noodles

I'm in charge of cooking Saturday and Sunday dinners. I have no clue what I'm making yet, however, I just bought 5lbs of meaty short ribs, 4lbs of tri-tip, 3lbs of flank and skirt steak, 3 whole chickens (around 4 to 5lbs each) 4lbs of chicken hind quarters, 5lbs of my butchers mix ground beef (usually ends up being 80/20 or 85/15,depending on his trimmings), and a large picanha with a workable fat cap. Lots of beef, but we've been eating a lot of pork and chicken.

Anyone have any ideas? I need some inspiration.
Note: my smoker is a weeine washer and doesn't do well under 60f. So, smoking is out, until I buy or build.

Local mexican restaurant chips salsa, chimichanga and margarita's
Started out with 3 of us ended with 8. Perfect storm on a thrusday night
great atmosphere, non stop conversation, all around fun evening.

My wife's favorite for Sunday nights, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and sausage. I'm thinking about homemade biscuits too.

Back